Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!
User avatar
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Posts: 4274
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:42 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Interests: music, tits, literature, cheese and Letterkenny
Occupation: I play guitar for a living

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#51

Post by Deathproof »

FSchmertz wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:26 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:21 pm Rumor is that he's a douchebag but Sebastian Bach had pipes
Eddie Trunk seems to like him. His bandmates in Skid Row, apparently not so much.

P.S. Apparently it's never a wise thing to bad mouth Kiss to Bach. He's a fanatic fan apparently (tons of collectibles according to Trunk), and someone in the band went and did it.
People change. Those guys in Skid Row haven't been in the same room with Baz in the past 26 years.
Funny how the entire cast of Gilmore Girls don't have a problem with him. The people he performed with on Broadway have no problem with him. The cast of Trailer Park Boys have no problem with him. But dudes he hasn't spoken to for over a quarter of a century act like he's the worst person alive.

I know him personally. He's a friend, and I talk to him frequently. And I can tell you, he's cooler than the other side of the pillow. Laid-back, usually, and funny as hell. Sounds more to me like Dave Sabo and Rachel Bolan are allergic to money. Can't wait for their new album, comes out in October and destined to sell dozens of copies.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
User avatar
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Posts: 2929
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:45 pm
Location: SE Cheeseheadistan

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#52

Post by Blast »

I can't believe you fuckers haven't bright this up yet.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
User avatar
Bluespruce1964
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 837
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:04 pm
Location: Oregon
Interests: boating, fishing, dating, travel, music, trivia, crossword puzzles, coffee, reading, photography, swimming, grilling, smoking, building
Occupation: Interloper

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#53

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
User avatar
Hyperv12
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 622
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:03 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#54

Post by Hyperv12 »

disco.moon wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:01 am
Hyperv12 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:59 pm The best duet ever written in this genre in my opinion, sung by the best two singers born to sing it! Even Pavarotti could not out do Bocelli on this one I believe.

Ugh. Post more.
:lol: I thought it would get more of a reaction to be fair. It is a great duet though. I like opera, sorry.
User avatar
CentralTexasCrude
Walking Human Headache
Posts: 5315
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:07 pm
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#55

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Hyperv12 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:31 pm
disco.moon wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:01 am
Hyperv12 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:59 pm The best duet ever written in this genre in my opinion, sung by the best two singers born to sing it! Even Pavarotti could not out do Bocelli on this one I believe.

Ugh. Post more.
:lol: I thought it would get more of a reaction to be fair. It is a great duet though. I like opera, sorry.
Not opera, but are you much of a fan of Josh Groban?
BigChiefin
Forum Irregular
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:46 pm

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#56

Post by BigChiefin »

Deathproof wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:43 am
FSchmertz wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:26 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:21 pm Rumor is that he's a douchebag but Sebastian Bach had pipes
Eddie Trunk seems to like him. His bandmates in Skid Row, apparently not so much.

P.S. Apparently it's never a wise thing to bad mouth Kiss to Bach. He's a fanatic fan apparently (tons of collectibles according to Trunk), and someone in the band went and did it.
People change. Those guys in Skid Row haven't been in the same room with Baz in the past 26 years.
Funny how the entire cast of Gilmore Girls don't have a problem with him. The people he performed with on Broadway have no problem with him. The cast of Trailer Park Boys have no problem with him. But dudes he hasn't spoken to for over a quarter of a century act like he's the worst person alive.

I know him personally. He's a friend, and I talk to him frequently. And I can tell you, he's cooler than the other side of the pillow. Laid-back, usually, and funny as hell. Sounds more to me like Dave Sabo and Rachel Bolan are allergic to money. Can't wait for their new album, comes out in October and destined to sell dozens of copies.
I saw Baz about 5 years ago in a small theater. Incredible show and he still had the pipes. I was amazed that he was still hitting the high notes on all the old Skid Row songs. I happened to meet him a few weeks later on the street in NYC when he was promoting his book. He couldn't have been nicer. Seemed like a guy who appreciated his fans.
User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Posts: 10403
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#57

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
User avatar
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:23 pm

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#58

Post by Burn1dwn »

User avatar
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Posts: 4274
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:42 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Interests: music, tits, literature, cheese and Letterkenny
Occupation: I play guitar for a living

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#59

Post by Deathproof »

"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
User avatar
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker
Posts: 8036
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:49 am

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#60

Post by Charliesheen »

Burn1dwn wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:28 am
Daryl’s House.
Lots of memorable stuff in there.

A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Posts: 10403
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#61

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
User avatar
CentralTexasCrude
Walking Human Headache
Posts: 5315
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:07 pm
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#62

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

User avatar
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:23 pm

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#63

Post by Burn1dwn »

Deathproof wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:38 pm
Good call. Super high on my list too.
User avatar
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:23 pm

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#64

Post by Burn1dwn »

Charliesheen wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:29 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:28 am .
Daryl’s House.
Lots of memorable stuff in there.

.
Daryl's House was great. Hopefully it's re-started since Pandemic is ending.
User avatar
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:23 pm

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#65

Post by Burn1dwn »

User avatar
MalcoveMagnesia
Forum Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:31 am

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#66

Post by MalcoveMagnesia »

This thread needs more Wing and Florence Foster Jenkins
User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Posts: 10403
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#67

Post by Reservoir Dog »

MalcoveMagnesia wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:28 pm This thread needs more Wing and Florence Foster Jenkins
WINNER !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
User avatar
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:23 pm

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#68

Post by Burn1dwn »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:39 pm
MalcoveMagnesia wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:28 pm This thread needs more Wing and Florence Foster Jenkins
WINNER !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
She would make a great Muppet voice actress.
User avatar
disco.moon
Funny Cunt
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:11 pm

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#69

Post by disco.moon »

User avatar
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!
Posts: 3386
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:48 pm

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#70

Post by B-Tender »

[media] [/media]
User avatar
disco.moon
Funny Cunt
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:11 pm

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#71

Post by disco.moon »

agreed on Wicked Game. Such a gorgeous song and his voice is awesome. Sadly they now use that song in a Yogurt ad :|
User avatar
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:23 pm

Re: Greatest Vocal Performance of All Time - Nominations

#72

Post by Burn1dwn »

I know not of rap fans here but this should be on this list.

Post Reply