Tucker is saying the quiet part out loud

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Tucker is saying the quiet part out loud

Post by saltydog »

Why would they need to do that Fishboy?
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Re: Tucker is saying the quiet part out loud

Post by peterosehaircut »

Who is fishboy?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

peterosehaircut wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:01 am Who is fishboy?
salty dog plays a game with himself where he makes up funny synonyms for people's user names. He giggles and laughs until he soaks his pull up.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Well, the Democrat party has weaponized the IRS and the FBI against political enemies so...
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:26 am
salty dog plays a game with himself where he makes up funny synonyms for people's user names. He giggles and laughs until he soaks his pull up.
Married into the Swanson seafood family. Inherited north of $90m, so he's not exactly had to struggle for anything in his life.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:54 am Well, the Democrat party has weaponized the IRS and the FBI against political enemies so...
Yep.

DIstrict of Columbia votes 90% + democrat. No surprise there.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

saltydog wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:09 am
Married into the Swanson seafood family. Inherited north of $90m, so he's not exactly had to struggle for anything in his life.
You keep making comments about wealthy people like there's something wrong with being wealthy. Like there's some fucking nobility in being poor and struggling.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Deathproof wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:15 am
You keep making comments about wealthy people like there's something wrong with being wealthy. Like there's some fucking nobility in being poor and struggling.
There's nothing wrong with being wealthy. It's the entitlement and belief that wealth equals intelligence.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

saltydog wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:19 am
There's nothing wrong with being wealthy. It's the entitlement and belief that wealth equals intelligence.
Okay, but your comment about whoever "married into the Swanson seafood family, etc" said nothing about intelligence. You only said he'd "not exactly had to struggle for anything in his life", like there's something wrong with that.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Deathproof wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:25 am
Okay, but your comment about whoever "married into the Swanson seafood family, etc" said nothing about intelligence. You only said he'd "not exactly had to struggle for anything in his life", like there's something wrong with that.
Generational wealth is ultimate "cheat code" to get through life. There's very little understanding and empathy towards those who are not as fortunate. Most are convinced that they've "earned" the right to look down upon society as a whole. For reference, the movie Caddyshack does a wonderful job of laying it out for you.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

saltydog wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:03 pm
Deathproof wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:25 am

Generational wealth is ultimate "cheat code" to get through life. There's very little understanding and empathy towards those who are not as fortunate. Most are convinced that they've "earned" the right to look down upon society as a whole. For reference, the movie Caddyshack does a wonderful job of laying it out for you.
And how much empathy do you think the poor have for us? Or does that only go one way in your world?
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

saltydog wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:03 pmGenerational wealth is ultimate "cheat code" to get through life. There's very little understanding and empathy towards those who are not as fortunate. Most are convinced that they've "earned" the right to look down upon society as a whole. For reference, the movie Caddyshack does a wonderful job of laying it out for you.
True...ish.

Moreso a sin of 'generational wealth' is how the "haves" teach their children these behaviors.

But, you can't legislate- or tax- humility, perspective, or conscience.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

my experience is that generational wealth is usually quickly lost. it gets watered down much too fast with kids and divorces and such. there are always stories about the Waltons and Rockefellers, but they are the exceptions to the rule. at least in my experience. i have seen a shit load of family money blown in short periods of time once the kids get their hands on it. Those are the very last people that i would be jealous of.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:32 am my experience is that generational wealth is usually quickly lost. it gets watered down much too fast with kids and divorces and such. there are always stories about the Waltons and Rockefellers, but they are the exceptions to the rule. at least in my experience. i have seen a shit load of family money blown in short periods of time once the kids get their hands on it. Those are the very last people that i would be jealous of.
My experience is my experience. I agree with some of the above.
fouts
Forum God

Post by fouts »

Shaq in an interview recounted his kids saying once ,"we are super rich" ,shaq replied 'I'm rich you're not,get your own", smart guy even though he was horrible at free throw line
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

In my experience the "best" rich people are the ones who used to be poor. My wife works at a very high powered investment company and (unfortunately) I've had to mingle with quite a few incredibly rich twats. Of course it doesn't apply across the board but pretty consistently the people who came from nothing where the most down to earth.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."