Pulled pork

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Pulled pork

Post by saltydog »

No, not my Narragansett Beer loving Californian.

Your pulled pork recipe secrets?

Diving in this weekend and hoping to wow the neighborhood.

Going with garlic, onion, paprika, bbq sauce, and hot sauce with a decent bbq rub for the slow cooker.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
squirt
More Anal, Less Shenanigans
Interests: sleep

Re: Pulled pork

Post by squirt »

No.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

get about an 8 lb boston butt, a 2 liter bottle of root beer, a large crock pot, and a bottle of Regular Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce.

Put the pork into the crock pot and cover it with the root beer. You will probably have some left. Put it on high to get it cooking, then once hot, turn it down to slow.

Let it cook about 8 hours. Remove the pork into a sheet pan or something large enough to fork it apart. Mix in a bottle of Regular Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Put it all back into the crock pot for about 1 more hour on low.

Be careful not to get any of the sauce on your forehead or your tongue might beat your brains out.
JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by JCW »

Animal wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:43 am get about an 8 lb boston butt, a 2 liter bottle of root beer, a large crock pot, and a bottle of Regular Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce.

Put the pork into the crock pot and cover it with the root beer. You will probably have some left. Put it on high to get it cooking, then once hot, turn it down to slow.

Let it cook about 8 hours. Remove the pork into a sheet pan or something large enough to fork it apart. Mix in a bottle of Regular Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Put it all back into the crock pot for about 1 more hour on low.

Be careful not to get any of the sauce on your forehead or your tongue might beat your brains out.
No wonder the rest of the world thinks Americans are fat.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

I'll wait for pork to chime in.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

The only thing I'd change about this recipe is to brown the outside of the butt, after a crack of black pepper and salt, in an Instant Pot for the extra flavor. And use some cheap store brand of cola instead. Shasta from Winn-Dixie is a good one to use.
Animal wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:43 am get about an 8 lb boston butt, a 2 liter bottle of root beer, a large crock pot, and a bottle of Regular Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce.

If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

There are many different great recipes out there but the one thing they all have in common is boiling the meat first.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:07 pm There are many different great recipes out there but the one thing they all have in common is boiling the meat first.
i made some pulled pork tacos this week-end in an insta-pot. the cut of meat wasn't all that big, maybe 2.5 lbs, but it only took around 30 minutes to cook. There was no BBQ sauce, it was more like a street taco with chili powder, lime, cilantro, etc.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:09 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:07 pm There are many different great recipes out there but the one thing they all have in common is boiling the meat first.
i made some pulled pork tacos this week-end in an insta-pot. the cut of meat wasn't all that big, maybe 2.5 lbs, but it only took around 30 minutes to cook. There was no BBQ sauce, it was more like a street taco with chili powder, lime, cilantro, etc.
Lately, if I do tacos it's always with pulled or shredded meat. For me, they're just better that way. I'll take that over chunks of stuff or ground-up meat.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

I make it in an Insta Pot. Which is just a programable pressure cooker. Comes out perfect every time. Many preferred ours over the smoke house in town.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

I usually use a crock pot but lately have been using the pressure cooker.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

Take a chunk of meat and throw it on your smoker. Let it sit at 225 for however long. No spices, no rubs. Use hickory, oak and apple woods with minimal charcoal or chunk natural. Several hours in wrap it in foil and increase the heat to 300 to 325. After an hour take it off and throw everything into a pressure cooker with garlic, ketchup, a touch of brown or yellow mustard, 1 onion, and shred some ginger into it for fun. Cook it for about 30 minutes and let the pressure cooker depresurize naturally. Reduce the liquid from the pressure cooker to about have its volume and you've got the sauce.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Blast wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:16 pm Take a chunk of meat and throw it on your smoker. Let it sit at 225 for however long. No spices, no rubs. Use hickory, oak and apple woods with minimal charcoal or chunk natural. Several hours in wrap it in foil and increase the heat to 300 to 325. After an hour take it off and throw everything into a pressure cooker with garlic, ketchup, a touch of brown or yellow mustard, 1 onion, and shred some ginger into it for fun. Cook it for about 30 minutes and let the pressure cooker depresurize naturally. Reduce the liquid from the pressure cooker to about have its volume and you've got the sauce.
that sounds pretty good. you definitely want to take advantage of the juice from pork as it cooks.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

you rang?
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

btw I made the traeger signature pulled pork on the 4th of July it was great until I put bbq sauce on it. ruined the thing and the texture was like cat food after I mixed it all up.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

pork wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:38 pm btw I made the traeger signature pulled pork on the 4th of July it was great until I put bbq sauce on it. ruined the thing and the texture was like cat food after I mixed it all up.
This is what Im thinking. The best pulled pork I've had has had little to no sauce.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

B-Tender wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:41 pm
pork wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:38 pm btw I made the traeger signature pulled pork on the 4th of July it was great until I put bbq sauce on it. ruined the thing and the texture was like cat food after I mixed it all up.
This is what Im thinking. The best pulled pork I've had has had little to no sauce.
Mine never does. Just juice from cooking and seasoning from the rub.
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

stonedmegman wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:05 pm
B-Tender wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:41 pm
Mine never does. Just juice from cooking and seasoning from the rub.
For realz. People can add sauce if they like.
peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by peterosehaircut »

I like to make mine the day before I need it. I'll rub it down real good with my dry rub, put it on the smoker at 250 degrees, mop it every hour or so with a mixture of apple juice and Worcester sauce until it reaches an internal temp of 200 degrees. Then i'll wrap it in heavy duty foil and stick it in the fridge overnight.
The next day I will pull the meat apart and put it in a crock pot. serve it on buns with Carolina mustard or regular BBQ sauce, dill slices and slaw. Yum.