Spending the night in Binghamton,NY

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!
HowieTheHat
Forum Regular
Location: Well, actually, been around here for fifteen or twenty years
Interests: Oh you know, auto racing, woodworking, fishing, fuckin Asian chick and other willing ladies.

Spending the night in Binghamton,NY

Post by HowieTheHat »

There is this dirt race track in Kirkwood,NY that may be sold to a company at the end of this year and it won't continue as a racing facility. I have only been there a handful of times, but have some memories from my visits. One of them is when I first met Steve Post...better known as "Postman" one Thursday night many many years ago for some special show. Steve was a columnist for the racing newspaper that I also wrote for and he went on to be one of the race day pit reporters for MRN and still is.

Anyway, wanted to visit the old girl one last time before she possibly is gone. I coordinated the visit with delivering a piece of kitchen furniture that I built for a racing friend who's Uncle is the all time winningest driver at this track (5 Mile Point Speedway). I also had a copy of the book that was just recently released and is the one I did a years worth of researching facts for and chronicles the racing career of one of my all time favorites...Billy "The Kid" Pauch. The book is called, quite appropriately..."The Last Cowboy". My buddy asked me to pick up a copy at the book launch. So, I made reservations for a hotel in Binghamton so we didn't have to drive home tonight. Getting to old for that shit. Its about a two to two and a half hour drive. Fuck that anymore. So, we are about fifteen minutes from our hotel when my buddy texts me the track called the night off due to the weather. One or two close by also called. Well fuck! We went to a local Applebees and had a nice dinner and now just chillin in the room. Not exactly as planned, but its an overnight getaway at least.
Purveyor of reality! Deal with it!
CentralTexasCrude
Walking Human Headache

Re: Spending the night in Binghamton,NY

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Good to see you doing what you love, HH.
HowieTheHat
Forum Regular
Location: Well, actually, been around here for fifteen or twenty years
Interests: Oh you know, auto racing, woodworking, fishing, fuckin Asian chick and other willing ladies.

Re: Spending the night in Binghamton,NY

Post by HowieTheHat »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:08 am Good to see you doing what you love, HH.
Life's to short brutha! Appreciate the gifts you have, don't sweat the small stuff and be thankful.
Purveyor of reality! Deal with it!