The Delphi Murders

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

The Delphi Murders

Post by Deathproof »

So I spent the majority of last night and this morning listening to the entirety of the Down fhe Hill podcast series about the 2017 Delphi murders.
For those who have heard about this but need a reminder, in February 2017, two teenagers, Abby Williams and Libby German, went walking some forest trails in Delphi, Indiana and vanished. Their bodies were found the next day after a massive search. Libby's phone was found on her person, and she had captured grainy video and audio of their presumed killer, who has since become known as "Bridge Guy". Four seconds of audio has been released to the public by the Indiana State Police, in which you hear Bridge Guy saying "Guys... down the hill." The police say they have 53 seconds of audio and video of the man, but have only allowed the public to see those 4 seconds.
To this day, the killer has not been identified and ISPD are very tight-lipped about most details of the murders. They won't reveal even the cause of death. What we do know is that one of the FBI investigators who assisted with the case has described the crime scene as "very odd" and said that the killer left "at least two or three" signatures (not literal signatures like autographs) at the scene and took an article of clothing from one of the girls.
An old man named Ron Logan, who owned the sprawling, densely-forested property on which the girls were found, is suspected to have been involved. Besides being the property owner, it is known that he was very familiar with the rugged, unmapped terrain -- the spot where the girls were found is so remote and hidden that cops say it would be almost impossible to wind up there without knowing it's there. Furthermore, he is known to have called a family member to concoct an alibi for the time of the murders -- a call he made beforethe bodies were found. Unfortunately, Logan died last year.
Another person of interest is a 20-something man named Keegan Kline, who is currently in jail on CP-related charges. Kline is known to have operated a social media profile named Anthony Shots, posing as a male model to catfish young girls. Authorities were able to discern that one of the girls had been speaking to "Anthony Shots" only hours before the girls went missing and was very interested in meeting him. It is suspected that the girls went to the trails that day intending to meet with him, but Kline says he never went. However, authorities say Keegan Kline wasn't operating the Anthony Shots profile alone, which leads us to his father, Jerry Kline.
Jerry Kline, with whom Keegan lived, is known to be a violent man with a bad temper; he apparently has a history of pulling knives on people, as well as at least once pulling a gun on Keegan and his mother. He has a record of domestic violence and harassment. What makes him interesting to authorities is that he apparently was off work the day of the murders, lived very close to the trail area, drove a car matching descriptions of one that was reported parked near the drop-off point at the trail head, and walks with a slight limp like the Bridge Guy video. Furthermore, Jerry is a UAW member, and has been seen wearing a UAW coat that resembles the coat seen on Brudge Guy in the video. However, as of now, Jerry has not been charged or arrested, and Keegan is still awaiting trial on unrelated charges. It's said Keegan has made statements that lead investigators to believe Jerry was involved in the murders, but nothing is confirmed yet.

So, are any of you familiar with this case? Have any theories or thoughts? I'm fascinated with this case and am interested in discussing it.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Re: The Delphi Murders

Post by JCW »

I've seen some stuff about this case. I never understood how they have actual photo and video of the killer but cant find him with all the surveillance and facial ID technology there is available now.

Otherwise, my heart breaks for the parents. You think sending kids out with a buddy will keep them safe. :cry:
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

JCW wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:24 pm I've seen some stuff about this case. I never understood how they have actual photo and video of the killer but cant find him with all the surveillance and facial ID technology there is available now.

Otherwise, my heart breaks for the parents. You think sending kids out with a buddy will keep them safe. :cry:
Agreed, but we have to keep in mind the extremely poor quality of the video and audio. I mean, it's hard to tell if he's wearing a hat or just has weird hair. One of the investigators interviewed in the podcast says "There's only so much video enhancement they can do; it's not like what you see on TV."

"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
squirt
More Anal, Less Shenanigans
Interests: sleep

Post by squirt »

I heard about this story from MrBallen. It's very creepy and intriguing. I agree with JCW - I don't understand how they've not found the person yet. It's very sad.
BigChiefin
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by BigChiefin »

BigRedRetard wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:52 pm I would love to get my hands on this guy and slowly torture him to death. Then I would sleep like a baby.
^^This^^
JCW

Post by JCW »

Deathproof wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:37 pm
JCW wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:24 pm I've seen some stuff about this case. I never understood how they have actual photo and video of the killer but cant find him with all the surveillance and facial ID technology there is available now.

Agreed, but we have to keep in mind the extremely poor quality of the video and audio. I mean, it's hard to tell if he's wearing a hat or just has weird hair. One of the investigators interviewed in the podcast says "There's only so much video enhancement they can do; it's not like what you see on TV."

Ok but between grainy footage and voice samples, NO ONE knows who this guy is?? You dont need to see a face to recognize clothes, the way a person walks, or their voice. It just seems weird theres so much evidence yet no one knows this guy. How frustrating for the parents!
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

JCW wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:17 pm
Deathproof wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:37 pm

Ok but between grainy footage and voice samples, NO ONE knows who this guy is?? You dont need to see a face to recognize clothes, the way a person walks, or their voice. It just seems weird theres so much evidence yet no one knows this guy. How frustrating for the parents!
I don't believe for a second that no one knows who he is. I think it's more a case of no one is stepping forward to tell the authorities. Somebody fucking knows that guy.
JCW

Post by JCW »

Man I hope this guy gets convicted so those families can find some closure.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

I wonder what made the police start to look at this new guy over the other three guys named in DP's post?
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:08 pm I wonder what made the police start to look at this new guy over the other three guys named in DP's post?
I'm glad you brought this up. I saw this in the news yesterday and I've barely thought about anything else since. They're gonna have a press conference at 10 Monday morning and I guess that's when we'll start hearing shit.
Libby German's older sister Kelsi apparently knows the details but isn't allowed to speak on it yet. But she's been all over the news saying "This is the guy. We got him."
JCW

Post by JCW »

Maybe they linked him via DNA somehow? That's how the sister is so sure it's the right guy?
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

JCW wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:07 pm Maybe they linked him via DNA somehow? That's how the sister is so sure it's the right guy?
That was my immediate assumption to, based on what I heard on numerous podcasts about the case. The authorities have never revealed the cause of death or really any details about the crime scene, but some guy who was involved in the search for the girls and claims to have been one of the few people who saw the bodies says it was a fucking bloodbath. As in, no fucking possible way the guy didn't get blood all over him.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i bet they got a family connection DNA hit off of some family history place (23 and me, etc)
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Deathproof wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:11 pm
JCW wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:07 pm Maybe they linked him via DNA somehow? That's how the sister is so sure it's the right guy?
That was my immediate assumption to, based on what I heard on numerous podcasts about the case. The authorities have never revealed the cause of death or really any details about the crime scene, but some guy who was involved in the search for the girls and claims to have been one of the few people who saw the bodies says it was a fucking bloodbath. As in, no fucking possible way the guy didn't get blood all over him.
Usually stuff like this involves an edged weapon.

Apparently it's difficult to slaughter somebody that way and not end up cutting yourself and leaving your own blood at the scene.

P.S. Part of my soon to be published "Introduction to Serial Killing" instructional manual? :eek:
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

FSchmertz wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:49 pm
Deathproof wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:11 pm
Usually stuff like this involves an edged weapon.

Apparently it's difficult to slaughter somebody that way and not end up cutting yourself and leaving your own blood at the scene.

P.S. Part of my soon to be published "Introduction to Serial Killing" instructional manual? :eek:
I was about to ask, Is there something you want to tell us?
JCW

Post by JCW »

Animal wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:42 pm i bet they got a family connection DNA hit off of some family history place (23 and me, etc)
In theory I should like this but as someone who values privacy, it also makes me rather uncircumcized. Not sure why.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

JCW wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:32 pm
Animal wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:42 pm i bet they got a family connection DNA hit off of some family history place (23 and me, etc)
In theory I should like this but as someone who values privacy, it also makes me rather uncircumcized. Not sure why.
several years ago, some law changed that required professional engineers to get a federal background check as part of their license renewal. That meant you had to fill out this form and then go in and have a bunch of mugshots taken and then fingerprints of every finger. then they take all of that information and run it through some kind of data base.

Now you would think "oh big deal, what's to worry about". but its a little unnerving knowing all of that information is now on files that can never be deleted and who knows if something might match something else and it looks like you did something you didn't do. I mean, I did it but I'll admit it was a little weird.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Animal wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:04 pm
several years ago, some law changed that required professional engineers to get a federal background check as part of their license renewal. That meant you had to fill out this form and then go in and have a bunch of mugshots taken and then fingerprints of every finger. then they take all of that information and run it through some kind of data base.

Now you would think "oh big deal, what's to worry about". but its a little unnerving knowing all of that information is now on files that can never be deleted and who knows if something might match something else and it looks like you did something you didn't do. I mean, I did it but I'll admit it was a little weird.
Why engineers?
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Were you acquitted?
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Deathproof wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:20 pm

Why engineers?
beats the fuck out of me. I assume it was some lobbyist that owned a background check company.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

stonedmegman wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:26 pm

Were you acquitted?
i demanded a public defender. i haven't heard anything on how its going.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

So, the press conference didn't give us much new information. There apparently was a document of some kind made public, but heavily redacted. The only thing notable from it was that they finally gave confirmation -- as if we didn't already strongly suspect -- that a "weapon" (the specific type was redacted) was used in the murders. Oh, and that the girls' bodies were "covered" in blood, a detail that had heretofore gone unreleased or understated.

Pretrial hearing is set for January, with a trial slated for March.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

It was shortly after a warranted search (for which they'd have to have probable cause of some sort) that they finally arrested this guy.

Likely they found stuff that supported the indictment during that.

P.S. It was noted that the murderer took something from both girls after their deaths.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

FSchmertz wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:27 pm It was shortly after a warranted search (for which they'd have to have probable cause of some sort) that they finally arrested this guy.

Likely they found stuff that supported the indictment during that.

P.S. It was noted that the murderer took something from both girls after their deaths.
Yeah, i heard about that, months ago. And that he supposedly moved and "posed" their bodies, though in what way has never been specified.

Now I'm hearing that a neighbor watched and recorded the police raid on his house. She says they took out "two bundles of dark clothing", a Macy's bag, and a shoebox. They also dug up something next to his shed, though the neighbor says the hole was so small that it couldn't have been anything bigger than a bottle cap. And they confiscated his truck. Then they took "photography equipment" out of his garage.

That hole they dug? I'm thinking a flash drive would've fit there. And that fits with what one of the early investigators said on the Down the Hill podcast, that the killer arranged the crime scene to be "memorable". I don't doubt the asshole took photos of his handiwork.