What is that special 1% of Americans?

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

What is that special 1% of Americans?

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Here it is. Congrats if youre in it:

After adjusting its data to reflect current inflation using the Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, SmartAsset found that to break into the top 1% of earners, an average American family needs to make over $597,815 yearly.

How much you need to earn to be in the top 1% is wildly different for each state
BY
COLIN LODEWICK
https://fortune.com/2022/01/26/how-much ... 1-percent/
---------------------
Included in the link is a chart for each state.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Re: What is that special 1% of Americans?

Post by saltydog »

Damn decimals.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

I'm definitely in that category. I live in an 8 bedroom home with 6.5 car garage and 3 pools. I wake up and piss excellence.
squirt
More Anal, Less Shenanigans
Interests: sleep

Post by squirt »

disco.moon wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:30 am I'm definitely in that category. I live in an 8 bedroom home with 6.5 car garage and 3 pools. I wake up and piss excellence.
:lol:
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

disco.moon wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:30 am I'm definitely in that category. I live in an 8 bedroom home with 6.5 car garage and 3 pools. I wake up and piss excellence.
I knew it!

I could tell you are one of those high-falutin type people!
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:28 am
I knew it!

I could tell you are one of those high-falutin type people!
Oh yeah, I falut.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

its not a very accurate look at what that sort of income provides. lets just say you live in ca and the average pice of a home is 2.5m in the area. if you can scrape together 25% down based on the jumbo loan requirements you have a payment at todays interest at around 13k per month with taxes and insurance. on an income of 500k you net out 51% for state and federal and another 6 or so for all the other fica fuda etc...you net about 215k before any retirement contributions etc...so 215k divided by 12 nets you about 18k per month. after a 13k house payment you have 5 per month to live on. with all of the taxes and other bs in ca it doesn't go that far. you would think 500k is killing it but if you had a car payment, insurance and standard household debts you'd barely make it.