Politicial post something for no reason

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Re: Politicial post something for no reason

Post by disco.moon »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:27 pm "Centuries of slavery and generations of Jim Crow laws didnt destroy the black family. One generation of the welfare state did."

Fucking Thomas Sowell is an American treasure.

...but why? Why did welfare make the "black family unit" fall apart?
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Made fathers irrelevant. Going on welfare is a simple alternative to working out your shit. And not having to worry about who’s going to pay for the Popey’s.

Your son doesn’t starve so you have cash for crack and curb feelers.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

I would read the essay, "Black Rednecks and White Liberals" by Thomas Sowell.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

disco.moon wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:38 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:27 pm "Centuries of slavery and generations of Jim Crow laws didnt destroy the black family. One generation of the welfare state did."

First note: its not just the "black family unit", its all families who receive welfare. (Per capita percents, black families are hit the hardest; though in real numbers there are more whites stuck in this corrupted system. In fact, it is not uncommon for kids of these families to plan their futures around collecting welfare themselves (its what they know, what they grew up in)... Young girls often think of having a few kids one day with no father, so they can partake in the system --> which is horrific).

Now, the reason for this is actually a great example that the road to hell is paved in good intention. The system is designed helping women and children, so men generally are not included in any of it. In fact, many welfare systems require there be only a single parent (and when the system caters to women, guess who get the kids).
The Atlantic wrote:Based on decades-old stereotypes that single mothers are raising children alone and single dads are “deadbeats,” the majority of United States anti-poverty programs almost exclusively serve women and children, said Jacquelyn Boggess, co-director of the Center for Family Policy and Practice, a Wisconsin-based think tank that focuses on supporting low-income parents. The welfare system, as a result, can become a muddled mess of rearranging rather than relieving poverty.

The biggest flaw in current anti-poverty policies is that they don’t take into account the increasing role that fathers play in children’s lives, Berger said. As mothers go to work at higher rates, fathers are taking on more childrearing responsibilities. Even if parents are splitting the financial burden, though, only one parent can benefit from anti-poverty programs like SNAP or the earned-income tax credit. So, while mom gets help paying the bills, dad, who is oftentimes just as poor, is held responsible for his share of the costs.

cite
This is, of course, just a preview. Its actually a bit worse; but, this should help explain "why".
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Biker wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:06 pm
Cassandros wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:43 pm we should just say "fuck it" and invade Mexico.
Its not a bad idea. Get that country under control and allow Americans unfettered access to the gorgeous property there. I'm in
If we did that, we better go in with the intent of turning Mexico into a few new permanent States.

And not our usual boondoggle approach of 'regime change' so we have to deal with the problem again and again for decades to come.

Also, why stop at Mexico? We might as well conquer all of the America's and be done with all the Banana Republics we created in the 70's and 80's.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

B-Tender wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:48 pm I would read the essay, "Black Rednecks and White Liberals" by Thomas Sowell.
100%
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Cassandros wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:58 pm
Cassandros wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:43 pm we should just say "fuck it" and invade Mexico.
Its not a bad idea. Get that country under control and allow Americans unfettered access to the gorgeous property there. I'm in
If we did that, we better go in with the intent of turning Mexico into a few new permanent States.

And not our usual boondoggle approach of 'regime change' so we have to deal with the problem again and again for decades to come.

Also, why stop at Mexico? We might as well conquer all of the America's and be done with all the Banana Republics we created in the 70's and 80's.
We should really consider liberating Canada while we're at it
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Biker wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:18 pm
Cassandros wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:58 pm

We should really consider liberating Canada while we're at it
Oh, 4sure. If we are conquering despots, Trudeau fits the bill.

Its said the the evolution of government is to always grow and become more encompassing... And eventually there will be only one.

I would prefer that world government be ours over most the alternatives. Especial one created through unelected world bodies and treatise.
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

Cassandros wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:59 pm
B-Tender wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:48 pm I would read the essay, "Black Rednecks and White Liberals" by Thomas Sowell.
100%
Wow, thanks guys - I'm gonna Google that.

I've never really thought about it from that angle at all. - look on the real for alot of my childhood i was raised by that single mom - who i left at 17. It makes so much fucking sense though.
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

Cassandros wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:52 pm
disco.moon wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:38 pm

First note: its not just the "black family unit", its all families who receive welfare. (Per capita percents, black families are hit the hardest; though in real numbers there are more whites stuck in this corrupted system. In fact, it is not uncommon for kids of these families to plan their futures around collecting welfare themselves (its what they know, what they grew up in)... Young girls often think of having a few kids one day with no father, so they can partake in the system --> which is horrific).

Now, the reason for this is actually a great example that the road to hell is paved in good intention. The system is designed helping women and children, so men generally are not included in any of it. In fact, many welfare systems require there be only a single parent (and when the system caters to women, guess who get the kids).
The Atlantic wrote:Based on decades-old stereotypes that single mothers are raising children alone and single dads are “deadbeats,” the majority of United States anti-poverty programs almost exclusively serve women and children, said Jacquelyn Boggess, co-director of the Center for Family Policy and Practice, a Wisconsin-based think tank that focuses on supporting low-income parents. The welfare system, as a result, can become a muddled mess of rearranging rather than relieving poverty.

The biggest flaw in current anti-poverty policies is that they don’t take into account the increasing role that fathers play in children’s lives, Berger said. As mothers go to work at higher rates, fathers are taking on more childrearing responsibilities. Even if parents are splitting the financial burden, though, only one parent can benefit from anti-poverty programs like SNAP or the earned-income tax credit. So, while mom gets help paying the bills, dad, who is oftentimes just as poor, is held responsible for his share of the costs.

cite
This is, of course, just a preview. Its actually a bit worse; but, this should help explain "why".
I watched that video earlier. I'll check out that article. This recent one describes my high school town exactly.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... pt/673581/]

I'm not as good at sharing links :oops:
Biker

Post by Biker »

saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

"Bullshit misdemeanor from a hoax" LOL
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Ricrude
No life apart from this stupid forum board
Interests: Drinking, gambling, running around with the wrong crowd, pranks...typical UJ stuff.

Post by Ricrude »

It is absolutely amazing that some people survive walking out of their homes...fo reelz!
Biker

Post by Biker »

disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

Biker wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:43 pm Image
I don't understand either of these.
Biker

Post by Biker »

disco.moon wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:11 pm
I wish you could see the surprise on my face right now
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

Biker wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:47 pm
disco.moon wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:11 pm
I wish you could see the surprise on my face right now
Me too :(
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Cool. Now look up which party controlled the spending during those years. Congress sets spending; not the POTUS. Weird how the deficit went down when R's controlled the spending. What do you think happened in 2020 that might have caused that big spike? Dont misunderstand me... I think the R's overspend as well. Theyre just "less bad" at it than the D's.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Ricrude
Interests: Drinking, gambling, running around with the wrong crowd, pranks...typical UJ stuff.

Post by Ricrude »

Bill Maher...

Describes himself as a libertarian. “The line I’ve always used is, I would be a Republican if they would. Which means that I like the Barry Goldwater Republican Party, even the Reagan Republican Party. I want a mean old man to watch my money… government is a sieve that takes as much money as it can and gives it away, usually needlessly,” he told Rolling Stone.
It is absolutely amazing that some people survive walking out of their homes...fo reelz!
Biker

Post by Biker »

saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Biker wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:08 pm Image
Diversity causes inflation? Neat.
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »

Biker

Post by Biker »

saltydog wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:27 pm
Biker wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:08 pm Image
Diversity causes inflation? Neat.
Thats what your simple mind took from that? I suppose I'm not surprised
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »