I'm just gonna go ahead and say it:

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: I'm just gonna go ahead and say it:

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:10 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:07 pm
rule34 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:04 pm So if you buckle your seat belt, you are "living in fear"?

Getting fined notwithstanding.
Biker would have you think so.
So were you masking before the pandemic? You know the common flu kills too
Why am I not surprised that you can't understand the difference between a pandemic and the common flu.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Deathproof wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:27 pm
Animal wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:54 pm
Deathproof wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:51 am
Animal wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:48 pm
you have to be kidding? statistically 1% means that 1% will die. That is 1 out of 100 no matter how you slice it.
Okay, now extrapolate from there. The United States has roughly 330 million people, right? Now, this disease from China has a LESS THAN one percent fatality rate, but let's round up to one percent.
That means out of that population, 326,700,000 Americans out of 330,000,000 have NOT been killed by China.

Which doesn't even take into account all the filthy border-jumping foreign invaders who aren't exactly raising their hands to be counted.

And while I wholeheartedly agree that the entire planet should send China a bill for those dead Americans, its silly to live in fear over a less than 1 percent fatality rate.
I can see that numbers aren't really in your wheel house. I have no idea what you are trying to say here.
Let me clarify, then. The numbers show that your chances of dying from China's virus are statistically so low that it doesn't make sense to spend your life living in fear of it. Stupid people do that.
Are you going to spend your life worrying about being hit by lightning? Being bitten by a shark? Having an airplane crash into your house?
1% is not statistically low.

Chances of being hit by lightning: are 0.0002%
Chances of being bitten by a shark: are 0.00000267%.
Chances of an airplane crashing into your house: Well, the chances of dying in a plane crash are 0.000000909%

Those are all much different than 1% as you can probably tell. Those three examples you gave are statistically very low.

If they weren't statistically very low, then their numbers would be up in the hundreds of thousands a year, like covid deaths are.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Animal wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:41 pm
you have to be kidding? statistically 1% means that 1% will die. That is 1 out of 100 no matter how you slice it.
Okay, now extrapolate from there. The United States has roughly 330 million people, right? Now, this disease from China has a LESS THAN one percent fatality rate, but let's round up to one percent.
That means out of that population, 326,700,000 Americans out of 330,000,000 have NOT been killed by China.

Which doesn't even take into account all the filthy border-jumping foreign invaders who aren't exactly raising their hands to be counted.

And while I wholeheartedly agree that the entire planet should send China a bill for those dead Americans, its silly to live in fear over a less than 1 percent fatality rate.
I can see that numbers aren't really in your wheel house. I have no idea what you are trying to say here.
Let me clarify, then. The numbers show that your chances of dying from China's virus are statistically so low that it doesn't make sense to spend your life living in fear of it. Stupid people do that.
Are you going to spend your life worrying about being hit by lightning? Being bitten by a shark? Having an airplane crash into your house?

Chances of being hit by lightning: are 0.0002%
Chances of being bitten by a shark: are 0.00000267%.
Chances of an airplane crashing into your house: Well, the chances of dying in a plane crash are 0.000000909%

Those are all much different than 1% as you can probably tell. Those three examples you gave are statistically very low.

If they weren't statistically very low, then their numbers would be up in the hundreds of thousands a year, like covid deaths are.
I believe you are missing his point. I'm not even sure what things people could experience at a1% fatality rate. But whatever those are, "they" effectively shut down the entire World economy like this was some plague outbreak of biblical proportion that threatened the entire human race with extinction. Dumbest thing by far I've ever seen in my life. There is no 2nd place.
DiverTexas
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by DiverTexas »

Only at UJR can a thread about a singer and band devolve into a discussion about the pandemic and statistics.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:21 pm I believe you are missing his point. I'm not even sure what things people could experience at a1% fatality rate. But whatever those are, "they" effectively shut down the entire World economy like this was some plague outbreak of biblical proportion that threatened the entire human race with extinction. Dumbest thing by far I've ever seen in my life. There is no 2nd place.
If you are a driver in a Grand Prix race, your chances of dying are 1 in 100 (1%). And about half that bad 1 in 167 (0.5%) of dying if you are climbing one of the peaks in Nepal.

You know, those "slim chance" type of endeavors.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

DiverTexas wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:47 pm Only at UJR can a thread about a singer and band devolve into a discussion about the pandemic and statistics.
Don't forget the sharks and airplanes crashing into houses.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:03 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:21 pm I believe you are missing his point. I'm not even sure what things people could experience at a1% fatality rate. But whatever those are, "they" effectively shut down the entire World economy like this was some plague outbreak of biblical proportion that threatened the entire human race with extinction. Dumbest thing by far I've ever seen in my life. There is no 2nd place.
If you are a driver in a Grand Prix race, your chances of dying are 1 in 100 (1%). And about half that bad 1 in 167 (0.5%) of dying if you are climbing one of the peaks in Nepal.

And they wouldn't shut down the local economy for that, would they? Hell, it would help because of all the extra tickets sold. See how that works.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

let this be a reminder to everyone to always play your same lotto numbers every week. Every time you don't win, your odds go way up for the next time.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

And just a reminder if you are the government, if more than 1 ticket wins the lottery using the same numbers, you are required to shut down your entire economy for a year. It's the new rule.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:13 pm And just a reminder if you are the government, if more than 1 ticket wins the lottery using the same numbers, you are required to shut down your entire economy for a year. It's the new rule.
ECONOMY OVER LIVES !!! DEAD PEOPLE DON'T MATTER !!!
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:13 pm And just a reminder if you are the government, if more than 1 ticket wins the lottery using the same numbers, you are required to shut down your entire economy for a year. It's the new rule.
^ airheaded, birdbrained, bonehead, boneheaded, brain-dead, brainless, bubbleheaded, chuckleheaded, dense, dim, dim-witted, doltish, dopey (also dopy), dorky [slang], dull, dunderheaded, empty-headed, fatuous, gormless [chiefly British], half-witted, knuckleheaded, lamebrain (or lamebrained), lunkheaded, mindless, oafish, obtuse, opaque, pinheaded, senseless, simple, slow, slow-witted, soft, softheaded, stupid, thick, thick-witted, thickheaded, unintelligent, unsmart, vacuous, weak-minded, witless, cretinous, feebleminded, simpleminded, boobish, foolish, idiotic (also idiotical), imbecile (or imbecilic), moronic, ignorant, illiterate, lowbrow, uneducated, uninformed, unintellectual, untaught, unthinking, absurd, asinine, balmy, cockeyed, crackpot, crazy, cuckoo, daffy, daft, dippy, dotty, featherheaded, fool, half-baked, harebrained, insane, kooky (also kookie), loony (also looney), lunatic, mad, nonsensical, nutty, preposterous, sappy, screwball, silly, tomfool, unwise, wacky (also whacky), zany, fallacious, illogical, invalid, irrational, unreasonable, and drunk.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

DiverTexas wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:47 pm Only at UJR can a thread about a singer and band devolve into a discussion about the pandemic and statistics.
Truff! Lets try to get it back on track.

Debbie Harry, 76, shows off her bold sense of style as she proves she's still rocking it with standing ovation at Glasgow gig
There aren't many singers who receive a standing ovation before a performance.

However, Blondie frontwoman Debbie Harry isn't just any singer.

The 76-year-old rocker wowed the crowd at Glasgow's Hydro arena on Friday night before she sang a single note as the iconic American band kicked off their first UK tour in five years.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... w-gig.html
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:48 pm
Biker wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:39 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:33 pm

No one is living in fear, Karen. Taking common sense Covid precautions is not "living in fear".
That's just a term you far-right, lunitic fringe, conspiracy theoryists have latched onto.
You mask every time you're in public. Thats living in fear, dipshit
No. It's not. It's common-sense precautions. I am not "living in fear".
You are, though. But it wasn't just the masks I was talking about. I was mainly thinking about how you people want motherfuckers to have to carry around vaccine passports to get into places, like we're jews in fucking Nazi Germany. And the demands to shut everything down (except when a democratneeds a haircut or wants to party with their friends).
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

In other words, you have a better chance of dying in a grand prix race than you do of dying from Covid.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Animal wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:41 pm

Yes, it is.
DiverTexas
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by DiverTexas »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:02 pm
It would be wise for you not to argue his statistical or mathematical abilities.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:26 pm
^ airheaded, birdbrained, bonehead, boneheaded, brain-dead, brainless, bubbleheaded, chuckleheaded, dense, dim, dim-witted, doltish, dopey (also dopy), dorky [slang], dull, dunderheaded, empty-headed, fatuous, gormless [chiefly British], half-witted, knuckleheaded, lamebrain (or lamebrained), lunkheaded, mindless, oafish, obtuse, opaque, pinheaded, senseless, simple, slow, slow-witted, soft, softheaded, stupid, thick, thick-witted, thickheaded, unintelligent, unsmart, vacuous, weak-minded, witless, cretinous, feebleminded, simpleminded, boobish, foolish, idiotic (also idiotical), imbecile (or imbecilic), moronic, ignorant, illiterate, lowbrow, uneducated, uninformed, unintellectual, untaught, unthinking, absurd, asinine, balmy, cockeyed, crackpot, crazy, cuckoo, daffy, daft, dippy, dotty, featherheaded, fool, half-baked, harebrained, insane, kooky (also kookie), loony (also looney), lunatic, mad, nonsensical, nutty, preposterous, sappy, screwball, silly, tomfool, unwise, wacky (also whacky), zany, fallacious, illogical, invalid, irrational, unreasonable, and drunk.
I was actually pretty impressed it was all in alphabetical order until after witless, then it was all scatterbrain, all over the place just like the logic you post around here.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

DiverTexas wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:38 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:02 pm
It would be wise for you not to argue his statistical or mathematical abilities.
I'm not questioning his statistical or mathematical skills, I'm questioning his sanity.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Deathproof wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:13 pm

In other words, you have a better chance of dying in a grand prix race than you do of dying from Covid.
if you happen to be a driver in that grand prix race, then yes. that would be more dangerous than Covid. But you'd be safer climbing Mount Everest than trying to live through Covid.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Animal wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:38 pm let this be a reminder to everyone to always play your same lotto numbers every week. Every time you don't win, your odds go way up for the next time.
:lol:

There are people who believe that
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Biker wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:32 am
Animal wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:38 pm let this be a reminder to everyone to always play your same lotto numbers every week. Every time you don't win, your odds go way up for the next time.

Government funded voluntary taxation while complaining about tax rates and inflation.

'Merica indeed.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Got a cousin who said he wished he never pick numbers. Now he worries if he doesn’t play them they will hit.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Antknot wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:27 am

Got a cousin who said he wished he never pick numbers. Now he worries if he doesn’t play them they will hit.
:lol: LMFAO!