Are you religious?

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: Are you religious?

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:18 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:59 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:13 am
disco.moon wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:38 am
Animal wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:51 am I have trouble finding any flaws in the Noah's Ark story. So, for that reason I'm pretty sold on all of it.
It's really not that far fetched.
I'm not here saying it 100% absolutely happened as the Bible describes but there is archeological evidence of a giant flood thousands of years ago and most ancient cultures, from different parts of the world, have lore about a massive flood- cultures who never would have any contact with each other. Coincidence? Sure, possibly. Like many things in the Bible it seems to me the story is a mix of truth and metaphor. The literal aspect is not the important part its more about what the story tries to teach.
Actually archeology evidence has shown there was was a giant flood several thousand years ago around the time the Bible and other cultures reported it. But it wasn't the "rain 40 days/40 nights" type flood. What happened was the Mediterranean Sea broke through an ancient rock/earth logjam (probably left over from the earlier Ice Ages) in the Bosporus Straight near present day Istanbul Turkey and rapidly refilled the Black Sea.
Weird how the Chinese, American Indians and other cultures nowhere near this location have ancient stories about this event, eh?
Yeah, I get that. I just mean that the breach at the Bosporus at that time and that location seems the obvious choice for the whole Noah and the Ark Flood myth.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:20 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:51 am I have trouble finding any flaws in the Noah's Ark story. So, for that reason I'm pretty sold on all of it.
I'm not here saying it 100% absolutely happened as the Bible describes but there is archeological evidence of a giant flood thousands of years ago and most ancient cultures, from different parts of the world, have lore about a massive flood- cultures who never would have any contact with each other. Coincidence? Sure, possibly. Like many things in the Bible it seems to me the story is a mix of truth and metaphor. The literal aspect is not the important part its more about what the story tries to teach.
Actually archeology evidence has shown there was was a giant flood several thousand years ago around the time the Bible and other cultures reported it. But it wasn't the "rain 40 days/40 nights" type flood. What happened was the Mediterranean Sea broke through an ancient rock/earth logjam (probably left over from the earlier Ice Ages) in the Bosporus Straight near present day Istanbul Turkey and rapidly refilled the Black Sea.
Weird how the Chinese, American Indians and other cultures nowhere near this location have ancient stories about this event, eh?
you aren't suggesting that there was enough water to flood the entire globe at the same time, are you?
No, I'm simply reiterating that cultures throughout the world share a very similar story despite being thousands of miles apart and having had no contact with each other. That means either there were multiple types of events as mentioned above or the old timers of each culture each devised similar stories for their own particular set of reasons.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

you aren't suggesting that there was enough water to flood the entire globe at the same time, are you?
I remember that rain event, we got a quarter inch.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

rule34 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:33 pm

I remember that rain event, we got a quarter inch.
Every time that happened in ancient China, 20,000 Chinese drowned. What's the deal with that?
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

I'll reserve my opinion until I get Who's eyewitness account.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

stonedmegman wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:12 pm I'll reserve my opinion until I get Who's eyewitness account.
Stymiegreen and DandyDon are on line #1.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

:lol:
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

BigRedRetard wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:46 pm
Deathproof wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:43 pm
BigRedRetard wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:11 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:07 pm
BigRedRetard wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:02 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:55 pm

Dude, are you familiar with this cool thing commonly known as "history"?
Your assertion is patently and demonstrably false. I'm not defending Christians or Christianity just pointing out people doing bad shit to other people didn't start along with it.
The Christians are responsible for more horrible deaths than anyone. All in the name of JESUS!
What total contrived BS. The Mongol Empire (Buddhism/Shamanism) would like to have a word with you.
Meh. Christians are the worse.
You've obviously never heard of muslims.
Muslims have a long way to go to catch up to the christians.
They don't, though.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

Wasnt Jesus a Muslim?
Indianrockguy
Forum Regular
Interests: Ass

Post by Indianrockguy »

Governments have killed more people than any religion. Maybe focus on that.
Married with 6 children
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

pork wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:56 pm Wasnt Jesus a Muslim?
jesus was a jew
Indianrockguy
Forum Regular
Interests: Ass

Post by Indianrockguy »

Animal wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:14 am
jesus was a jew
Neither can eat porksword.
Married with 6 children
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

jesus was a jew
Wrong answer. Go look up the term Muslim and what it means
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

Indianrockguy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:16 am
jesus was a jew
Neither can eat porksword.
Swine
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

pork wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:41 pm
jesus was a jew
Wrong answer. Go look up the term Muslim and what it means
i am giving you the factually right answer. Jesus was a Jew. It doesn't matter what your personal opinion on definitions lead you to think.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

I have no opinion. Technically speaking Muslim means submitter to god. Jesus was a messiah and that is what messiahs do. I don’t believe any of it so you can say Jesus was a fucking donkey and it would have the same impact for me. Religion was made to control the masses. For fuck sakes the ancient people worshiped the sun god because the sunrise was something they couldn’t understand. Jesus was made up my the Roman’s. It’s a literal hoax. I don’t have faith in religion as I don’t in Santa Claus. I also believe those that have been programmed to believe in religion are weak and can be preprogrammed to do about anything you can convince them of.

Let’s not forget the Cesar’s who ruled the empire were gods… self claimed gods. Fuck that. I am now a god. Send me your money.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

DON'T FUCK WITH SANTA CLAUS!!!!!!1
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

“Man Made 'God' in his own image. The eternal, the infinate, the unnameable was reduced to a mental idol that you had to believe in and worship as 'my god' or 'our god'.”

― Eckhart Tolle
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

Should we have a chat about Mormons and how that entire thing started and works?

For the record. From my experience Mormons are the most kind and pleasant people I’ve ever met. That said ,I don’t trust them but they’re super sweet people.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

pork wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:49 pm I have no opinion. Technically speaking Muslim means submitter to god. Jesus was a messiah and that is what messiahs do. I don’t believe any of it so you can say Jesus was a fucking donkey and it would have the same impact for me. Religion was made to control the masses. For fuck sakes the ancient people worshiped the sun god because the sunrise was something they couldn’t understand. Jesus was made up my the Roman’s. It’s a literal hoax. I don’t have faith in religion as I don’t in Santa Claus. I also believe those that have been programmed to believe in religion are weak and can be preprogrammed to do about anything you can convince them of.

Let’s not forget the Cesar’s who ruled the empire were gods… self claimed gods. Fuck that. I am now a god. Send me your money.
Technically speaking, yes. But realistically, muslim means terrorist.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

And an allah akabar to you