Let’s Eliminate All the States

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Let’s Eliminate All the States

Post by Charliesheen »

No need for any differences between them.

A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Let’s Eliminate All the States

Post by Animal »

clearly our civics teachers are doing a terrible job.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Its long been a leftist desire to eliminate the states.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Biker wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:19 pm Its long been a leftist desire to eliminate the states.
Troof.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Couldn't possibly work.

Imagine NH residents actually having to pay taxes for the rest of the country?
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

abortion is the perfect example. anyone can live in the US. If you want to have abortion rights, pick a state that has them. Otherwise, there are other choices.

Its democracy a la carte.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:13 pm
Biker wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:19 pm Its long been a leftist desire to eliminate the states.
Troof.
Fucking commies...

The Venture Capitalist Who Tried to Break Up California Now Wants to Break Up Unions
https://newrepublic.com/article/164496/ ... ot-measure
JackCoughsALot
the "edgy" one

Post by JackCoughsALot »

first off, get it out of your head that you have a right to abortion. you don't. know the difference between something being legal and something being a right. states decide how it is regulated.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Burn1dwn wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:56 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:13 pm
Troof.
Fucking commies...

The Venture Capitalist Who Tried to Break Up California Now Wants to Break Up Unions
https://newrepublic.com/article/164496/ ... ot-measure
Not all unions. Public sector unions. No need for me to post again. Unfunded pension debt is nearly beyond hope in California. While hair gel screeches about the marvels of his “surplus”.

Didja hear the one about congressional staffers forming their own union? Must be terrible licking the windows, watching your boss get fat and rich working K street. And all you get is scraps.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Charliesheen wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:28 pm
Not all unions. Public sector unions.
Except for police unions, of course. And firefighter unions, cuz who can hate on a fireman? But definitely any other kind of public sector union, like the teachers' unions. Those are bad. Cop unions are good.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Animal wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:26 pm abortion is the perfect example. anyone can live in the US. If you want to have abortion rights, pick a state that has them. Otherwise, there are other choices.

Until McConnell announces that a federal abortion ban is possible if the Republicans get both houses back and can override a Biden veto. The leaked memo says the Constitution actually does not protect national abortion rights, and implies the rights should return to the states. Most states are already geared to outlaw abortion rights. But some won't. But those states will have their right to protect abortion rights taken away from them. Let's not forget that some anti-abortion legislation includes going after women who leave the state for the procedure in states where it'd still be legal. Party of "freedom", huh...

I note again that most of you (all of you except for Chuckles?) have shown no particular opinion against abortion rights, even agreed with it in regards to certain populations. Why is this issue just -so- important to you, if it really doesn't matter that much (if at all) for you? I have to wonder, is there something deeper beyond abortion rights that you have to claw it back? Maybe to proceed to other rights you disagree with, even when they don't have any impact on your life?
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:16 pm
Animal wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:26 pm abortion is the perfect example. anyone can live in the US. If you want to have abortion rights, pick a state that has them. Otherwise, there are other choices.

Until McConnell announces that a federal abortion ban is possible if the Republicans get both houses back and can override a Biden veto. The leaked memo says the Constitution actually does not protect national abortion rights, and implies the rights should return to the states. Most states are already geared to outlaw abortion rights. But some won't. But those states will have their right to protect abortion rights taken away from them. Let's not forget that some anti-abortion legislation includes going after women who leave the state for the procedure in states where it'd still be legal. Party of "freedom", huh...

I note again that most of you (all of you except for Chuckles?) have shown no particular opinion against abortion rights, even agreed with it in regards to certain populations. Why is this issue just -so- important to you, if it really doesn't matter that much (if at all) for you? I have to wonder, is there something deeper beyond abortion rights that you have to claw it back? Maybe to proceed to other rights you disagree with, even when they don't have any impact on your life?
I lean pro choice. I think the Rs will probably overreach if they get control which is what parties in power do. Even though I'm not 100% on board with this issue it's not even remotely close enough to ever make me think about voting for Dem craziness. I think lots of folks feel like that. I'm not a single issue voter like you might want everyone to be.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

First trimester equals a minimum of 2 missed periods. I would hope there’d e some intellectual curiosity after a busted condom and a no Flo after that.

I’m glad there are doctors willing to do the wet work for the first 3 months. After that, there should be a board that limits slicing and dicing of unborn children to only those situations that involve non-viability like a serious congenital problem. After that I just can’t be expected to pay for the carnage.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:16 pm

you are speculating on "what if's". McConnell might have said that, but politicians say shit all of the time. The proof lies in what they actually do. I would not support a national ban on abortion rights. Cooler heads will prevail on that issue and this will become something that is okay in some places and not okay in others. like smoking the mary jane.