Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong says he’ll ‘renounce’ U.S. citizenship over Roe v. Wade

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong says he’ll ‘renounce’ U.S. citizenship over Roe v. Wade

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

I hope by "renounce", it means we won't have to listen to his lazy ass voice singing around here anymore.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Re: Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong says he’ll ‘renounce’ U.S. citizenship over Roe v. Wade

Post by saltydog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:53 pm I hope by "renounce", it means we won't have to listen to his lazy ass voice singing around here anymore.
Stop it. You're purely a Merle Haggard/Ted Nugent/Luke Bryan type.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:56 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:53 pm I hope by "renounce", it means we won't have to listen to his lazy ass voice singing around here anymore.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Not true. I will admit I've never heard more then a few seconds of any Green Day song ever because as soon as that lazy ass voiced singer starts in, the channel gets switched.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:17 pm
Not true. I will admit I've never heard more then a few seconds of any Green Day song ever because as soon as that lazy ass voiced singer starts in, the channel gets switched.
My guess is that you're not exactly their target audience.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

saltydog wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:19 pm
Hope not. You need to talk to Animal. He's our musical expert. He's has tons of knowledge about both kinds of music.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:36 pm
Hope not. You need to talk to Animal. He's our musical expert. He's has tons of knowledge about both kinds of music.
I checked my playlist and the only song that I have with "Green" in the title:

saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Don't let DeathProof see that.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:40 pm
I checked my playlist and the only song that I have with "Green" in the title:

No Green Onions?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

saltydog wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:42 pm
Naw, it'll be alright. See, Animal knows for a fact there are only 2 kinds of real music. Country AND Western.
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

He's awful. He always sounds (to me) like he has a chronic sinus infection.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:45 pm Naw, it'll be alright. See, Animal knows for a fact there are only 2 kinds of real music. Country AND Western.
Hard at work at your fake job, huh?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Vitamin E
Forum God

Post by Vitamin E »

kwebber wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:05 am ROFLMAO!! This was sure to set off the sad old right wing snowflakes. And looky here we have the usual cast of sad old retards melting. It doesn't affect you, and it really doesn't matter, but you fucking retards are going to shake your fists and yell "Armstrong!!!!". Denying women access to safe abortions doesn't matter, what really matters is some singer says he's going to denounce his U.S. American citizenship? Got it.
Not sure if and where the sarcasm lives in your response.

I am right-wing, sad, old and retarded. Yet, I'm confident this wasn't a melt.

On a scale of 1-100 where 1 is utra-right and 100 is uber-left, I'd be somewhere around 48.
Financially conservative, with gay friends, pro-choice, and not a fan of Donald Trump nor Hillary Clinton.

Seems silly that he's renouncing his citizenship.
  • I doubt any of the Supreme Court Justices give a flying fuck about washed up singers.
    I doubt he'll leave the country (If he hates it here - there are plenty of places that wish for first world problems)
    I'm not sure if he's eligible to vote if he's not a citizen
    I'd really prefer he take an action towards improving things instead of simply seeking attention
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

disco.moon wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:47 pm
He's awful. He always sounds (to me) like he has a chronic sinus infection.
I'm totally serious. I have never heard any Green Day music past the point when he starts singing.
DiverTexas
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by DiverTexas »

kwebber wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:15 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:08 am
kwebber wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:05 am ROFLMAO!! This was sure to set off the sad old right wing snowflakes. And looky here we have the usual cast of sad old retards melting. It doesn't affect you, and it really doesn't matter, but you fucking retards are going to shake your fists and yell "Armstrong!!!!". Denying women access to safe abortions doesn't matter, what really matters is some singer says he's going to denounce his U.S. American citizenship? Got it.
Talk about crawling out of the woodwork.
Oh, I come here from time to time, but there is usually very little worth me wasting my time commenting on. It's just the same posters, making the same comments that they have for years.
I hope you'll look at what you posted and realize the irony.
You attack a political party that you don't agree with and then begin the name calling.
It appears you want to perpetuate the exact exchanges you claim to loathe.
Just an observation.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

DiverTexas wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:20 pm
Oh, I come here from time to time, but there is usually very little worth me wasting my time commenting on. It's just the same posters, making the same comments that they have for years.
You attack a political party that you don't agree with and then begin the name calling.
Just an observation.
Ol' kwebber has never been the sharpest tool in the shed.
He thinks this thread is full of melts. :lol:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

that mother fucker owes me an apology because I have never posted about Latin American columns before.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

come to think of it, Saltydog owes me an apology, too. Something about me getting into an argument over rivets? wtf?
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Deathproof wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:12 am
Nobody is melting, because nobody gives even half a fuck that some Bay Area commie is making an empty threat to leave the country and will never follow up on it. They never do.
He is not even the best Armstrong in "punk" rock from The Bay. That would be Tim Armstrong.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:47 pm come to think of it, Saltydog owes me an apology, too. Something about me getting into an argument over rivets? wtf?
"I state my regret." -Dwight K. Schrute
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

saltydog wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:35 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:47 pm come to think of it, Saltydog owes me an apology, too. Something about me getting into an argument over rivets? wtf?
"I state my regret." -Dwight K. Schrute
Michael!
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Just an observation.
Was it the excessive !!!!'s that tipped you off?
DiverTexas
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by DiverTexas »

Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:54 am
Just an observation.
Was it the excessive !!!!'s that tipped you off?
I may be slow, but I pick up on subtleties.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Did we ever figure out Kweeber's AV? I think we had it as a tossup between a rabid squirrel or a mutant gopher.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:45 pm
saltydog wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:42 pm

Naw, it'll be alright. See, Animal knows for a fact there are only 2 kinds of real music. Country AND Western.