Something I don't understand

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Something I don't understand

Post by Who »

Why the attack from the Right on Public Education? DeathSantis here in Flor-i-duh is a prick to all the public school teachers forcing them to quit and now hiring people not trained to teach.
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Re: Something I don't understand

Post by saltydog »

Who wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:18 am Why the attack from the Right on Public Education? DeathSantis here in Flor-i-duh is a prick to all the public school teachers forcing them to quit and now hiring people not trained to teach.
An educated electorate is not helpful to their cause.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Aside from the inefficiencies and sub-par performance, what attacks are you speaking of?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:45 am
Who wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:18 am Why the attack from the Right on Public Education? DeathSantis here in Flor-i-duh is a prick to all the public school teachers forcing them to quit and now hiring people not trained to teach.
:lol:

who could have guessed that the uneducated are the rich taxpayers and the educated are for defunding the police.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

saltydog wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:45 am
Yes, that's why public education has failed. Liberals tend to do that.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Its a situation that requires a degree of brainpower to understand that you simply do not possess. Its not a simple problem or one that can be understood through Liberal talking points. Its a problem that has been manifesting for years if not decades. And not just in Florida.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:00 am Its a situation that requires a degree of brainpower to understand that you simply do not possess. Its not a simple problem or one that can be understood through Liberal talking points. Its a problem that has been manifesting for years if not decades. And not just in Florida.
I'm pretty sure you can dumb it down for me. I never had kids, so I don't pay attention to schools. Why are schools liberal? where have the educators failed the community?
A Legend In His Own Mind

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i remember when Reagan was faced with an uprising of the air traffic controllers. no one else in this country could do their jobs and they knew it. so he fired them all and brought in the military. that was fun.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Who wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:07 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:00 am Its a situation that requires a degree of brainpower to understand that you simply do not possess. Its not a simple problem or one that can be understood through Liberal talking points. Its a problem that has been manifesting for years if not decades. And not just in Florida.
I'm pretty sure you can dumb it down for me. I never had kids, so I don't pay attention to schools. Why are schools liberal? where have the educators failed the community?
A shortened, way too simplistic answer is this:
Academia, like many other professions, has been poisoned by unions and woke politics. Many school boards have become a rubber stamp for union wish lists instead of the external parental voice they are supposed to be. It is to the point now where often teachers/professors who do not adhere to the preferred dogma are ostracized and/or removed. There is of course way more to this complex problem. There are good regular teachers out there who do not fit the above. Many teachers however see their position as an opportunity to push agendas and politics. This is what, I imagine, DeSantis is fighting.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

Animal wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:08 am i remember when Reagan was faced with an uprising of the air traffic controllers. no one else in this country could do their jobs and they knew it. so he fired them all and brought in the military. that was fun.
That was a brilliant move. Proving everyone is replaceable
A Legend In His Own Mind

Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:21 am
Academia, like many other professions, has been poisoned by unions and woke politics. Many school boards have become a rubber stamp for union wish lists instead of the external parental voice they are supposed to be. It is to the point now where often teachers/professors who do not adhere to the preferred dogma are ostracized and/or removed. There is of course way more to this complex problem. There are good regular teachers out there who do not fit the above. Many teachers however see their position as an opportunity to push agendas and politics. This is what, I imagine, DeSantis is fighting.
It's all politics with DeathSantis , he's got his eye on the big prize. Re-election is almost a guarantee.
A Legend In His Own Mind

Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

You mention two things, Unions and woke politics.

Do unions still wield any real power anymore?

and woke politics? is that a modern day reference to an age old problem?
A Legend In His Own Mind

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Who wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:26 am You mention two things, Unions and woke politics.

The teachers unions are still powerful. Then, they work to put former or current union members on school boards to rubber stamp the teachers unions wish lists and promote their agendas within the school systems. When that happens there is basically no resistance and "check" within the system. With free reign bad things happen.

Do you really not know what "woke" politics are?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i wonder what the percentage of college professors is that are liberal voters? Of course, teachers mostly come out of the liberal arts, and if you just consider the professors in the liberal arts department, the number is probably over 80%.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

Animal wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:36 am
i wonder what the percentage of college professors is that are liberal voters? Of course, teachers mostly come out of the liberal arts, and if you just consider the professors in the liberal arts department, the number is probably over 80%.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search
Liberal arts is an academic program in Western higher education, which traditionally covers the natural sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities.
A Legend In His Own Mind

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

you had to google "liberal arts"?
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

Animal wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:50 am you had to google "liberal arts"?
maybe
A Legend In His Own Mind

Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Who wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:22 am
Animal wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:08 am i remember when Reagan was faced with an uprising of the air traffic controllers. no one else in this country could do their jobs and they knew it. so he fired them all and brought in the military. that was fun.
That was a brilliant move. Proving everyone is replaceable
They are.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:33 am
Who wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:26 am You mention two things, Unions and woke politics.

The teachers unions are still powerful. Then, they work to put former or current union members on school boards to rubber stamp the teachers unions wish lists and promote their agendas within the school systems. When that happens there is basically no resistance and "check" within the system. With free reign bad things happen.

Do you really not know what "woke" politics are?
I know what woke politics are.
I don't necessarily agree 100% but I am a contrarian
A Legend In His Own Mind

QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Who wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:26 am Do unions still wield any real power anymore?

Ask a member of any policeman's union about that...

"Woke" just means any idea they dislike, but they don't really understand why, or even what the idea means.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
squirt
More Anal, Less Shenanigans
Interests: sleep

Post by squirt »

That was my job when I was in the Air Force.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

squirt wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:35 am
We're you ever at Eglin AFB?
squirt
More Anal, Less Shenanigans
Interests: sleep

Post by squirt »

Antknot wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:42 am
squirt wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:35 am
We're you ever at Eglin AFB?
No
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

QillerDaemon wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:19 am
Who wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:26 am Do unions still wield any real power anymore?

Ask a member of any policeman's union about that...

"Woke" just means any idea they dislike, but they don't really understand why, or even what the idea means.
Really, QD?
I know exactly what "woke" means. And, yes, I dislike most of it.
In theory, no one should have a problem with being "woke". In a benign sense it just means being aware of certain problems, both current and past, that have affected specific racial or minority groups and not perpetuating those problems.
In practice is where "woke" most of the time takes the wrong turn in the form of segregation, affirmative action policies, disparate standards for minorities, the effort to "take down the patriarchy" or "dismantle systemic racism" and other bullshit actions.
The problem(s) arise, as with many things from The Left, when they falsely attribute anything they feel as unequal to racism or sexism and needing to be fixed. Often times this "fix" is really just a methodology for justifying preferential treatment of the supposedly harmed group. In practice, to the "woke" not being racist is not enough; you must be "Anti-racist". That means you must actively work toward the dismantling of everything that is percieved to be racist. And we know how that goes: in their eyes everything is racist.
Its bad enough when this shit creeps its way into...basically everything now but when it rears its head in the school system is when people get pissed.
Now, what exactly do you feel I dont understand?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

BigRedRetard wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:30 pm Have you seen NY's public school system? Who needs to STFU.
Or Detroit, Chicago, Los Angeles, Baltimore etc.
The public school system has needed a fucking complete overhaul for a loooooong time now.