Michigan car owner sued after Jeep kills mechanic during oil change

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

8-TrackJones
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Re: Michigan car owner sued after Jeep kills mechanic during oil change

Post by 8-TrackJones »

So him not knowing how to drive a stick is the owner's fault? And why the fuck are you not inside the vehicle. What's with the one foot in one foot out? In a manual transmission? And yes if you let go of the clutch with the engine running it will lurch forward. Sounds like operator error.
Klaatu ......Barada .......Ncoughcoughcough.........Necktie.........Nickel.....
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

American ambulance chasing lawyers are the worst.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Jeep qwner could sue the dealer for multiple times what it costs to defend against this suit.

It wouldn;t do for me to be on the jury. Of either case.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:15 am American ambulance chasing lawyers are the worst.
yep. that's exactly the point. That lawyer knows that the owner of the car carries insurance and that insurance covers liability involving the vehicle.

I fucking hate insurance AND lawyers.
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

Femminineo told McClatchy News that the car owner is responsible for Hawkins’ death in the same way that someone who lent another person their vehicle would be liable for any injuries caused by the driver. He said a person who lends their car is liable for negligent acts because they gave the other person permission to use their vehicle.

According to a summary filed in court on March 1, the court has ordered the Rochester Hills Chrysler Jeep Dodge dealership, where the incident occurred, to indemnify Diaz-Navarro if he is found liable of negligence.

“So in reality, the owner is going to be held responsible, but the dealership’s insurance company is paying,” Femminineo told McClatchy News. He said he hopes a verdict in excess of $15 million is awarded.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
MalcoveMagnesia
Forum Irregular

Post by MalcoveMagnesia »

The employer couldn't be sued because Workmans Compensation insurance is supposed to cover screwups between an employer and their employee, although I don't know what happens in the case of the employee being killed due to the bosses negligence.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

rule34 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:20 pm Femminineo told McClatchy News that the car owner is responsible for Hawkins’ death in the same way that someone who lent another person their vehicle would be liable for any injuries caused by the driver. He said a person who lends their car is liable for negligent acts because they gave the other person permission to use their vehicle.

According to a summary filed in court on March 1, the court has ordered the Rochester Hills Chrysler Jeep Dodge dealership, where the incident occurred, to indemnify Diaz-Navarro if he is found liable of negligence.

“So in reality, the owner is going to be held responsible, but the dealership’s insurance company is paying,” Femminineo told McClatchy News. He said he hopes a verdict in excess of $15 million is awarded.
And no one involved has a fucking clue how insurance works
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Geist wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:36 pm
rule34 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:20 pm Femminineo told McClatchy News that the car owner is responsible for Hawkins’ death in the same way that someone who lent another person their vehicle would be liable for any injuries caused by the driver. He said a person who lends their car is liable for negligent acts because they gave the other person permission to use their vehicle.

I tell people all of the time, it doesn't matter how many questions you ask or what you read in your policy, you never really know what your insurance covers or how its paid, until you file a claim. I hate insurance.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

What kind of dealership hires a mechanic unfamiliar with how a manual transmission works? This is not some mom and pop corner grease monkey shop. That's a (supposed) reputable dealer.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:31 pm What kind of dealership hires a mechanic unfamiliar with how a manual transmission works?
And it's a fucking JEEP dealership !!! :eek:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Animal wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:50 pm
Geist wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:36 pm

I tell people all of the time, it doesn't matter how many questions you ask or what you read in your policy, you never really know what your insurance covers or how its paid, until you file a claim. I hate insurance.
It really does come down to what the adjuster ate for breakfast. But once you realize how risk retention and assignment works, everything else falls in line
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

“When you hand your car over to anybody including the valet or the person at the service desk at your local dealership, you better be able to trust that person,” the attorney said.
Think about that next time you turn the keys over to a barely post-pubescent valet.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Charliesheen wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:52 pm
“When you hand your car over to anybody including the valet or the person at the service desk at your local dealership, you better be able to trust that person,” the attorney said.
Think about that next time you turn the keys over to a barely post-pubescent valet.
And pay him $20 for the privilege.
Hydroseismic
Fish fear me, trannys love me.
Interests: Women with drinking problems/daddy issues.

Post by Hydroseismic »

Animal wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:15 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:15 am American ambulance chasing lawyers are the worst.
yep. that's exactly the point. That lawyer knows that the owner of the car carries insurance and that insurance covers liability involving the vehicle.

I hate them too, I live for the day I can screw over a lawyer
Faith is simple medicine for desperate souls.
Hydroseismic
Fish fear me, trannys love me.
Interests: Women with drinking problems/daddy issues.

Post by Hydroseismic »

Animal wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:15 pm

I hate them too, I live for the day I can screw over a lawyer
Faith is simple medicine for desperate souls.
8-TrackJones
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by 8-TrackJones »

Update. Case settled...

Klaatu ......Barada .......Ncoughcoughcough.........Necktie.........Nickel.....