For those of you who "support" the GOP

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

For those of you who "support" the GOP

Post by saltydog »

When exactly did you get "on board" with Trump as a political figure?

What was the tipping point that convinced you to say, "That's MY guy right there."?
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: For those of you who "support" the GOP

Post by Animal »

I followed Trump's career for as long as I can remember. I felt like he was a gimmick, like a carnival barker. Sort of a P.T. Barnum or Jerry Jones type personality. I never, EVER, thought he had a chance when he said he was running. After watching guys like Gary Hart get demolished by the press, I figured Trump's days were very very limited. I hated listening to him speak. I hated the way he treated the other candidates on the debate stages (primaries). I hated the way he treated Jeb Bush. I was blown away that his tactics were actually gaining traction with people. I don't know how many people I heard saying things like "Its time we got someone in there to drain the swamp." Or "Let's let a businessman run the country for a change". People were just really ready for a major change and that's what he represented. Pretty much anti everything that the voters hated in Washington.

I never supported him other than I supported the republican platform and if that meant he would be in charge, then so be it. I hope he never wins anything else. But if he ends up as the candidate, I would support the party again. I have never said "that's my guy" in reference to Trump.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

The media got behind him long before the party did. I was late to the show but got excited over the thought of a foreign policy that puts us interests first.

MSM was certain Cankles would trounce him. So they gave him all their best exposure. I’m very happy with how that worked out.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Jeezus h christ. Why is it always about Trump with you and EFMN? He's not the gop and the gop isn't him. That as retarded as me saying Nancy Pelosi is the dem party or AOC is the dem party. Yes, he's still popular-he is a former potus after all just like Barry. But he loses head to head to DeSantis in polling and many R's wish he'd go away. As much as you'd like it to be its not about him. He does fight like we wish other Rs would do. That's his main attraction. He showed us we don't have to bow to legacy media or PC bullshit. If he's the nominee I'll support him but there's about 4 others ahead of him that I'd prefer.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Everyone needs to be in our box or their box. No other options

-SD & EFMN
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

To answer the original question though: I got "on board" when he became the nominee. He wasnt my first choice but there are lots of things I like about him. Currently he is just a popular figure within the GOP. I know your go-to is tRumP Is tHe GoP!!1!1 Hes only top of mind to the faithful and Dems desperate to mitigate their impending ass kicking by making it about him. To most of the rest of us hes exceptionally "meh".
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

saltydog wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:44 pm When exactly did you get "on board" with Trump as a political figure?

What was the tipping point that convinced you to say, "That's MY guy right there."?
When He came down the escalator and announced His candidacy.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Before the debates or Primaries iI knew that I would not support Jeb Bush, Chris Christie.I was thinking Cruz or Paul or Rubio. Maybe Fiorina or Carson. Then Trump started winning primaries. I liked Trump more after he got in office and did a lot of what he had promised.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Also, keep in mind my "support" is really a result of there being no legitimate 3rd party option. The Rs are simply the better option of the two.