A message from the Permian Basin (Tx) oil producers

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

A message from the Permian Basin (Tx) oil producers

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Sorry about the gas prices. We got killed 2 years ago by the joke covid scare and now dealing with the most inept President in history. Thinking of canceling your Summer plans? Plan for later. We (free enterprise) have this. Massive people and funds are rushing in daily. The 3 pipelines laid down over the last few years at over $3 Billion are gearing up for their full 3 million barrels delivered every day to the refineries on the Gulf Coast. Expect a massive reduction in gas prices within 60 days. Enjoy your late Summer plans. Remember it's free enterprise to the rescue, not your government.
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Re: A message from the Permian Basin (Tx) oil producers

Post by rule34 »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:36 am Sorry about the gas prices. We got killed 2 years ago by the joke covid scare and now dealing with the most inept President in history. Thinking of canceling your Summer plans? Plan for later. We (free enterprise) have this. Massive people and funds are rushing in daily. The 3 pipelines laid down over the last few years at over $3 Billion are gearing up for their full 3 million barrels delivered every day to the refineries on the Gulf Coast. Expect a massive reduction in gas prices within 60 days. Enjoy your late Summer plans. Remember it's free enterprise to the rescue, not your government.
Duly quoted.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

I guarantee it. Barring something unforseen. No way to predict that.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:07 am I guarantee it. Barring something unforseen. No way to predict that.
You couldn't guarantee the shits from a box of Exlax. :lol:
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

The US uses about 20 million barrels of oil per day right now. The prediction is that these pipelines, going back to full production (actually 80%), can get Permian output up to 5.7 million barrels per day instead of 4.3 million barrels a day (60%) that they were at. So it should increase the amount of oil going to the refineries by about 1.5 million barrels per day. I would say that's pretty significant.

Those permian guys are a little gun shy about investing the kind of cash it takes to start these engines back up. They just had to shut them down a few years ago and most lost their asses. And with an "anti-petroleum" administration running things, they are reluctant to get in too deep knowing that he will shut them down again once this shortage of oil comes to an end.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

stonedmegman wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:18 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:07 am I guarantee it. Barring something unforseen. No way to predict that.
You couldn't guarantee the shits from a box of Exlax. :lol:
I can pretty much guarantee we aren't sending any our surplus to Canada. Choke on Trudeau's rainbow wind/solar dreams.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:37 pm The US uses about 20 million barrels of oil per day right now. The prediction is that these pipelines, going back to full production (actually 80%), can get Permian output up to 5.7 million barrels per day instead of 4.3 million barrels a day (60%) that they were at. So it should increase the amount of oil going to the refineries by about 1.5 million barrels per day. I would say that's pretty significant.

Those permian guys are a little gun shy about investing the kind of cash it takes to start these engines back up. They just had to shut them down a few years ago and most lost their asses. And with an "anti-petroleum" administration running things, they are reluctant to get in too deep knowing that he will shut them down again once this shortage of oil comes to an end.
Yeah, those are good points. I'm not seeing a 60 day reduction down to drastic gas price free fall. Just a steady drop. No matter their corporate plans from year/year and being burned so many times in the past, no way they can ignore near record breaking oil prices. It's Boom time around here. I wanted to see it one more time.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:11 am I can pretty much guarantee we aren't sending any our surplus to Canada.
Wrong. (as usual)
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by peterosehaircut »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:24 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:11 am I can pretty much guarantee we aren't sending any our surplus to Canada.
Wrong. (as usual)
Well technically he's right, he said surplus oil and we don't have any of that right now.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Wrong. (as usual)
j
Yeah. Go dig your shale with bulldozers the Canadian way. FYI- Canada has one of the largest petroleum reserves on Earth. The problem is a lot of it is in environment sensitive areas.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

And Canadian options on shipping it overseas from their W Coast is a total nightmare of Exxon Valdez proportions.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

peterosehaircut wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:27 am
Wrong. (as usual)
Well technically he's right, he said surplus oil and we don't have any of that right now.
Good point.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:32 am And Canadian options on shipping it overseas from their W Coast is a total nightmare of Exxon Valdez proportions.
You are a complete blithering idiot.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:18 am
Animal wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:37 pm The US uses about 20 million barrels of oil per day right now. The prediction is that these pipelines, going back to full production (actually 80%), can get Permian output up to 5.7 million barrels per day instead of 4.3 million barrels a day (60%) that they were at. So it should increase the amount of oil going to the refineries by about 1.5 million barrels per day. I would say that's pretty significant.

Yeah, those are good points. I'm not seeing a 60 day reduction down to drastic gas price free fall. Just a steady drop. No matter their corporate plans from year/year and being burned so many times in the past, no way they can ignore near record breaking oil prices. It's Boom time around here. I wanted to see it one more time.
the difference this time is that there are usually lots of years between the boom ----> bust in the permian fields. Its only been a couple of years this time. They have never had to rally the kind of cash it takes to start it all back up this quickly after people got burned on the last one. I know they will do it, but not as quickly as they typically do.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:34 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:32 am And Canadian options on shipping it overseas from their W Coast is a total nightmare of Exxon Valdez proportions.
Sorry that Canadian oil field job didn't work.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:36 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:18 am

the difference this time is that there are usually lots of years between the boom ----> bust in the permian fields. Its only been a couple of years this time. They have never had to rally the kind of cash it takes to start it all back up this quickly after people got burned on the last one. I know they will do it, but not as quickly as they typically do.
Yes sir that is totally correct. There is no on/off valve for someone to activate to solve the problem. It doesn't work that way.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:37 am
Good dodge, dipshit.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:43 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:37 am
Good dodge, dipshit.
Any way, getting through the retard noise, my point on this thread was that help is on the way. Just in case some UJR's in early Summer decided to cancel a major Summer trip due to gas prices, I'm just suggesting check again in 60 days and see if the trip may not be possible economic wise in late Summer. Maybe?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

its strange karma that oil prices are what is burning biden's ass so quickly into his "new green deal" economy. :lol:

and its going to be up to the shale fracking guys to bale his dumb ass out.

Edit: sorry, those comments were in the wrong forum. don't read.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:55 am its strange karma that oil prices are what is burning biden's ass so quickly into his "new green deal" economy. :lol:

and its going to be up to the shale fracking guys to bale his dumb ass out.
Same exact thing happened under Obama. I'll never forget his last State of the Union address to Congress when he said (paraphrasing of course) "Under my Administration, the US has become the largest oil producer on Earth". The cameras had to pan away there were so many Congress persons rolling in the aisles laughing.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

I think HydroS and myself are the only UJR's working in the oil business (I could be wrong). He works in exploration, I work in Production. It's a huge industry from drilling plans to somebody delivering it to gas stations. You (as a government) can dictate energy policy all you want until you turn blue in the face. Free enterprise dictates how things really work.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

I saw something yesterday that looked pretty odd that I've never seen before. I thought it was "beautiful" but I know not for everyone. There is a highway out here I travel during work. There is a something like a 800 foot mesa on the north side. Due to a total scheduling fluke, there were 3 rigs lined up like a straight line. One on top of the mesa, 1 halfway down and one at the bottom. Probably 400 yard distance between all 3. Total crews visible on each going full blast. A lot of families being supported right there before your eyes.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Way too early to say if my prediction is coming true, but I just filled up to head back to work in W Texas this week and the price has dropped 30 cents/gallon in the last week- same store location. Of course, at these prices a huge reduction in demand has to be factored in and people cut out all unnecessary driving. Hopefully the peak may be passing.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

A barrel of crude today was $110. In 2014 it was $120.

So why is gas roughly $2/gal more than then? Explain.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:11 pm Way too early to say if my prediction is coming true, but I just filled up to head back to work in W Texas this week and the price has dropped 30 cents/gallon in the last week- same store location. Of course, at these prices a huge reduction in demand has to be factored in and people cut out all unnecessary driving. Hopefully the peak may be passing.
gas around me has not dropped 30 cents in the past week. It has not dropped 3 cents. I just filled up today and hit $130 on my pickup. Diesel prices at my office have not dropped any, they are going up every time i get a new invoice. I think that red diesel is around $4.70/gallon or maybe a bit over that right now.