How diverse is your diet?

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

DiverTexas
No life apart from this stupid forum board

How diverse is your diet?

Post by DiverTexas »

Last night I was eating Lobster and crab bisque.
Tonight I ate chicken flavored Ramen.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: How diverse is your diet?

Post by Animal »

Sunday I had wagyu steaks and Monday I had fried chicken livers and gravy.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Yesterday a Hook and Ladder sub from Firehouse Subs. Today homemade crab and shrimp dip with veggies.
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

Eeeesh... I eat alone alot. I like granola bars, charcuterie boards, Chocolate Pebbles, Yogurts and granola. Oh and water.
Cyberhonky
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Cyberhonky »

fairly well regimented during the week- but weekends i do whatever
Vote for Pedro
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

and, for what its worth, I VERY HIGHLY recommend ground Wagyu meat for hamburgers. holy shit!!
DiverTexas
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by DiverTexas »

Animal wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:24 am and, for what its worth, I VERY HIGHLY recommend ground Wagyu meat for hamburgers. holy shit!!
That's the truth, can't beat it.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Last night I smoked salmon in my smoker.

Tonight it was homemade canned Maple baked beans and wieners.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Animal wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:24 am and, for what its worth, I VERY HIGHLY recommend ground Wagyu meat for hamburgers. holy shit!!
I am trying to track down a friend who raised heifers and get in on one.

I look forward to making Koji beef.
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

What's the diff in all that beef? (Sounds like a Black Eye Peas song)
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

disco.moon wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:37 am What's the diff in all that beef? (Sounds like a Black Eye Peas song)
Waygu is raised.

Koji beef is beef that has been quick dry aged with Koji rice for 48 hrs. Makes it the equivalent of 48 days.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

stonedmegman wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:41 am
disco.moon wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:37 am What's the diff in all that beef? (Sounds like a Black Eye Peas song)
Waygu is raised.

Koji beef is beef that has been quick dry aged with Koji rice for 48 hrs. Makes it the equivalent of 48 days.
Kobe beef is from original cattle raised in Japan. I think they have some in Australia. Its like champagne. You can't only call beef Kobe if it was from the original kobe cattle in Japan.

Years ago some cows were smuggled out of Japan (probably semen and embryo's, too) and now there are kobe cows in the US, but they can't be called Kobe over here. Here they are called Wagyu. Same thing, just not the same. However, over here, not many wagyu cows are 100% wagyu. Most have been cross bred with angus. To make bigger cows and to make the meat cheaper and more compatable with what people here are used to.

A pound of 100% wagyu ground meat is $10 around here. Well worth that price if you have ever had any.

i have never heard of Koji beef.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Animal wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:51 am
Waygu is raised.

Kobe beef is from original cattle raised in Japan. I think they have some in Australia. Its like champagne. You can't only call beef Kobe if it was from the original kobe cattle in Japan.

Years ago some cows were smuggled out of Japan (probably semen and embryo's, too) and now there are kobe cows in the US, but they can't be called Kobe over here. Here they are called Wagyu. Same thing, just not the same. However, over here, not many wagyu cows are 100% wagyu. Most have been cross bred with angus. To make bigger cows and to make the meat cheaper and more compatable with what people here are used to.

A pound of 100% wagyu ground meat is $10 around here. Well worth that price if you have ever had any.

You take Koji rice and pulverize it. I use a spice grinder. You then rub it all over a piece of beef. (Even really cheap cuts work). You then put it on a rack in the fridge for 2 days, uncovered. The bacteria in the rice breaks down the meat and you get the equivalent of a piece of meat dry aged for 45 days. When you take it out, rinse it off and cook as you would.

I did a Prime rib roast last year and it was awesome. 8-)
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

stonedmegman wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:58 am
Waygu is raised.

You take Koji rice and pulverize it. I use a spice grinder. You then rub it all over a piece of beef. (Even really cheap cuts work). You then put it on a rack in the fridge for 2 days, uncovered. The bacteria in the rice breaks down the meat and you get the equivalent of a piece of meat dry aged for 45 days. When you take it out, rinse it off and cook as you would.

Ok. I am definitely going to have to look into that. I have never in my life heard of it. Obviously, I have heard of dry aged meat. I need to google for a recipe. surely its more complicated than what you typed.

and i have to find out what Koji rice is. :lol:
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Animal wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:01 am
stonedmegman wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:58 am
Waygu is raised.

Ok. I am definitely going to have to look into that. I have never in my life heard of it. Obviously, I have heard of dry aged meat. I need to google for a recipe. surely its more complicated than what you typed.

and i have to find out what Koji rice is. :lol:
It really is that simple.

I get my Koji rice on Amazon.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Hydroseismic
Fish fear me, trannys love me.
Interests: Women with drinking problems/daddy issues.

Post by Hydroseismic »

Yesterday I had ribeye for dinner today I had a bbq sandwich from buc-cees.
Faith is simple medicine for desperate souls.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

I had a New Zealand grass fed wagyu strip steak last night. Meh
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

Monday steak and stirfry veggies, Tuesday nacho salad, wednesday pork chop with asparagus, last night sushi and sashimi.
I have some wagyu short ribs in the freezer i need to find time to cook up. Next couple weekends i should be home with no plans.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

I had no idea beef was so diverse. When I get steak at restaurants I order a hanger (sp?) Steak. Well done with ketchup

Jk lol.

It's nice to know Biker doesn't eat small children.
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

Blast wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:53 am Monday steak and stirfry veggies, Tuesday nacho salad, wednesday pork chop with asparagus, last night sushi and sashimi.
I have some wagyu short ribs in the freezer i need to find time to cook up. Next couple weekends i should be home with no plans.
Dang, I wanna come eat at your house!!
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Had sushi Tuesday night. Wednesday lunch was pizza with lemon sauce at my friend's restaurant. Can't remember what I had for dinner.
Yesterday I went to Kuma's Corner and had an Iron Maiden burger without the lettuce, tomato, and onion.
Right now I'm housing some cloudberry and lingonberry compote on sourdough pancakes.
We have reservation tickets at Alinea tonight for the 18-course tasting menu, but I don't know what that entails. But I'm going to the Redhead Piano Bar first for a few Chicago Blizzards, so I will very likely embarrass myself.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:14 am I had a New Zealand grass fed wagyu strip steak last night. Meh
The steaks I tried last were wagyu strip. I wasn't impressed at all. It might have been how they were cooked. But I don't like beef strip steaks either.
jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

I smoked a turkey and put all the weird things that are inside of it in the smoker just to see what that was like. I guess it's a liver,heart,some other little weird chewy thing and the neck. I tasted all of them and didn't like anything so I gave it to the pig. I guess she liked it because she ate it.Not the neck though. I don't eat much fancy/expensive stuff.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Biker wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:14 am I had a New Zealand grass fed wagyu strip steak last night. Meh
Corn fed beef tastes better. A grassy diet might be more natural but that flavor in the meat is kinda bitter