Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong says he’ll ‘renounce’ U.S. citizenship over Roe v. Wade

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong says he’ll ‘renounce’ U.S. citizenship over Roe v. Wade

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

saltydog wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:30 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:45 pm
saltydog wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:42 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:36 pm
saltydog wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:19 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:17 pm

Not true. I will admit I've never heard more then a few seconds of any Green Day song ever because as soon as that lazy ass voiced singer starts in, the channel gets switched.
My guess is that you're not exactly their target audience.
Hope not. You need to talk to Animal. He's our musical expert. He's has tons of knowledge about both kinds of music.
Don't let DeathProof see that.
Naw, it'll be alright. See, Animal knows for a fact there are only 2 kinds of real music. Country AND Western.
Nothing gets by SaltyD
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Re: Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong says he’ll ‘renounce’ U.S. citizenship over Roe v. Wade

Post by saltydog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:37 am
saltydog wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:19 pm

My guess is that you're not exactly their target audience.
Hope not. You need to talk to Animal. He's our musical expert. He's has tons of knowledge about both kinds of music.
Naw, it'll be alright. See, Animal knows for a fact there are only 2 kinds of real music. Country AND Western.
Nothing gets by SaltyD
That Super70s store is magical!!
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

saltydog wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:50 am
Nothing gets by SaltyD
Did it come with the optional stage wire mesh?
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:09 am
saltydog wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:50 am

Nothing gets by SaltyD
Did it come with the optional stage wire mesh?
Chicken wire?
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Zerobeat
Forum God

Post by Zerobeat »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:23 am Did we ever figure out Kweeber's AV? I think we had it as a tossup between a rabid squirrel or a mutant gopher.
Pretty sure it's the weasel from a Foghorn Leghorn cartoon.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Zerobeat wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:54 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:23 am Did we ever figure out Kweeber's AV? I think we had it as a tossup between a rabid squirrel or a mutant gopher.
Pretty sure it's the weasel from a Foghorn Leghorn cartoon.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Gunzen
Still working on that career as a Famous Author!

Post by Gunzen »

Deathproof wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:12 am
kwebber wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:05 am ROFLMAO!! This was sure to set off the sad old right wing snowflakes. And looky here we have the usual cast of sad old retards melting. It doesn't affect you, and it really doesn't matter, but you fucking retards are going to shake your fists and yell "Armstrong!!!!". Denying women access to safe abortions doesn't matter, what really matters is some singer says he's going to denounce his U.S. American citizenship? Got it.
Nobody is melting, because nobody gives even half a fuck that some Bay Area commie is making an empty threat to leave the country and will never follow up on it. They never do.
Pretty much sums it up perfectly.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

If he doesn't come here I'm fine with it.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

If I were forced to either sing a Green Day song or have my balls cut off, sadly I guess I wouldn't be able to walk around with my little buddies jiggling around anymore. :cry: That's how really little I know about modern pop music these days, and it doesn't bother me in the least. Most of it's garbage, an assault on the ears, not worth a dime picked up from a dirty city road.

But renouncing your citizenship like this is really border-line treasonous. If you want to become a citizen of another country because you feel it offers you more than your current citizenship, fine, go ahead and make your way there. But if you really value the citizenship of the country you currently owe allegiance to, you work to make that country better for you. Work to put candidates who work to your desires. And vote. But you don't give up on your country, if it hasn't actually worked to force you out, to become a refugee.

I love countries like Canada, Australia and New Zealand, even Germany and Norway, and they even make becoming a citizen of theirs relatively easy, at least compared to the US. But it's not a decision to make lightly over a matter like RvW. Our country may be going thru a rough spot at the moment, it may even get worse. But you've got to stay here and make it better.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。