This stat is just fucking crazy!

Other people doing physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

This stat is just fucking crazy!

Post by Reservoir Dog »

The San Diego Padres finished the regular season 22 games back in the NL West.

The San Diego Padres are in the playoffs.

22 games back in their own division and they're a playoff team!

Fuckin' crazy.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Re: This stat is just fucking crazy!

Post by Reservoir Dog »

BigRedRetard wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:22 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:41 pm The San Diego Padres finished the regular season 22 games back in the NL West.

Fuckin' crazy.
That is awful. Baseball sounds like hockey!
Hockey doesn't track "games back". It uses a points system.
So you would say, "The Dallas Stars finished the season 22 points back and made the playoffs".
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:41 pm The San Diego Padres finished the regular season 22 games back in the NL West.

Fuckin' crazy.
What's crazy is how many crappy teams there has to have been in the NL for the Padres to make it. And not even the worst team to make it record-wise.

P.S. And of course the Dodgers set a team record for wins at 111, the most since Seattle in 2001.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

FSchmertz wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:49 pm

Fuckin' crazy.
What's crazy is how many crappy teams there has to have been in the NL for the Padres to make it. And not even the worst team to make it record-wise.
Well, to be fair... the Padres would have made the playoffs in the AL as well.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

You can blame it all on Bud Selig, Commissioner of Baseball from 1992-2015. He's the one that introduced the expanded wild card format. Also the idiot that decided it was a good idea to have the winner of the All Star game (AL-NL) have the home field advantage during the World Series. That idea was thrown on the trash heap not long after.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:19 pm You can blame it all on Bud Selig, Commissioner of Baseball from 1992-2015. He's the one that introduced the expanded wild card format. Also the idiot that decided it was a good idea to have the winner of the All Star game (AL-NL) have the home field advantage during the World Series. That idea was thrown on the trash heap not long after.
He added 1 team in each league. I really don't think that destroyed baseball, you dumb fuck.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

This is really just about how crazy a season the Dodgers had.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

B-Tender wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:01 pm This is really just about how crazy a season the Dodgers had.
Well... yeah. Mostly.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:19 pm You can blame it all on Bud Selig, Commissioner of Baseball from 1992-2015. He's the one that introduced the expanded wild card format. Also the idiot that decided it was a good idea to have the winner of the All Star game (AL-NL) have the home field advantage during the World Series. That idea was thrown on the trash heap not long after.
Sorry vaseline brain, sports people are talking here.

Go back to GD, or work if you have a job.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:30 pm
He added 1 team in each league. I really don't think that destroyed baseball, you dumb fuck.
Fucking daily Retard. From Wiki/
Realignment of teams into three divisions per league, and the introduction of playoff wild card teams: one per league starting in 1994, and two per league starting in 2012
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:00 pm
Realignment of teams into three divisions per league, and the introduction of playoff wild card teams: one per league starting in 1994, and two per league starting in 2012
Thank you for validating what I posted.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CTC might not realize that Texas High School football brings the top 4 teams from every district into the playoffs at the end of the year. And there's only about 9 teams in each district to begin with.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:00 pm
I'll try to explain this as simply as I can so even you might be able to understand it.

He added 1 playoff team per league in 1994. It stayed that way for 18 years.
It didn't ruin baseball. If anything, it made the playoff races more exciting.

In 2012 he added 1 more playoff team per league. (not 2 as you posted)
In 2011, 4 teams in each league made the playoffs.
In 2012, 5 teams in each league made the playoffs.(that's 1 more per league, not 2 as you posted)
It didn't ruin baseball. If anything, it made the playoff races more exciting.

Fuck, you're dumb.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:10 pm CTC might not realize that Texas High School football brings the top 4 teams from every district into the playoffs at the end of the year. And there's only about 9 teams in each district to begin with.
It's a lots worse than that out in W Texas, especially in the smaller schools. Some districts only have 5 schools. Had a team out there make the playoffs with out a single win.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:45 pm
Animal wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:10 pm CTC might not realize that Texas High School football brings the top 4 teams from every district into the playoffs at the end of the year. And there's only about 9 teams in each district to begin with.
It's a lots worse than that out in W Texas, especially in the smaller schools. Some districts only have 5 schools. Had a team out there make the playoffs with out a single win.
the district games are basically like pre-season. the playoffs are just a tournament to see who wins.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Fuckin' crazy.
Hey, fuck off! You ain't t killing my vibe. They still finished above the Phillies.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:49 pm
the district games are basically like pre-season. the playoffs are just a tournament to see who wins.
An expanded playoff system was a good idea, it was just that someone forgot to check out the population/enrollment problem out there. And you wouldn't believe the distances involved in some away games out there.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

B-Tender wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:01 pm This is really just about how crazy a season the Dodgers had.
FTD too!
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:55 pm
An expanded playoff system was a good idea, it was just that someone forgot to check out the population/enrollment problem out there. And you wouldn't believe the distances involved in some away games out there.
the truth is that some playoff games end up costing the teams more money in travel expenses than they get from the gate. which is exactly the opposite of the point of it all.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:08 pm
the truth is that some playoff games end up costing the teams more money in travel expenses than they get from the gate. which is exactly the opposite of the point of it all.
Actually on the distances involved, I was referring mainly to non-playoff games. They usually try to find a mid-point city for playoff games. For about 3-4 years Iraan had an El Paso team in their District. Almost 600 miles round trip. Buses wouldn't get back until around 5AM. And BTW, you stated "CTC may not realize that Texas HS football"? I can pretty much guarantee that there isn't a person around that has attended more HS football games than I have over the last 20+ years. You wouldn't believe how many and where I've traveled.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Do you work the showers there too?
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:34 pm
Actually on the distances involved, I was referring mainly to non-playoff games. They usually try to find a mid-point city for playoff games. For about 3-4 years Iraan had an El Paso team in their District. Almost 600 miles round trip. Buses wouldn't get back until around 5AM. And BTW, you stated "CTC may not realize that Texas HS football"? I can pretty much guarantee that there isn't a person around that has attended more HS football games than I have over the last 20+ years. You wouldn't believe how many and where I've traveled.
Does your BS bluster never end?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:03 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:34 pm
Does your BS bluster never end?
Talk about a blathering, drooling retard. Daily
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:35 pm I'vE TRaVelLEd ThOuSanDS oF MIleS tO wATcH hIGh sCHoOlL fOOtbALl GaMEs 1!111!1
:lol: :lol: :lol:
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:50 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:35 pm I'vE TRaVelLEd ThOuSanDS oF MIleS tO wATcH hIGh sCHoOlL fOOtbALl GaMEs 1!111!1
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't remember the exact year. Say 2006 or 7. Went to 7 away games (4 non-playoffs and 3 playoffs). 4 of those were in the Lubbock area. That's 200 miles one way- 400 round trip- that's 800 miles. I'll just guess the other 3 were over 200 miles round trip. That's over 1,000 miles. Times almost 20 years- I'll let you do the math ******* Never mind. Keep forgetting you can blather and drool but can't math.