The End of Roe vs. Wade

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: The End of Roe vs. Wade

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:26 am
FSchmertz wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:33 am One of the latest things I've read is a "friend" of Ivanka's claiming that she'd had an abortion in high school. And Ivanka's on record as being against abortion.

https://radaronline.com/p/lauren-santo- ... -abortion/

P.S. Though I think the ex-friend is kind of scummy for outing Ivanka
Even if it is true there are lots of women who have had abortions that have changed their stance and/or regret their decision. The "friend" is trying for a "gotcha" and all Ivanka would have to say is: "Yeah, I had one and I think about it and regret it every day."
There is one thing, since all this abortion issue got back in the national spotlight the last year or so, that I found totally ironic and surprising since the media (both sides) hasn't even mentioned it, at least what I've seen. It's the story of Norma McCorvey
McCorvey was the pseudonym "Jane Roe" that was filed as the lead plaintiff in Roe vs Wade. Many many years before her passing in 2017, she had a total change of heart and became a vocal critic of abortion and was the top speaker at many anti-abortion rallies. Ironic indeed. Oh yes, she also stated that in the early 70's, she was paid to have the abortion and become the lead plaintiff in the case.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:19 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:33 am One of the latest things I've read is a "friend" of Ivanka's claiming that she'd had an abortion in high school. And Ivanka's on record as being against abortion.

Even if it is true there are lots of women who have had abortions that have changed their stance and/or regret their decision. The "friend" is trying for a "gotcha" and all Ivanka would have to say is: "Yeah, I had one and I think about it and regret it every day."
There is one thing, since all this abortion issue got back in the national spotlight the last year or so, that I found totally ironic and surprising since the media (both sides) hasn't even mentioned it, at least what I've seen. It's the story of Norma McCorvey
McCorvey was the pseudonym "Jane Roe" that was filed as the lead plaintiff in Roe vs Wade. Many many years before her passing in 2017, she had a total change of heart and became a vocal critic of abortion and was the top speaker at many anti-abortion rallies. Ironic indeed. Oh yes, she also stated that in the early 70's, she was paid to have the abortion and become the lead plaintiff in the case.
Captivating. How totally useful.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

She also admitted that she lied about being raped
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:04 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:41 am P.S. And no, I don't think they were a constitutional right. That Roe v Wade ruling was always kinda shaky. If folks want it to be legal nationally, they should pass a law. And even that might be unconstitutional (states rights).
As a defender of full abortion rights, I believe nobody is actually "pro-abortion".
Hi. I'm Deathproof. I thought we'd met, but obviously not.
QillerDaemon wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:04 pmIt really would be nice if there were no need for the abortion procedure. That could be accomplished by good and dependable birth control for both parties.
There is no need for the abortion procedure. Because there is plenty of good, effective, dependable, and zero-cost birth control available.
-- Stick to anal.
-- Stick to oral.
-- If you're a woman, only fuck other women.
-- If you're a dude, only fuck other dudes.
-- Don't fuck.

All of those things are 100% effective and cost nothing. You're welcome.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Biker wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:30 pm
Charliesheen wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:27 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... nship.html
Green Day Star Billie Joe Armstrong says 'F*** America' during London concert and claims he's renouncing his citizenship and moving to UK in wake of SCOTUS overruling Roe
They never follow through
Remember when Whoopi Goldberg and all those other dipshit liberals said they were moving out of the United States.

They didn't. Empty "threat". I say "threat" because none of us would've minded.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

Deathproof wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:18 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:04 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:41 am P.S. And no, I don't think they were a constitutional right. That Roe v Wade ruling was always kinda shaky. If folks want it to be legal nationally, they should pass a law. And even that might be unconstitutional (states rights).
As a defender of full abortion rights, I believe nobody is actually "pro-abortion".
Hi. I'm Deathproof. I thought we'd met, but obviously not.
QillerDaemon wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:04 pmIt really would be nice if there were no need for the abortion procedure. That could be accomplished by good and dependable birth control for both parties.
There is no need for the abortion procedure. Because there is plenty of good, effective, dependable, and zero-cost birth control available.
-- Stick to anal.
-- Stick to oral.
-- If you're a woman, only fuck other women.
-- If you're a dude, only fuck other dudes.
-- Don't fuck.

All of those things are 100% effective and cost nothing. You're welcome.
Forgot one. Beware of crazy German chicks that own a turkey baster.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Biker wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:55 pm

Even Ruth Bader Ginsburg, our most activist Justice in decades has stated on the record many times that Roe vs Wade was fatally flawed from the very beginning. Her opinion was it didn't actually grant a woman's right to an abortion but protected physicians that performed them from prosecution.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:55 pm

Even that evil, wrinkled old cunt Ruth Vader Ginsburg, our most activist Justice in decades has stated on the record many times that Roe vs Wade was fatally flawed from the very beginning. Her opinion was it didn't actually grant a woman's right to an abortion but protected physicians that performed them from prosecution.
FTFY
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

I thought "Bans don't work!?!!" at least when it comes to guns.

What bout non-Christian people of faith, where religious teachings are NOT "pro-life". Wouldn't these bans be an infringement upon their religion?

This country was founded on religious freedom, which is conveniently ignored to "oWN tHuh LiBz", right guys?
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Deathproof wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:28 pm

Even that evil, wrinkled old cunt Ruth Vader Ginsburg, our most activist Justice in decades has stated on the record many times that Roe vs Wade was fatally flawed from the very beginning. Her opinion was it didn't actually grant a woman's right to an abortion but protected physicians that performed them from prosecution.
FTFY
Do you often get triggered by dead people?
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

saltydog wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:08 pm
Deathproof wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:28 pm

FTFY
Do you often get triggered by dead people?
I'm not a crybaby liberal, so I don't get triggered. I just call it like it is.
Biker

Post by Biker »

You fucks did it this time. You think you can support Trump and the GOP without any consequence? Think again, motherfuckers. This is on you

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FSchmertz wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:41 am I've always been torn on abortion. I can see the point of people that think it's killing a human, but I also see where it's wrong to force women to have babies.

I guess my position is, I wish there weren't any abortions, but I'm unwilling to make them illegal.

P.S. And no, I don't think they were a constitutional right. That Roe v Wade ruling was always kinda shaky. If folks want it to be legal nationally, they should pass a law. And even that might be unconstitutional (states rights).
if it was only used for the reasons people say they want it (incest, rape, etc) then it wouldn't be a problem. But most of them are used as a last resort form of birth control.

i was okay with them being legal. as long as doctors were making the final decisions, but i have no idea how that worked.
Biker

Post by Biker »

You've earned this shit, boys. Own it!

Biker

Post by Biker »

Michael Moore got into the act as well

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

And the Supreme court continues to do it's business like it has for almost 250 years:
9-0
Nate Raymond
Mon, June 27, 2022, 9:53 AM
By Nate Raymond

(Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday made it harder for prosecutors to win convictions of doctors accused of running "pill mills" and excessively prescribing opioids and other addictive drugs by requiring the government to prove that defendants knew their prescriptions had no legitimate medical purpose.

The 9-0 ruling, authored by liberal Justice Stephen Breyer, sided with Xiulu Ruan and Shakeel Kahn, who argued that their trials were unfair because jurors were not required to consider whether the two convicted doctors had "good faith" reasons to believe the numerous opioid prescriptions were medically valid.

While both doctors were registered under the a U.S. law called the Controlled Substances Act to prescribe such drugs to their patients, prosecutors at their trials argued that the prescriptions fell outside the usual course of professional practice.

Breyer, who is retiring at the end of the court's current term in the coming days, wrote that once the doctors produced evidence that they were authorized to dispense drugs like opioids, prosecutors needed to prove they knowingly or intentionally acted in an unauthorized manner.

5-4
Associated Press
Supreme Court rules for inmates seeking reduced prison terms
Mon, June 27, 2022, 9:26 AM
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court made it easier Monday for certain prison inmates to seek shorter sentences under a bipartisan 2018 federal law aimed at reducing racial disparities in prison terms for cocaine crimes.

The justices ruled 5-4 that trial judges who are asked to resentence inmates may look at a wide range of factors, including some that have nothing to do with crack cocaine offenses that had produced longer stints in prison, disproportionately for people of color.

The high court settled a disagreement among the nation's appellate courts over what judges should do in these cases.

The case before the justices involved Carlos Concepcion, who is serving a 19-year sentence after he pleaded guilty to possessing at least five grams of crack cocaine with an intent to distribute.

But the length of Concepcion's prison term really was determined by previous state court convictions that made him a career offender under federal law.

In 2019, Concepcion asked for a reduced sentence under the First Step Act that President Donald Trump signed into law a year earlier. Concepcion argued that the law made him eligible for a shorter term, but he also pointed to his earlier convictions, one of which had been thrown out and others of which were no longer considered violent crimes under intervening Supreme Court decisions.

Still, the judge refused to consider changes to his sentence.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:22 pm And the Supreme court continues to do it's business like it has for almost 250 years:
9-0
Nate Raymond
Mon, June 27, 2022, 9:53 AM
By Nate Raymond

(Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday made it harder for prosecutors to win convictions of doctors accused of running "pill mills" and excessively prescribing opioids and other addictive drugs by requiring the government to prove that defendants knew their prescriptions had no legitimate medical purpose.

The 9-0 ruling, authored by liberal Justice Stephen Breyer, sided with Xiulu Ruan and Shakeel Kahn, who argued that their trials were unfair because jurors were not required to consider whether the two convicted doctors had "good faith" reasons to believe the numerous opioid prescriptions were medically valid.

While both doctors were registered under the a U.S. law called the Controlled Substances Act to prescribe such drugs to their patients, prosecutors at their trials argued that the prescriptions fell outside the usual course of professional practice.

Breyer, who is retiring at the end of the court's current term in the coming days, wrote that once the doctors produced evidence that they were authorized to dispense drugs like opioids, prosecutors needed to prove they knowingly or intentionally acted in an unauthorized manner.

5-4
Associated Press
Supreme Court rules for inmates seeking reduced prison terms
Mon, June 27, 2022, 9:26 AM
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court made it easier Monday for certain prison inmates to seek shorter sentences under a bipartisan 2018 federal law aimed at reducing racial disparities in prison terms for cocaine crimes.

The justices ruled 5-4 that trial judges who are asked to resentence inmates may look at a wide range of factors, including some that have nothing to do with crack cocaine offenses that had produced longer stints in prison, disproportionately for people of color.

The high court settled a disagreement among the nation's appellate courts over what judges should do in these cases.

The case before the justices involved Carlos Concepcion, who is serving a 19-year sentence after he pleaded guilty to possessing at least five grams of crack cocaine with an intent to distribute.

But the length of Concepcion's prison term really was determined by previous state court convictions that made him a career offender under federal law.

In 2019, Concepcion asked for a reduced sentence under the First Step Act that President Donald Trump signed into law a year earlier. Concepcion argued that the law made him eligible for a shorter term, but he also pointed to his earlier convictions, one of which had been thrown out and others of which were no longer considered violent crimes under intervening Supreme Court decisions.

Still, the judge refused to consider changes to his sentence.
Hard at work at your fake job?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Biker

Post by Biker »

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Biker wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:40 pm Image
:lol:
Perfect.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

One thing I was thinking about today. I remember an interview maybe 4 years ago with former Gov Mike Huckabee. His daughter, Sarah (I think is her name) had been the White House Press Spokesperson for awhile. One day, she was answering a reporter's question about the Trump's Administration's stand on the abortion issue (they showed that- don't even remember what she said). The next day, the white lady on "The View" responded. Don't remember the exact words but it was something like "Dumb Bitch, don't come moralizing around here. I've had 4 abortions and it's my right to have as many as I want" (or something like that). Huckabee stared at the camera and essentially said "So, on the one hand you have a professional woman married to a successful businessman raising 3 beautiful children in a prosperous and loving household and on the other a woman who's never been married who brags on national TV to having multiple abortions. So I ask you. If you were a parent to a young daughter, who would you wish she would grow up to be?"
peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by peterosehaircut »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:07 pm
Biker wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:40 pm Image
:lol:
Perfect.
Come at me bro!
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

This could go in multiple threads:

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Perfect
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Biker wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:18 pm You people did this to her

I think she meant "peaceful" night sleep.