Mechanical Question

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Mechanical Question

Post by Animal »

dealerships are only interested in having sex with our butts.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

^^^
butt sex expert
Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

fouts wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:07 am quit dickin' around and take to the dealership for a complete electronics check.Unless you are going to buy a $500. code reader ,save your money,a dealers diagnostic check is more complex than any $30. Amazon code reader can do.
Took it to my mechanic (not a dealer). The Chrysler dealer shops around here are rip off artists.
fouts
Forum God

Post by fouts »

Whackov wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:20 pm
fouts wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:07 am quit dickin' around and take to the dealership for a complete electronics check.Unless you are going to buy a $500. code reader ,save your money,a dealers diagnostic check is more complex than any $30. Amazon code reader can do.
Took it to my mechanic (not a dealer). The Chrysler dealer shops around here are rip off artists.
yeah,I understand.I sure wouldn't want them fixing,just a diagnoses.I got an '05 GMC and that is on the borderline of being unfixable without an code reader.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

And what did your mechanic find out?
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:37 pm
That he needs to take it to a Chrysler dealer? :P
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

FSchmertz wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:06 pm
Probably :lol:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:08 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:06 pm
Probably :lol:
his mechanic told him that the "fasten seat belt" light and dinging isn't a check engine light and to just calm down.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Similar subject. Bought my car really low mileage- someone had leased it new for like 18 months or something. Has one of those driver door panels that light up at night when you touch it and you can punch in a 5 number code to unlock the doors and trunk. They gave me code when I bought it- have never used it. So last Summer out here at a cafe, I locked my keys in the car. Luckily it was a hot day and I had rolled down the front windows a few inches and the mechanic shop next door had one of those telescopic magnetic things so I could snatch my keys from the console.Looked everywhere for that code. I was at my dealer a few days later picking up some hood gas struts ( goodbye 2 years wooden stick) and was told it would be a $60 charge just to hook up to my car computer. Screw that crap. Googled where to find it. I'm upside down with a flashlight under the drivers console (setting off the car alarm a few times) and I find the code. Doesn't work. Must have been changed. Screw that $60 fee. Just make sure I have the keys in hand before I lock it. How hard is that? J-bird passes the baton.
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:44 am Similar subject. Bought my car really low mileage- someone had leased it new for like 18 months or something. Has one of those driver door panels that light up at night when you touch it and you can punch in a 5 number code to unlock the doors and trunk. They gave me code when I bought it- have never used it. So last Summer out here at a cafe, I locked my keys in the car. Luckily it was a hot day and I had rolled down the front windows a few inches and the mechanic shop next door had one of those telescopic magnetic things so I could snatch my keys from the console.Looked everywhere for that code. I was at my dealer a few days later picking up some hood gas struts ( goodbye 2 years wooden stick) and was told it would be a $60 charge just to hook up to my car computer. Screw that crap. Googled where to find it. I'm upside down with a flashlight under the drivers console (setting off the car alarm a few times) and I find the code. Doesn't work. Must have been changed. Screw that $60 fee. Just make sure I have the keys in hand before I lock it. How hard is that? J-bird passes the baton.
Evidently pretty hard since you locked your keys in the car.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

The 5 digit security code is usually in the glove department if you have not moved the owner’s wallet card. The 5 digit code can also be found on years 2011- 2018 on a white label inside passenger side fuse box, it will be the 5 numbers you need, followed by a letter.

If the owner’s manual is lost and you do not have the code for Keyless Entry, know that the Remote Anti-theft Personality (RAP) Module also has the factory code printed on its label. The RAP is behind a removable panel toward the back left of your vehicle.

Using a flashlight, locate the removable panel and turn two thumb screws counterclockwise to remove the plastic panel. Shine the flashlight onto the RAP module and look for the label containing the 5 digit factory code. Enter the factory code. Once the first entry is pressed, the keypad will illuminate. Press the middle of the button to ensure proper contact. In order to program your new personal code, hit the 1 / 2 control before 5 seconds has passed from entering the factory code.

Each time a new personal code is set, it replaces the old one and not the factory code. The factory can never be changed. You can erase the code of a previous owner and use the factory-set code without entering a new personal code. Once you’ve entered the factory code, hit the 1/2 button, then the 7/8 and 9/0 controls at the same time. Do not take more than 5 seconds to press each successive button. Once you’ve taken these steps, your system will now only use the factory-set code.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:29 pm The 5 digit security code is usually in the glove department if you have not moved the owner’s wallet card. The 5 digit code can also be found on years 2011- 2018 on a white label inside passenger side fuse box, it will be the 5 numbers you need, followed by a letter.

If the owner’s manual is lost and you do not have the code for Keyless Entry, know that the Remote Anti-theft Personality (RAP) Module also has the factory code printed on its label. The RAP is behind a removable panel toward the back left of your vehicle.

Using a flashlight, locate the removable panel and turn two thumb screws counterclockwise to remove the plastic panel. Shine the flashlight onto the RAP module and look for the label containing the 5 digit factory code. Enter the factory code. Once the first entry is pressed, the keypad will illuminate. Press the middle of the button to ensure proper contact. In order to program your new personal code, hit the 1 / 2 control before 5 seconds has passed from entering the factory code.

Each time a new personal code is set, it replaces the old one and not the factory code. The factory can never be changed. You can erase the code of a previous owner and use the factory-set code without entering a new personal code. Once you’ve entered the factory code, hit the 1/2 button, then the 7/8 and 9/0 controls at the same time. Do not take more than 5 seconds to press each successive button. Once you’ve taken these steps, your system will now only use the factory-set code.
Yeah, that all got trashed years ago. First place I looked.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

you said you found the code crawling under the dash with a flashlight. if you found the code, and you follow those instructions I posted, you can unlock the doors. You did it wrong.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

I use the door code so often I have the pattern memorized. I had to stop and think what the numbers were.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:48 pm you said you found the code crawling under the dash with a flashlight. if you found the code, and you follow those instructions I posted, you can unlock the doors. You did it wrong.
Nope. Doesn't matter. I never used it ever. Just became an issue when I "almost" locked my keys inside once with the spare 200 miles away. The thing isn't protecting the Gold at Ft Knox. Worse case scenario- Ford, at least, in their wisdom supplied a tiny window behind each back door window so that if you need to start breaking things to get inside, you can do that at the least expense to repair.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:05 am
Animal wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:48 pm you said you found the code crawling under the dash with a flashlight. if you found the code, and you follow those instructions I posted, you can unlock the doors. You did it wrong.
Nope. Doesn't matter. I never used it ever. Just became an issue when I "almost" locked my keys inside once with the spare 200 miles away. The thing isn't protecting the Gold at Ft Knox. Worse case scenario- Ford, at least, in their wisdom supplied a tiny window behind each back door window so that if you need to start breaking things to get inside, you can do that at the least expense to repair.
Nope to which part? You said you found the code. The factory code can never ever change. so if you couldn't get it to work to unlock the doors, then you did it wrong. end of story.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:08 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:05 am
Nope to which part? You said you found the code. The factory code can never ever change. so if you couldn't get it to work to unlock the doors, then you did it wrong. end of story.
Missed the "doesn't matter" part. Just another electrical gimmick (lights under the door mirrors so you can see where you walk exiting in the dark for example). Low tire pressure gauges at each wheel and the sensor in the back alerting to low speed contact are the only useful "gimmicks" they have installed since automatic locks and power windows decades ago. I have a camera in the back that projects on my rear view mirror. It's been upside down for years. Doesn't matter. Another useless electrical gimmick putting a strain on your electrical system that will go out eventually.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

my truck has a key fob and if it is in your pocket, the door unlocks when you touch the handle. HOWEVER, there are a couple of restaurants (Chili's for one) that if you park out front, it somehow disables that feature and you have to actually unlock the door. The door key pad will work though. And rather than fish for the key, I can just enter the code and get in. Then its a push button to start, so no key for that either. I never touch my keys.

I changed my key code to my zip code so its easy to remember. Most people don't use that number because its hard to remember another code, but I end up using mine quite a bit. And never because I forget my keys and lock them in the truck.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:35 am my truck has a key fob and if it is in your pocket, the door unlocks when you touch the handle. HOWEVER, there are a couple of restaurants (Chili's for one) that if you park out front, it somehow disables that feature and you have to actually unlock the door. The door key pad will work though. And rather than fish for the key, I can just enter the code and get in. Then its a push button to start, so no key for that either. I never touch my keys.

I changed my key code to my zip code so its easy to remember. Most people don't use that number because its hard to remember another code, but I end up using mine quite a bit. And never because I forget my keys and lock them in the truck.
Or you could just insert your key in the outside lock like everybody has done for 120 years and it won't matter whether you or at Chili's or anywhere else and you enter your vehicle with no drain on your electrical system. Reminds me of a situation almost 2 years ago. Camped for a week at a State Park near Kerrville. Waiting for my new place to come available and tired of motel rooms. First night right after dark, my battery goes tits up. No problem- jump start in the morning and drive to an auto store to replace. BUT- access to the battery under the hood was a mechanical cable. To get to the jumper cables in my trunk required my key to work or an electrical button on my dash. Both dead due to the battery. Useless gimmicks.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

you put way too much effort into making easy things sound hard.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Let me guess. You have a "button" in the back of your truck that lowers the tailgate really slow (wouldn't want to pinch any fingers) and deploys a series of small steps so you don't actually have to "climb" into the bed. God Forbid if you broke a sweat.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Goddammit!

What’s the resolution to the issue?
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Charliesheen wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:03 am Goddammit!

What’s the resolution to the issue?
Ban CTC.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

Animal wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:21 am you put way too much effort into making easy things sound hard.
Things are hard for him.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Hell, want to simplify your life? Junk the electrical starters and put the hand crank ones back on the front of every vehicle. Sure teach you responsibility when the thing could kick back and take your hand or arm off. Talk about "paying attention". What we need more of around here, By Kriminy.