Blue's Kitchen tips

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster
Interests: boating, fishing, dating, travel, music, trivia, crossword puzzles, coffee, reading, photography, swimming, grilling, smoking, building

Blue's Kitchen tips

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

When smoking salmon, don't light the tail. It's hard to keep it lit.
I'm up early.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster
Interests: boating, fishing, dating, travel, music, trivia, crossword puzzles, coffee, reading, photography, swimming, grilling, smoking, building

Re: Blue's Kitchen tips

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

take the core out of a head of lettuce and put it in a gallon zip lock bag. It will stay fresh for weeks.
I'm up early.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I wish they would make refried beans in smaller cans like tomato sauce.
I'm up early.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Bluespruce1964 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:52 am I wish they would make refried beans in smaller cans like tomato sauce.
weird fact. "No Fat" refried beans, in the cheap can, taste the same as regular refried beans. i have no idea how they do that since the main ingredient in refried beans is bacon grease.

This------> Image
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Animal wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:43 am
Bluespruce1964 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:52 am I wish they would make refried beans in smaller cans like tomato sauce.
weird fact. "No Fat" refried beans, in the cheap can, taste the same as regular refried beans. i have no idea how they do that since the main ingredient in refried beans is bacon grease.

This------> Image
:lol: :lol: Funny as hell since it's the only refried beans I buy. Hard to beat at 98 cents a can.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Bluespruce1964 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:51 am take the core out of a head of lettuce and put it in a gallon zip lock bag. It will stay fresh for weeks.
Why would one want to save the core of a head of lettuce?
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

sorry - throw out the core and put the rest of the head in the bag.
I'm up early.
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

So the BF recently brought up how I don't cook. I reminded him how he acts when I cook, how his family makes jokes about my cooking, so why should I waste my time. He was like no no it's not like that.

I cooked for 4 days straight - my son liked everything. The Bf had complaints on every single thing. BY Thursday I was fucking done.

I'm really good at baking and doing breakfast, but I guess every other thing I make is flavorless, dry, too watery, or just blah. I'm fucking over it. We got together and he was the one that does the cooking. All my exes have done the cooking- like this is the way we met why the fuck are you expecting me to be like Rachel Ray all of a sudden. / end rant
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

It actually really hurts my feelings and makes me incredibly sad and deflated. Why should I even try if everything sucks??
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

disco.moon wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:06 am It actually really hurts my feelings and makes me incredibly sad and deflated. Why should I even try if everything sucks??
There is no gravity. The earth sucks.

And my ex and I had the same deal. I cooked and she did the dishes. She knew when I was pissed aboot something because I would make everything dirty. :lol:
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

stonedmegman wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:39 am
disco.moon wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:06 am It actually really hurts my feelings and makes me incredibly sad and deflated. Why should I even try if everything sucks??

And my ex and I had the same deal. I cooked and she did the dishes. She knew when I was pissed aboot something because I would make everything dirty. :lol:
I misread that said "There is no gravy" and thought maybe that's what's wrong with Disco's cooking.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Antknot wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:57 am
stonedmegman wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:39 am

I misread that said "There is no gravy" and thought maybe that's what's wrong with Disco's cooking.
Speaking of gravy I remember woohooguy going on aboot the canned stuff.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

Yeah.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

disco.moon wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:34 amYeah.
Most people who are food snobs can't tell the difference between the expensive stuff and the cheap stuff unless you show them while you make it. You will find several of them here.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

You deserve better.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Cyberhonky
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Cyberhonky »

disco.moon wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:02 am So the BF recently brought up how I don't cook. I reminded him how he acts when I cook, how his family makes jokes about my cooking, so why should I waste my time. He was like no no it's not like that.

I cooked for 4 days straight - my son liked everything. The Bf had complaints on every single thing. BY Thursday I was fucking done.

I'm really good at baking and doing breakfast, but I guess every other thing I make is flavorless, dry, too watery, or just blah. I'm fucking over it. We got together and he was the one that does the cooking. All my exes have done the cooking- like this is the way we met why the fuck are you expecting me to be like Rachel Ray all of a sudden. / end rant
So, I'm curious- what did you cook for those nights?
Vote for Pedro
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

disco.moon wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:02 am So the BF recently brought up how I don't cook. I reminded him how he acts when I cook, how his family makes jokes about my cooking, so why should I waste my time. He was like no no it's not like that.

can we all come over for breakfast?
I'm up early.
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

Cyberhonky wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:38 am

So, I'm curious- what did you cook for those nights?
So the first night was rubbed chicken with roasted veges (brocoli, Brussels, mushrooms and garlic) that was the only good night.

Then I did burgers which were too "hard" and dry with roasted taters, then I did taco salad - spices from the cabinet, not a packet and Spanish rice (from a box) and the meat wasn't flavorful enough and there was still some water in the rice (I think I misread the directions) 😑 then by Thursday night it was take out.

The BF is from an Italian family, they're food snobs. Also, I do not cook from a place of love - so there's that.
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

Bluespruce1964 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:53 pm

can we all come over for breakfast?
I do amazing breakfasts. Pancakes, French Toast, homemade hash browns, all the eggs, etc.
woohooguy
Forum God

Post by woohooguy »

You’re too beautiful to be in the kitchen.

Fact.
"stupid ass bitch ass bitch“
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

woohooguy wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:21 pm
You’re too beautiful to be in the kitchen.

Fact.
I've missed you the most.
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

The difference between a taco and a tostada is a box of broken taco shells on the markdown rack.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

disco.moon wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:02 pm
Then I did burgers which were too "hard" and dry with roasted taters, then I did taco salad - spices from the cabinet, not a packet and Spanish rice (from a box) and the meat wasn't flavorful enough and there was still some water in the rice (I think I misread the directions) 😑 then by Thursday night it was take out.
FFS
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

rule34 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:43 pm The difference between a taco and a tostada is a box of broken taco shells on the markdown rack.
:D
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.