Does anyone else think Britney Griner should just do the time?

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Does anyone else think Britney Griner should just do the time?

Post by Animal »

necronomous wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:46 am
Animal wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:45 am
necronomous wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:33 am
Animal wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:03 am
necronomous wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:53 am
Animal wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:34 pm

while you are on the subject, remind me what it was exactly that you "proved me wrong about"? i'm legitimately lost on what that was.
Oh, well that's a fucking shocker.
humor me. i'm real interested to hear it.
No you're not. You're interested in trying to make fun of me not realizing that it's you you are making fun of. If you wanted to know, you would have listened and read all the explanations I gave. Instead, you just keep making yourself look like a dumbass because you're not grasping, whether deliberately or not, what I'm saying. So either go back and read what I've already written and try to comprehend it, or continue to make yourself look dumb. Either way is fine with me.
I have read all of those lengthy explanations of what you said. I just don't see where you proved me wrong about something. That's the only part I am missing.
Well, that's an inconvenience for you then isn't it.
yeah, but you said i was acting out or doing something because I couldn't handle being proved wrong. At least let me know what I was proved wrong about so I know why I am doing those things.
Vitamin E
Forum God

Post by Vitamin E »

Deathproof wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:31 pm Shr had been to Russia several times before. She knew the laws about cannabis oil. She either deliberately took it with her anyway, figuring she was above the law, or she failed to do her due diligence and check her luggage to make sure she didn't have illegal contraband. Either way, her crime is her fault.
The United States legal system has repeatedly stated that Americans who travel abroad are subject to the laws of the country to which they travel.

She should shut the fuck up and do her time for the crime she committed. Furthermore, she's a hypocrite piece of shit for badmouthing the United States and protesting our national anthem, then turning around and begging the United States for help when she broke another country's laws.
I agree the punishment is excessive by US standards. I would hate to be imprisoned overseas.

However, I do remember all of these rants --> “I honestly feel we should not play the national anthem during our season,” Griner said.

Maybe, this isn't such a bad country after all. Karma!

Sin, Vit E
US Marine Veteran
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Vitamin E wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:01 pm
Deathproof wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:31 pm Shr had been to Russia several times before. She knew the laws about cannabis oil. She either deliberately took it with her anyway, figuring she was above the law, or she failed to do her due diligence and check her luggage to make sure she didn't have illegal contraband. Either way, her crime is her fault.
The United States legal system has repeatedly stated that Americans who travel abroad are subject to the laws of the country to which they travel.

She should shut the fuck up and do her time for the crime she committed. Furthermore, she's a hypocrite piece of shit for badmouthing the United States and protesting our national anthem, then turning around and begging the United States for help when she broke another country's laws.
I agree the punishment is excessive by US standards. I would hate to be imprisoned overseas.

However, I do remember all of these rants --> “I honestly feel we should not play the national anthem during our season,” Griner said.

Sin, Vit E
US Marine Veteran
But that's the key: it's excessive by US standards. Unfortunately for her, she's not in the US, so she's subject to the laws and standards of the country in which she committed her crime.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Vitamin E
Forum God

Post by Vitamin E »

Deathproof wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:16 pm

Sin, Vit E
US Marine Veteran
But that's the key: it's excessive by US standards. Unfortunately for her, she's not in the US, so she's subject to the laws and standards of the country in which she committed her crime.
I was attempting to agree with you.

Back in the late 1989, my unit was deployed to Japan. When we arrived, we had to go to base supply to pick up a bunch of safes. One of those safes still had documents in one of the drawers. It was from an old legal department. One of the folders was about a young marine who got convicted of DWI off base around 1985. He was sentenced to 15 years. Our legal officer mentioned, Japan doesn't have 'parole' or time for good behavior. You get sentenced for 15 years, you do every single day of that sentence.

Remember the little rich teenager who was vandalizing cars in Thailand - where the punishment was caning?

Regardless, I get tired of rich people and lawyers trying to buy their way out of the punishment they deserve.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Vitamin E wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:54 pm
Deathproof wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:16 pm

Sin, Vit E
US Marine Veteran
I was attempting to agree with you.

Back in the late 1989, my unit was deployed to Japan. When we arrived, we had to go to base supply to pick up a bunch of safes. One of those safes still had documents in one of the drawers. It was from an old legal department. One of the folders was about a young marine who got convicted of DWI off base around 1985. He was sentenced to 15 years. Our legal officer mentioned, Japan doesn't have 'parole' or time for good behavior. You get sentenced for 15 years, you do every single day of that sentence.

Remember the little rich teenager who was vandalizing cars in Thailand - where the punishment was caning?

Regardless, I get tired of rich people and lawyers trying to buy their way out of the punishment they deserve.
I agree 99%. And just watch how Drunk Nancy Pelosi's husband is gonna walk away scott free.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Dennis Rodman says he's going to Russia to help Brittney Griner

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/natio ... 6a4bb9e727
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Antknot wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:10 pm Dennis Rodman says he's going to Russia to help Brittney Griner

he should take Gary Busey with him. Just for the lulz.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:12 pm
Antknot wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:10 pm Dennis Rodman says he's going to Russia to help Brittney Griner

Omarosa too.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

saltydog wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:49 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:12 pm

Omarosa too.
Yep, cant have those uppity coloreds voting anything but Democrat.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I wonder how the Whelan family is feeling right now?
Biker

Post by Biker »

Animal wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:07 pm I wonder how the Whelan family is feeling right now?
Big difference, dude. Whelan didn’t make LeBron cry
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Biker wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:34 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:07 pm I wonder how the Whelan family is feeling right now?
Big difference, dude. Whelan didn’t make LeBron cry
He's Canadian born. That should be enough, right?
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

"It is so important to me that it is clear that we do not begrudge Ms. Griner her freedom," David Whelan said. "As I have often remarked, Brittney's and Paul's cases were never really intertwined. It has always been a strong possibility that one might be freed without the other."
Biker

Post by Biker »

Biker

Post by Biker »

B-Tender wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:18 pm "It is so important to me that it is clear that we do not begrudge Ms. Griner her freedom," David Whelan said. "As I have often remarked, Brittney's and Paul's cases were never really intertwined. It has always been a strong possibility that one might be freed without the other."
We live in a dim witted country that idolizes the celebrity. I knew that. What I didn’t know was that we would govern as such. This country is toast, make your exit plans
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

Biker wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:50 pm
B-Tender wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:18 pm "It is so important to me that it is clear that we do not begrudge Ms. Griner her freedom," David Whelan said. "As I have often remarked, Brittney's and Paul's cases were never really intertwined. It has always been a strong possibility that one might be freed without the other."
We live in a dim witted country that idolizes the celebrity. I knew that. What I didn’t know was that we would govern as such. This country is toast, make your exit plans
Whelan was arrested for allegedly spying(valid or not), and Griner arrested for THC. The Russians likely don't consider those similar offenses.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Does this mean we get a Lord of War sequel?
fouts
Forum God

Post by fouts »

Nobody that uses Hash oil 'forgets' it was in her suitcase. She made sure the oil was packed before she packed for her toothbrush. She got caught and played the victim. She should have done at least a year to get the true prison vibe. Most of the world doesn't care about about celebrity athletes. For example,some baseball player got a $360 million contract.No ball catching or bat swinging is worth that-ever. Just another example of the dollar becoming worthless
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Finally a WBNA transaction that makes headlines.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

fouts wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:09 pm Nobody that uses Hash oil 'forgets' it was in her suitcase.
You'd think that, but it's incredible how many people leave one, sometimes two, handguns in their carry-on bags.

Here, Disney World usually manages to nab someone CCW'ing into the parks once a month or so. Despite all the very clear signs and messages that guns are not allowed in the parks, and being caught with one is an arrestable offense.

CBD vaping cartridges are no big deal.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:48 pm
fouts wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:09 pm Nobody that uses Hash oil 'forgets' it was in her suitcase.
You'd think that, but it's incredible how many people leave one, sometimes two, handguns in their carry-on bags.

Here, Disney World usually manages to nab someone CCW'ing into the parks once a month or so. Despite all the very clear signs and messages that guns are not allowed in the parks, and being caught with one is an arrestable offense.

CBD vaping cartridges may not be a big deal at Disney, but Russia sure thinks otherwise...
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Cassandros wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:31 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:48 pm

CBD vaping cartridges may not be a big deal at Disney, but Russia sure thinks otherwise...
You may have missed my point. In fact, CBD cartridges are considered arrestable offenses at all Florida theme parks, too. Even if the state allows you to purchase and consume them off theme park property, you can't take them into the parks. Signs are up for those as well as guns. Disney in particular doesn't fuck around: if they catch you with stuff you're not supposed to take in, they will make a very big deal about it, in addition to losing your park entrance and its cost. Disney security is actually much better than local airport TSA at catching what they consider contraband.

I just meant CBD cartridges are no big deal in comparison to guns, and people manage to "forget" them in their carry-on luggage quite a bit. It's the mark of a completely irresponsible gun owner, and to me means they should for some time lose their 2A rights, much like how a person can legally have their other constitutionally protected rights restricted on the proper occasions. You should always know at all times where your guns are. And the same for your CBD cartridges. If you're forgetting them in your bags, who knows who can get their hands on them and misuse them. And whatever else you might be "forgetting" in your bags...

When you visit a country not of your citizenship, you are subject to their laws, and even "forgetting" some illicit items are is no excuse for having them there. So I have no problem with Russia finding Griner guilty and sentencing her to some time. It was the amount of time she was sentenced to that was the problem, as Russian citizens and citizens of other countries caught with CBD cartridges haven't been handed sentences that long. The sentence seem..., well, a bit political.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Well said.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

“Brittney Griner’s homecoming was celebrated Monday night in front of 20 people at University Baptist Church in Waco. Baylor is on winter break, and a few of the people who were supposed to attend were sick. The church livestreamed the event,” reports ESPN. First, there was a lengthy screed insinuating that neither Waco nor Griner’s alma mater is very accepting of Griner because she’s a lesbian to explain the event’s paltry attendance.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.