Why would the SCOTUS...

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Why would the SCOTUS...

Post by saltydog »

Repeal the Clean Water Act of 1972?

Please educate me because it doesn't make sense.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
JackCoughsALot
the "edgy" one

Re: Why would the SCOTUS...

Post by JackCoughsALot »

I don't think it was a good decision, but the clean water act wasn't working. Too many loopholes have allowed companies to pollute the waters and then point to the CWA and say they're environmentally friendly. The result? about half of all lakes and rivers across the country are "impaired". Not fishable, swimmable or drinkable. The rule that was repealed is supposed to be replaced with a new rule but I don't know any details about it. Haven't looked. The CWA probably should be replaced but shouldn't we know with what before we start repealing things? I'm not a legal expert, but that's what would make sense to me.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

The real sin here isn't the contents of the EO, it was that an EO has been codified as being legally binding to existing laws.

Effectively creating laws, and the amending of laws is simply something the Executive Branch should never have the power to do.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Best solution to having clean water is that everybody’s water intake is just downstream from their waste output.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Cassandros wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:03 am The real sin here isn't the contents of the EO, it was that an EO has been codified as being legally binding to existing laws.

Effectively creating laws, and the amending of laws is simply something the Executive Branch should never have the power to do.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Antknot wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:11 am Best solution to having clean water is that everybody’s water intake is just downstream from their waste output.
now there is a good idea.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Animal wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:15 pm
Antknot wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:11 am Best solution to having clean water is that everybody’s water intake is just downstream from their waste output.
now there is a good idea.
Not originally mine, read it in a Heinlein novel.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Charliesheen wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:04 am
Cassandros wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:03 am The real sin here isn't the contents of the EO, it was that an EO has been codified as being legally binding to existing laws.

Yes sir. He nailed it