Jesus Christ, I worshipped this band!!!

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Re: Jesus Christ, I worshipped this band!!!

Post by saltydog »

The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

I remember years ago that was a popular tune. I left work one Thursday and the radio station had 3 for thursday deal ,so as I'm lighting a bowl the chick on the radio said "let's roll our 3 for Thursday" and they played don't bring me down,cheap trick I want you to want me and Bad Company rock n roll fantasy. "When music was music".
Bev Bevvan ELO drummer played drums for Black Sabbath during their Born Again tour in '83. Bill Ward had done the album but he had to go for "treatment" so he couldn't do the tour.
jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

I have a clip I played on my radio station from a tape of a guy talking about rock music being the work of satan. He's talking about backmasking and he says"the group,Electric Light Orchestra,the song fire on high,first forward and then backwards. So it plays forward and then when he plays it backward it says "the music is reversable,go back go back". Don't know if it really does it or not. That tape is funny as hell.
8-TrackJones
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by 8-TrackJones »

jsdspif wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:55 pm I have a clip I played on my radio station from a tape of a guy talking about rock music being the work of satan. He's talking about backmasking and he says"the group,Electric Light Orchestra,the song fire on high,first forward and then backwards. So it plays forward and then when he plays it backward it says "the music is reversable,go back go back". Don't know if it really does it or not. That tape is funny as hell.
This is true. Although it actually says "The music is reversible, but time is not. Turn back, turn back, turn back."
Klaatu ......Barada .......Ncoughcoughcough.........Necktie.........Nickel.....
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

BigRedRetard wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:34 pm E.L.O. was never my cup of tea.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

careful guys. or howie will have another meltdown.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Animal wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:32 am careful guys. or howie will have another meltdown.
But not before he teaches you all about them and how your knowledge about them is wrong and only he is right.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

ELO- Progressive rock with tons of electronics. I'll take another Progressive rock band, that uses a lot less electronics, for the Win- Kansas.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

I was and still am a huge fan of ELO and Jeff Lynne, and rate Out of the Blue one of my top ten albums of all time. Two of his songs could at one time even induce flashbacks, Can't Get it Out of My Head and Sweet is the Night, as I used to drop a lot of acid listening to those two songs. Lennon once said that ELO was continuing the work the Beatles did, and he even thought his old band wouldn't have been doing as good of work had they still been together.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。