Slugs Mating

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster
Interests: boating, fishing, dating, travel, music, trivia, crossword puzzles, coffee, reading, photography, swimming, grilling, smoking, building

Re: Slugs Mating

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:38 pm
Bluespruce1964 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:15 pm Image
I want to know if this is a condor nest
It was advertised as a bald eagle nest
I'm up early.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster
Interests: boating, fishing, dating, travel, music, trivia, crossword puzzles, coffee, reading, photography, swimming, grilling, smoking, building

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Bluespruce1964 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:19 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:38 pm
Bluespruce1964 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:15 pm Image
I want to know if this is a condor nest
It was advertised as a bald eagle nest
That doesn't make any sense. No way an eagle ( or a condor for that matter) could move those huge limbs on the outside. Plus, it's way too big for either. Plus they both put their nests way up high in trees or cliff faces as protection against predators. Not at ground level. I think it's part of the condor extremely endangered species project. Man made.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Bald eagle nests routinely reach 6' wide and 3' deep.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:43 am Bald eagle nests routinely reach 6' wide and 3' deep.
Like I said, it's man made (I won't even bring up it's on the ground) For Example >
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Bluespruce1964 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:22 am
In fact, here is the press release that came with this photo >
COLLEGE CORNER — Hueston Woods State Park has a new eagle nest display at its nature center. The display is meant to show the actual size of a bald eagle’s nest and has become a photo opportunity for park staff and visitors alike.

The nest was donated by Hueston Woods Visitors Bureau and was built entirely by the Cincinnati Museum Center.

The Museum Center designed the nest with input from Hueston Woods Naturalist Shawn Conner. He wanted the nest to look “as real as possible” when tourists were taking photos. He added that “obviously, we wanted it to be safe enough for people to be able to climb in and out of it and be durable enough that people can climb in and out of it and have it not take too much abuse.”

Conner explained, a common question posed to park staff is the size of an eagles nest, so they saw this as an opportunity to answer said question.

He said, “It was something else for people to see and do at the Nature Center. We always try to add new things from time to time, and to change things up and it was something new.”

He brought up the idea to the Visitors Bureau last year and over time they decided to reach out to the Museum Center to design the project.

There have been many local eagle sightings lately, and Conner admitted that was motivation for the project. He said, “We’ve had eagles nesting on the lake for six years and that certainly got the idea in our heads. A lot of people do ask about those eagles. You can’t really get to or see the real eagle nest, so we thought of this as a good replacement for people to see.”

At this point, there are no plaques around the nest, but it is housed at the Nature Center, which is the home of an actual bald eagle. They do plan to get “better signage” around the nest in the future.

The constructed eagle nest is similar to the size of one found in the wild. It is the “typical size” of a natural eagle nest, at six feet wide by three feet tall. Conner added, “not all eagle nests are that big, but some can be much larger.”

The nest is meant to be a tourist attraction. It is built to be able to hold people climbing in and out of it. It is reinforced with a steel frame, but has natural branches woven into it. It looks much like a real nest, but is significantly sturdier.

The inside of the nest is built differently than a real nest, according to Conner. There is a cargo net with mesh material over it to make it easier for visitors to sit inside it and maneuver around. The real nest would only be sticks and natural materials.

This is only an educational photo opportunity — the park does not want or expect any real eagles to nest in the constructed nest, Conner said.

Hueston Woods shared pictures of the nest on their Facebook page and the reaction to the new attraction has been positive. Conner admitted, there was some confusion regarding the nest. “The only real negative comments I saw at all were people who didn’t understand that it was a fake nest and thought we had taken an eagle nest out of a tree somewhere,” he said. “Once we explained that to them, they were fine with it as well.”
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by JCW »

Bluespruce1964 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:03 pm
10/10 would pick him up and bring him home if he asked me so politely like that.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

Bluespruce1964 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:27 am Image
What do you call two crows together?

Attempted murder.

I'll show myself out...
What if it was one guy with six guns?
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.