Let's make a New Gun Law

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Re: Let's make a New Gun Law

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:47 am obviously you don't care about poor black kids. duh.
Obviously you don't visit the what are you listening to thread. I love rap.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Animal wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:10 am
necronomous wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:04 pm
And no need to tell me you didn't care, or I never mattered, or because I'm too stupid, or what have you. You've already proved you're ignorant, no need to double down.
you have to admit, when a thread is started about a particular event and a single issue, and then you split off into every conceivable issue you can think of and start throwing around buzzwords you read on facebook, like virtue signaling, goalposts, strawmen, and such, then you are pretty stupid. am i right?
I don't read Facebook. You moved the goalposts. You used a strawman(several in fact) and you are clearly virtue signaling.
If you disagree with me, fine. I don't even care if you think im stupid because you don't get what I am saying. That's fine. But the suicide thing is fucked. For you at least.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

necronomous wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:33 am
And no need to tell me you didn't care, or I never mattered, or because I'm too stupid, or what have you. You've already proved you're ignorant, no need to double down.
you have to admit, when a thread is started about a particular event and a single issue, and then you split off into every conceivable issue you can think of and start throwing around buzzwords you read on facebook, like virtue signaling, goalposts, strawmen, and such, then you are pretty stupid. am i right?
I don't read Facebook. You moved the goalposts. You used a strawman(several in fact) and you are clearly virtue signaling.
If you disagree with me, fine. I don't even care if you think im stupid because you don't get what I am saying. That's fine. But the suicide thing is fucked. For you at least.
wow, if you are that sensitive, i wouldn't think you would have leaped to calling me a racist because I was trying to stop the murder of kids in school. i'm still not sure how you got to that goalpost that was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over there.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Burn1dwn wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:39 am Do you two need to be put in the corner for time-outs?

So anyways....Necro, you are against waiting periods (or longer background checks) for AR-15s but not handguns? Or against the waiting periods all together?

As a champion of mental health, would the tangible evidence that waiting periods help lower suicide rates come into your line of thinking? Or is any infringement on your right to bear arms wrong in your opinion.

I can't imagine you believe uzis should be legal?
I think if we actually use them (as it appears here they were not) AND we implement a mental health reform then I am ok with it. But I think that time should be limited.

I think time limits may help with suicides, but only temporarily in most cases. If the person isn't treated, they will try or want to try again.

Uzis are fine. It's not the gun, it's the idiot holding it. There are legal handguns that can shoot like an uzi. I'm fine with those too. We act like if we let most people have a rocket launcher they are going to go around just blowing up people's houses or something. It's ridiculous.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Animal wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:37 am
necronomous wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:33 am
wow, if you are that sensitive, i wouldn't think you would have leaped to calling me a racist because I was trying to stop the murder of kids in school. i'm still not sure how you got to that goalpost that was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over there.
I'm not sensitive to it. I don't care that you said it in the sense I'm crying or anything. I just think it's a fucked up thing to say. But that's not the problem. Like I said, I thought there was a mutual respect. And that just hit wrong on that.

That was my counter strawman to your strawman. I don't think you're a racist.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

for the record, there are no legal over the counter handguns that can come even remotely close to the speed of firing rounds that an uzi can.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Animal wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:48 am for the record, there are no legal over the counter handguns that can come even remotely close to the speed of firing rounds that an uzi can.
I said legal meaning legally modified.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

necronomous wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:11 am
Animal wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:48 am for the record, there are no legal over the counter handguns that can come even remotely close to the speed of firing rounds that an uzi can.
Well, you are going to have to explain to the class what legal ways there are to legally modify a handgun to shoot 600 rounds a minute.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Animal wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:23 pm
Well, you are going to have to explain to the class what legal ways there are to legally modify a handgun to shoot 600 rounds a minute.
I don't make them, ask them

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

necronomous wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:09 pm

so when you say you can "legally modify" the handgun, you mean you can modify it and then register it as a dangerous weapon the same as an uzi. that's a bit of a misrepresentation.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

In the military we would take an FNC1, which is semi-automatic, and put a paper match in the safety seer and it would become fully automatic. 8-)
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Animal wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:04 pm
necronomous wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:09 pm

so when you say you can "legally modify" the handgun, you mean you can modify it and then register it as a dangerous weapon the same as an uzi. that's a bit of a misrepresentation.
How? Is it legal? Then that's all I stated. As in I'm ok with an uzi because there are handguns like uzis. And I'm ok with that too.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

necronomous wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:44 pmI'm ok with an uzi because there are handguns like uzis. And I'm ok with that too.
I assume you saw where the guy in Tulsa, walked into a gun store, bought an AR-15 and within an hour was using it to murder "anyone that got in his way"? I suppose you think that you have a mental health plan that would have prevented that.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

stonedmegman wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:23 pm In the military we would take an FNC1, which is semi-automatic, and put a paper match in the safety seer and it would become fully automatic. 8-)
It's hard to believe that the manufacturer didn't design that cheat code into the weapon. Right?
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:00 pm
necronomous wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:44 pmI'm ok with an uzi because there are handguns like uzis. And I'm ok with that too.
I assume you saw where the guy in Tulsa, walked into a gun store, bought an AR-15 and within an hour was using it to murder "anyone that got in his way"? I suppose you think that you have a mental health plan that would have prevented that.
That is why this is such a frustrating issue for the 7 out 8 Americans that don't own guns. Necro seems like a pretty middle of the road kind of guy overall. Social liberal and Fiscal Conservative type. He wants to combat the mental health care epidemic in the US and to help curb lone shooters. Not a bad idea if it was in concert with other types of strategies.

But he won't even agree to things that help stop suicide the mother of all mental health problems. It's almost like arguing abortion with a religious fanatic. The argument is over before the debate starts.

At least with the Abortion issue they are admittedly follow religious dogma that tells them how to think. Opponents to gun regulation decide this shit on their own because they interpret the Constitution differently than the Courts, the latter of which clearly gives the Legislative branch the power to set limits and restrictions on the 2A.

It is seriously bizarre.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

As much as anything else would. If he were getting proper treatment, would he want to do that? I mean with your plan he maybe couldn't have gotten that gun, but another just like it just not as scary or even a hand gun and done the same. Or purchased illegally like most shooters do. So yours would have worked about as much as mine.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Burn1dwn wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:35 pm
That is why this is such a frustrating issue for the 7 out 8 Americans that don't own guns. Necro seems like a pretty middle of the road kind of guy overall. Social liberal and Fiscal Conservative type. He wants to combat the mental health care epidemic in the US and to help curb lone shooters. Not a bad idea if it was in concert with other types of strategies.

But he won't even agree to things that help stop suicide the mother of all mental health problems. It's almost like arguing abortion with a religious fanatic. The argument is over before the debate starts.

At least with the Abortion issue they are admittedly follow religious dogma that tells them how to think. Opponents to gun regulation decide this shit on their own because they interpret the Constitution differently than the Courts, the latter of which clearly gives the Legislative branch the power to set limits and restrictions on the 2A.

It is seriously bizarre.
Where didn't I agree with things that won't stop suicide? A better mental health plan would certainly do that. And I said I was fine with a waiting period as long as it's reasonable.
I also don't want to see the mental health aspect abused and people can just claim people are nuts without merit and just start freezing people's rights to guns. Or taking the ones they have away.

As for the abortion issue, I'm pro choice, but with limits. But that's a different thread.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Burn1dwn wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:35 pm

Shall not be infringed is a pretty clear statement.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

necronomous wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:55 pm
As much as anything else would. If he were getting proper treatment, would he want to do that? I mean with your plan he maybe couldn't have gotten that gun, but another just like it just not as scary or even a hand gun and done the same. Or purchased illegally like most shooters do. So yours would have worked about as much as mine.
wow. your delusions have no bounds. my plan would specifically have stopped this. Since he couldn't have walked out of the store with the gun. That's not a guess on my part or some what if scenario, it is a known fact. If you had to wait 30 days or 60 days or some other period of time, you can't buy the gun and then go kill people in the same hour. He might have also not had the spare couple of thousand that I recommend for the cost to buy one. You say you don't have it, so maybe he wouldn't either. The point is that I am not guessing whether my plan would have worked, it specifically would have worked.

Now could he have gone and gotten a gun on the black market or some other illegal means? Sure, that option is always going to be there. But don't think that method of doing things is on the same level as going into a store and doing it legally. There are some people that get a bit uncircumcized meeting arms dealers in back alleys to purchase illegal weapons.

So, just admit it. Your mental health plan is a ruse to kick the can down the road and do nothing so you can protect the rights you feel you are entitled to enjoy and watch be misused in whatever method people choose to misuse them. Meanwhile, I can do some more virtue signaling before they get these bodies in the ground and work on my white guilt by denouncing the murder of a black doctor.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Animal wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:26 pm
necronomous wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:55 pm
wow. your delusions have no bounds. my plan would specifically have stopped this. Since he couldn't have walked out of the store with the gun. That's not a guess on my part or some what if scenario, it is a known fact. If you had to wait 30 days or 60 days or some other period of time, you can't buy the gun and then go kill people in the same hour. He might have also not had the spare couple of thousand that I recommend for the cost to buy one. You say you don't have it, so maybe he wouldn't either. The point is that I am not guessing whether my plan would have worked, it specifically would have worked.

Now could he have gone and gotten a gun on the black market or some other illegal means? Sure, that option is always going to be there. But don't think that method of doing things is on the same level as going into a store and doing it legally. There are some people that get a bit uncircumcized meeting arms dealers in back alleys to purchase illegal weapons.

So, just admit it. Your mental health plan is a ruse to kick the can down the road and do nothing so you can protect the rights you feel you are entitled to enjoy and watch be misused in whatever method people choose to misuse them. Meanwhile, I can do some more virtue signaling before they get these bodies in the ground and work on my white guilt by denouncing the murder of a black doctor.
1st you added the waiting period, but even still your tax was only on ar15. A regular handgun would still do what the guy did in Tulsa or at the school. And if they really wanted to do it, like the school shooter would make no difference to wait. Dude had already been planning for some time.

Gangs get illegal weapons all the time. And do most of the shooting. So yeah.

As for the mental health aspect, that is not what I want. I want them to implement it. I don't want them to kick the can, that's what the fuck keeps happening and it is fucking tragic. What politicians do and what I want are two different things. Especially on this matter.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

necronomous wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:07 pm 1st you added the waiting period, but even still your tax was only on ar15. A regular handgun would still do what the guy did in Tulsa or at the school. And if they really wanted to do it, like the school shooter would make no difference to wait. Dude had already been planning for some time.

As for the mental health aspect, that is not what I want. I want them to implement it. I don't want them to kick the can, that's what the fuck keeps happening and it is fucking tragic. What politicians do and what I want are two different things. Especially on this matter.
1st of all, no i did not add in the waiting period. That's been in there since i first posted it. Second, my entire point with this is about the AR-15, because that's the gun these fruitloops are choosing to use. I know that I could use many other weapons to do what they do, but I haven't ever gone on a killing rampage other than for hogs. And I know in that scenario the last thing I would use is a handgun and the first choice would be an AR. The only reason the Tulsa guy had a pistol was to do the suicide part. Most people can't hit a dumpster at more than about 30 feet.

Long guns are much easier to aim because you hold them out and use 2 hands and you have a long ass barrel to look down for reference. But most rifles have a scope which makes them impossible to shoot at close range without holding them sideways or upside down. Honestly I am just looking for the single common denominator in most of these shootings and going from there. And I know you are wetting your pants to cry out that mental health is the single common denominator, but we have already established that is not a viable approach in the short term. and it may not be a viable approach in the long term since its such an invasion of people's personal medical information.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Animal wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:56 pm
necronomous wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:07 pm 1st you added the waiting period, but even still your tax was only on ar15. A regular handgun would still do what the guy did in Tulsa or at the school. And if they really wanted to do it, like the school shooter would make no difference to wait. Dude had already been planning for some time.

1st of all, no i did not add in the waiting period. That's been in there since i first posted it. Second, my entire point with this is about the AR-15, because that's the gun these fruitloops are choosing to use. I know that I could use many other weapons to do what they do, but I haven't ever gone on a killing rampage other than for hogs. And I know in that scenario the last thing I would use is a handgun and the first choice would be an AR. The only reason the Tulsa guy had a pistol was to do the suicide part. Most people can't hit a dumpster at more than about 30 feet.

Long guns are much easier to aim because you hold them out and use 2 hands and you have a long ass barrel to look down for reference. But most rifles have a scope which makes them impossible to shoot at close range without holding them sideways or upside down. Honestly I am just looking for the single common denominator in most of these shootings and going from there. And I know you are wetting your pants to cry out that mental health is the single common denominator, but we have already established that is not a viable approach in the short term. and it may not be a viable approach in the long term since its such an invasion of people's personal medical information.
And neither is your plan. I get what you're doing. I get why you're doing it. But it won't work.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

If you have a drill press and a 3D printer you can. Nothing against it, able people prevail regardless.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Geist wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:56 pm
If you have a drill press and a 3D printer you can. Nothing against it, able people prevail regardless.
:roll:
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

Did you guys put those new doors in yet? :lol: :lol: :lol: