183 House Republicans just voted against resuming food safety inspection

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

183 House Republicans just voted against resuming food safety inspection

Post by CaptQuint »

H.R. 265 would have provided funding for agriculture, rural development, food stamps, and the Food and Drug Administration

President Donald Trump’s shutdown is days from breaking the record for the longest in U.S. history, and its harmful impacts are already being felt by millions of Americans. One of the consequences of the partial shutdown is that the Food and Drug Administration has stopped doing most of its food safety inspections — just weeks after a major E. coli outbreak hit the nation’s romaine lettuce supply.

To address this crisis, the House of Representatives passed a bill on Thursday that would reopen the small portions of the government that are responsible for agriculture, food safety, and rural development. The legislation, H.R. 265, was approved by a 243 to 183 vote. But just 10 Republicans joined the Democratic majority in support of the bill, while the remaining 183 Republicans voted against it.

The GOP lawmakers who voted with Democrats in favor of H.R. 265 included Reps. Rodney Davis (R-IL), Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA), Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-WA), Will Hurd (R-TX), John Katko (R-NY), Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), Chris Smith (R-NJ), Elise Stefanik (R-NY), Fred Upton (R-MI), and Greg Walden (R-OR).

H.R. 265 would provide funding for the rest of the year for the Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and is almost identical to a what was included in a bipartisan spending bill that passed the senate 92 to 6 last August but never became law.

Rep. Robert Aderholt (R-AL) led the opposition to the $23 billion bill on the floor, objecting to accepting the Senate’s version — noting that it did not reflect all of last year’s House Republican then-majority’s priorities, left out provisions relating to importing chicken from China, did not fully fund a rural broadband program, and did not address Trump’s demand for billions of dollars in funding for a border wall.

Foreign food inspection continues, but the FDA’s domestic food inspection has effectively ceased due to the Trump shutdown. Roughly 7,000 of the agency’s 17,000 employees are currently furloughed and others are working without pay.

“It’s not business as usual, and we are not doing all the things we would do under normal circumstances. There are important things we are not doing,” FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb told NBC News on Wednesday.

Minutes earlier, 12 Republicans had joined with all 232 Democrats present to pass H.R. 267, a bill to reopen the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the Department of Transportation, and related agencies. The dozen House defections were the most yet against Trump and the GOP leadership, though the president has repeatedly claimed that his party is unified around his shutdown strategy.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
There is GREAT unity with the Republicans in the House and Senate, despite the Fake News Media working in overdrive to make the story look otherwise. The Opposition Party & the Dems know we must have Strong Border Security, but don’t want to give “Trump” another one of many wins!

Though Congress could override any presidential veto with a two-thirds vote in the House and Senate, for the moment, both bills appear unlikely to go anywhere. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) blocked a unanimous consent request on Thursday to pass a different House-approved bill to reopen part of the federal government, dismissing it as “an absolutely pointless show vote.”

https://thinkprogress.org/183-house-rep ... 969ec4e6b/
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Re: 183 House Republicans just voted against resuming food safety inspection

Post by Charliesheen »

I for one am outraged. My life has been thrown into turmoil over HUD not being funded.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

Weekend is here, and I don't have enough foodstamps to get lobster and purple drank!
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

YAY! food poisoning for all!
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

I could stand to lose a few lbs. The last time I had food poisoning, it saved me a couple weeks at the gym. Trump wins again!
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

PimpDaddy wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:04 pm I could stand to lose a few lbs. The last time I had food poisoning, it saved me a couple weeks at the gym. Trump wins again!
Yeah, poor people can just use Trump's awesome new healthcare plan

https://www.cnn.com/2017/06/28/politics ... index.html

Oh wait :fever:
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

captquint wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:10 pm
PimpDaddy wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:04 pm I could stand to lose a few lbs. The last time I had food poisoning, it saved me a couple weeks at the gym. Trump wins again!
Yeah, poor people can just use Trump's awesome new healthcare plan

https://www.cnn.com/2017/06/28/politics ... index.html

Oh wait :fever:
I know, right? Dam Dems won't get out of his way, so he can MAGA!
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

7 years of obstruction for Obama reap what you sow
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Anybody else notice a marked drop in spam email since the shutdown? Just checked my spam folder only 2.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Antknot wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:25 am Anybody else notice a marked drop in spam email since the shutdown? Just checked my spam folder only 2.
Don't get a lot email spam, but get an awful amount of phone calls about my "vehicle warranty"
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

captquint wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:40 pm
Antknot wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:25 am Anybody else notice a marked drop in spam email since the shutdown? Just checked my spam folder only 2.
Don't get a lot email spam, but get an awful amount of phone calls about my "vehicle warranty"
Just wait till you near Medicare age. If you don't have a fireplace you are missing a source of free heat from all the mailings.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Antknot wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:29 pm
Just wait till you near Medicare age. If you don't have a fireplace you are missing a source of free heat from all the mailings.
Between the credit card offerings, chevy dealer mailings from 4 different dealers and auto insurance offers I have plenty
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Then your filter is working well. Lucky you.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.