TV Spinoffs

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Re: TV Spinoffs

Post by QillerDaemon »

Geist wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:20 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:40 am
Geist wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:19 am
QillerDaemon wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:08 am I'm a huge ST:DSN and ST:Voyager once their writers got into stride with the story arcs. They ended as great shows.
If we're going that route, TNG was great too
What kind of geek code are you guys talking?
Star Trek serieses. Before Patrick Stewart had too much creative control and ruined his character in Picard
I haven't watched any of the new ST series since ST:Enterprise went off the air. And the new series of shows are on Discovery+, a paid service, and basically I have neither the time nor the money to waste on that. ST:Enterprise had a really good premise, which the writers quickly enough ruined, so I've been put off watching the other spin-offs since. But I prefer the Star Trek world over the Star Wars any time.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

nerd_alert wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:58 am
Animal wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:10 pm Obviously, there is only one correct answer to this. Green Acres.

Did Ralph an d Alph ever finish that closet project? OMG! Stop it!
They did not.

I remembered watching it as a kid, recently recorded it off MeTV and watched all the seasons. It was so silly, lol! I constantly wanted to punch Haney in his pie hole. What an ass-hat.
The best character on the show was Hank Kimball.

FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Animal wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:10 pm Obviously, there is only one correct answer to this. Green Acres.

Hmm, initially I disputed this in that it was in the same "universe" as Pettycoat Junction and The Beverly HIllbillies, but not really a spinoff of them aka it was actually a "sister show."

But then I looked further and found it was based on an old radio program called "Granby's Green Acres", and further, that radio program originated on another radio program starring Lucille Ball called "My Favorite Husband."
Last edited by FSchmertz on Fri May 20, 2022 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

QillerDaemon wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:08 am I'm a huge ST:DSN and ST:Voyager once their writers got into stride with the story arcs. They ended as great shows.
Star Trek serieses. Before Patrick Stewart had too much creative control and ruined his character in Picard
Isn't it "cute" that the youngster doesn't know this crap?

P.S. I bet he doesn't even know what TOS means!
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FSchmertz wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:23 pm

Hmm, initially I disputed this in that it was in the same "universe" as Pettycoat Junction and The Beverly HIllbillies, but not really a spinoff of them aka it was actually a "sister show."

But then I looked further and found it was based on an old radio program called "Granby's Green Acres", and further, that radio program originated on another radio program starring Lucille Ball called "My Favorite Husband."
i'm not so sure i would put "universe" in quotes. Sam Drucker's store was a big part of Green Acres and that's the same store that is a big part of Petticoat Junction. And both shows are around the same town of Hooterville.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Animal wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:44 pm

i'm not so sure i would put "universe" in quotes. Sam Drucker's store was a big part of Green Acres and that's the same store that is a big part of Petticoat Junction. And both shows are around the same town of Hooterville.
And apparently The Beverly Hillbillies were also in that TV world.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FSchmertz wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:42 pm
Animal wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:44 pm

And apparently The Beverly Hillbillies were also in that TV world.
yep. I can't remember the connection. I think Jed was kin to Kate Bradley. Which is weird, because the lady that played Kate Bradley, also played Jethro Bodine's mom on the Beverly Hillbillies. I think all of those shows were written by Schwartz (sp?).
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

I'm suddenly feeling young around here.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster
Interests: boating, fishing, dating, travel, music, trivia, crossword puzzles, coffee, reading, photography, swimming, grilling, smoking, building

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Animal wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:19 pm

They did not.

I remembered watching it as a kid, recently recorded it off MeTV and watched all the seasons. It was so silly, lol! I constantly wanted to punch Haney in his pie hole. What an ass-hat.

Hank Kimball was awesome.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Animal wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:19 pm

They did not.

Didn't Arnold The Pig get the most fan mail/ At lest for a while?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

B-Tender wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:06 pm I'm suddenly feeling young around here.
Yeah, you youngn's wouldn't believe the quality Television they used to put out. Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, Lost in Space, Flying Nun, That Girl, Gilligan's Island. Holy shit, what a load of crap. Never mind.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Stargate Atlantis was on par with SG1. Universe got canceled too early, but i get it since season 1 was forgettable
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

QillerDaemon wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:17 pm
I haven't watched any of the new ST series since ST:Enterprise went off the air. And the new series of shows are on Discovery+, a paid service, and basically I have neither the time nor the money to waste on that. ST:Enterprise had a really good premise, which the writers quickly enough ruined, so I've been put off watching the other spin-offs since. But I prefer the Star Trek world over the Star Wars any time.
I've always thought Voyager was probably the best ST. The whole premise of being shot into the Delta Quadrant 100,000 lights years away (or something) and looking at 30 years Min to get home.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:02 am
I've always thought Voyager was probably the best ST. The whole premise of being shot into the Delta Quadrant 100,000 lights years away (or something) and looking at 30 years Min to get home.
That and i bet Kate Mulgrew likes to be on top
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Geist wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:41 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:02 am

That and i bet Kate Mulgrew likes to be on top
All those years getting home, her and Seven had to hook up in some hot Lesbo action.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

DM in 5*4*3*2 "I'm outraged at this kind of talk in the TV spinoff thread".