The End of Roe vs. Wade

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Re: The End of Roe vs. Wade

Post by Antknot »

Animal wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:22 pm
Antknot wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:32 pm
Who wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:57 pm
Antknot wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:24 am
saltydog wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:47 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:13 pm the way i heard it explained was that they ruled like they did because this coach did it AFTER the game and it was all voluntary and included anyone (including other team players/coaches) to join. They said if the coach had done it DURING the game, like at half time, it would have probably been a different ruling. The ruling was more a ruling on when a coach is under employment rules and when he is not. But leave it to Who to come up with a religious/political angle.
Separation. Of. Church. And. State.

The fundamental reasoning behind the creation of the United States.
Yes the United States can not create and mandate a religion. Think early Church of England
Don’t tell that to the SCOTUS
No need. I bet each justice can pass a civics test with a higher score than you.
Probably can pass 9 out of 10 tests on varying subjects higher than you also.
you are giving Who too much credit. Unless it was a test on toenail fungus and ringworms, I would bet on SCOTUS every single time.
GMAC
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

Interesting tidbit mentioned on Twitter, Justice Neal Gorsuch’s mother was Secretary of the Department that oversaw the EPA during the Reagan administration.

She tried gutting the agency when she was in charge but was stymied by Congress.

Justice Gorsuch and his fellow Christian Taliban gave Mom a belated Mother’s Day gift.
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Who wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:22 am Interesting tidbit mentioned on Twitter, Justice Neal Gorsuch’s mother was Secretary of the Department that oversaw the EPA during the Reagan administration.

She tried gutting the agency when she was in charge but was stymied by Congress.

Justice Gorsuch and his fellow Christian Taliban gave Mom a belated Mother’s Day gift.
good grief. did you hear that on Qanon?
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

Animal wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:24 am
Who wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:22 am Interesting tidbit mentioned on Twitter, Justice Neal Gorsuch’s mother was Secretary of the Department that oversaw the EPA during the Reagan administration.

I’m on my phone 📱. Feel free to fact check it
A Legend In His Own Mind

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Who wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:46 am
Animal wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:24 am

I’m on my phone 📱. Feel free to fact check it
i googled "scotus mothers day gift" and nothing came up. weird.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

Sex bad!!!
A Legend In His Own Mind

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Who wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:07 amSex bad!!!
very few people actually say outloud that they favor abortion as a last resort form of birth control.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

The EPA has needed a check for a looooooong time now. Its about time they finally got one.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

Abortion is Healthcare. Maybe they should have explained to this 10yo rape victim about sAfE SeX snd abStiNece.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/202 ... 788415001/

And some lawmakers believe she should be forced to carry said child.

"https://www.mississippifreepress.org/25 ... -gunn-says

Mississippi House Speaker Philip Gunn says abortion should be illegal even for a 12-year-old rape victim carrying her father or uncle’s child. He made the remark to reporters in the hours after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down Roe v. Wade in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, allowing state abortion bans to take effect.

[...]

“No, (the law) does not include an exception for incest,” Gunn said. “I don’t know that that will be changed.”

“Do you think the Legislature should revisit that?” Pettus asked.

“Personally, no. I do not,” Gunn said. “I believe life begins at conception. Every life is valuable. And those are my personal beliefs.”

[...]

But during the last legislative term alone, Speaker Gunn killed or declined to support efforts to provide health care options for new mothers. This spring, Republican Mississippi Sen. Kevin Blackwell, R-Southaven, sponsored a bill that would have ensured low-income new mothers in Mississippi have access to postpartum Medicaid coverage for 12 months after giving birth. Currently, that coverage is only available for two months.

The Republican-led Mississippi Senate voted 46-5 for the postpartum Medicaid extension. On the Senate floor, Blackwell referenced the state’s history of passing anti-abortion laws.

“I think we’ve done an excellent job of protecting the baby in the womb. But once it’s out of the womb it’s like, ‘Whoop!’ You’re on your own,” he said.

[...]

Gunn, the past chairman of the board of the right-wing American Legislative Exchange Council, has long opposed expanding Medicaid broadly in the state, not just postpartum coverage. Studies estimate that as many as 300,000 working Mississippians who make too much for traditional Medicaid but not enough to afford health insurance could gain health-care access if the state accepted billions from the federal government to expand the program.

“As I’ve said very publicly, I’m opposed to Medicaid expansion,” Gunn told the AP on March 9, erroneously conflating general Medicaid expansion with the targeted postpartum extension. “We need to look for ways to keep people off, not put them on.”

Asked if the postpartum extension might have saved lives, Gunn offered a noncommittal quote. “That has not been a part of the discussions that I’ve heard,” he said at the time.

As he talked about a new “pro-life” agenda after the Dobbs ruling on June 24, Gunn said he “expects the churches to step up” to help pregnant women, but reiterated that he opposes expanding Medicaid or extending postpartum coverage."
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

One thing that drives me fucking crazy is the term "pregnant people" however.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

disco.moon wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:56 am One thing that drives me fucking crazy is the term "pregnant people" however.
Men can give birth too!
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

disco.moon wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:51 am Abortion is Healthcare. Maybe they should have explained to this 10yo rape victim about sAfE SeX snd abStiNece.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/202 ... 788415001/

And some lawmakers believe she should be forced to carry said child.

"https://www.mississippifreepress.org/25 ... -gunn-says

Mississippi House Speaker Philip Gunn says abortion should be illegal even for a 12-year-old rape victim carrying her father or uncle’s child. He made the remark to reporters in the hours after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down Roe v. Wade in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, allowing state abortion bans to take effect.

[...]

“No, (the law) does not include an exception for incest,” Gunn said. “I don’t know that that will be changed.”

“Do you think the Legislature should revisit that?” Pettus asked.

“Personally, no. I do not,” Gunn said. “I believe life begins at conception. Every life is valuable. And those are my personal beliefs.”

[...]

But during the last legislative term alone, Speaker Gunn killed or declined to support efforts to provide health care options for new mothers. This spring, Republican Mississippi Sen. Kevin Blackwell, R-Southaven, sponsored a bill that would have ensured low-income new mothers in Mississippi have access to postpartum Medicaid coverage for 12 months after giving birth. Currently, that coverage is only available for two months.

The Republican-led Mississippi Senate voted 46-5 for the postpartum Medicaid extension. On the Senate floor, Blackwell referenced the state’s history of passing anti-abortion laws.

“I think we’ve done an excellent job of protecting the baby in the womb. But once it’s out of the womb it’s like, ‘Whoop!’ You’re on your own,” he said.

[...]

Gunn, the past chairman of the board of the right-wing American Legislative Exchange Council, has long opposed expanding Medicaid broadly in the state, not just postpartum coverage. Studies estimate that as many as 300,000 working Mississippians who make too much for traditional Medicaid but not enough to afford health insurance could gain health-care access if the state accepted billions from the federal government to expand the program.

“As I’ve said very publicly, I’m opposed to Medicaid expansion,” Gunn told the AP on March 9, erroneously conflating general Medicaid expansion with the targeted postpartum extension. “We need to look for ways to keep people off, not put them on.”

Asked if the postpartum extension might have saved lives, Gunn offered a noncommittal quote. “That has not been a part of the discussions that I’ve heard,” he said at the time.

As he talked about a new “pro-life” agenda after the Dobbs ruling on June 24, Gunn said he “expects the churches to step up” to help pregnant women, but reiterated that he opposes expanding Medicaid or extending postpartum coverage."
Thank goodness we have someone that posts here that SHOULD have a say in how women's bodies shouldn't be regulated.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Just so you guys know, the Supreme Court didn't ban abortions. In fact they don't care one way or another about abortions.

Take these issues up with your appropriate state legislature. They can now decide anything they want. Legal. Not legal. or anything in between. Its totally up to each state.

I personally wish they were still legal everywhere, but it makes sense to me that they let each state decide on their own.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

Animal wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:08 am Just so you guys know, the Supreme Court didn't ban abortions. In fact they don't care one way or another about abortions.

Take these issues up with your appropriate state legislature. They can now decide anything they want. Legal. Not legal. or anything in between. Its totally up to each state.

I personally wish they were still legal everywhere, but it makes sense to me that they let each state decide on their own.
I think most sane people understand this, what they did do though is reverse a ruling not based on law but on a book of fiction written 2000 years ago and interpreted 100 different ways
A Legend In His Own Mind

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

which part of the constitution is it that guarantees a right to an abortion?
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

Animal wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:13 am which part of the constitution is it that guarantees a right to an abortion?
According to which bible version?
A Legend In His Own Mind

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Who wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:16 am
Animal wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:13 am which part of the constitution is it that guarantees a right to an abortion?
According to which bible version?
that's about what i would expect from you.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:08 am Just so you guys know, the Supreme Court didn't ban abortions. In fact they don't care one way or another about abortions.

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Biker wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:31 am Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dudes tryin to get laid.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

* than
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

I kinda wish I knew this was going on. Wouldve been fun to see the freaks live and in person
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:16 am

if you think about it, it seems to be the perfect compromise. if you want to live in a state where its legal you can. if you live in a state where its illegal you can still drive to a state where its legal. Its basically just a compromise to the voters in each state. and as polarizing as this issue is, it seems like letting it be settled state by state seems to make much more sense.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

I’m happy you folks are happy 😊
A Legend In His Own Mind