Astros

Other people doing physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Re: Astros

Post by Burn1dwn »

saltydog wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:07 am

It's known that Sandy Koufax was tipping his pitches for a few years before someone mentioned it to him at an All Star Game.
That was nice of them. Eduardo Perez waited until after Randy Johnson retired before telling him about tipping his slider. He hit over .300 with 4 home runs against him.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:20 am And BTW, I didn't see the Diaz HBP because I went to bed once I realized it was going to extra innings but yeah that is bush league crap.
You should ask a real Astros fan about it, I'm sure they saw it.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Burn1dwn wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:31 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:20 am And BTW, I didn't see the Diaz HBP because I went to bed once I realized it was going to extra innings but yeah that is bush league crap.
Bottom of the 9th
Tie game
Houston at bat
Houston has a runner in scoring position...

CTC: "Meh, I'm going to bed."
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:40 pm
Bottom of the 9th
Tie game
Houston at bat

Wrong Homer. Phillies scored in the top of the 10th (That's when I knew I was going to bed- the thing could last many innings and I had an appointment). The Diaz thing happened in the bottom of the 10th and in fact was the last out of the game. At least get your facts straight.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:03 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:40 pm
Bottom of the 9th
Tie game
Houston at bat

Wrong Homer. Phillies scored in the top of the 10th (That's when I knew I was going to bed- the thing could last many innings and I had an appointment). The Diaz thing happened in the bottom of the 10th and in fact was the last out of the game. At least get your facts straight.
"I went to bed once I realized it was going to extra innings"
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

I had an early appointment dumb fuck. Doesn't matter starting today. My cable went away and I won't be watching any more World Series games. Just the highlights.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:13 pm I had an early appointment dumb fuck. Doesn't matter starting today. My cable went away and I won't be watching any more World Series games. Just the highlights.
No cable/wifi bundle?

Too bad.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:13 pm I had an early appointment dumb fuck. Doesn't matter starting today. My cable went away and I won't be watching any more World Series games. Just the highlights.
You posted a while ago that you get free cable and internet with your apartment.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

So you realized the game was going to extra innings while you were watching the 10th inning. Got it.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:19 pm
You posted a while ago that you get free cable and internet with your apartment.
And that ended today. Other than football, my TV is a dark blank screen 23 hours day and I'm not paying $75/ month for that privilege. Paying for my internet now, that's always worth it. Looking at some YouTubeTV type services to get me through the Super Bowl.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

you don't have to have cable to watch it tonight. its on channel
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:02 am you don't have to have cable to watch it tonight. its on channel
Exactly. Hell I only need 5 channels to watch the WS and every important College and NFL football games through the SB. NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox and ESPN. And don't suggest those TV antennae- I'm 60 miles from San Antonio.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

And tonight's World Series game is cancelled due to weather. See, I don't have cable anymore but caught it first. :lol: :lol:
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:24 am And tonight's World Series game is cancelled due to weather. See, I don't have cable anymore but caught it first. :lol: :lol:
Now you have even more free time to drive hundreds of miles to watch boys play football.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

saltydog wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:49 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:24 am And tonight's World Series game is cancelled due to weather. See, I don't have cable anymore but caught it first. :lol: :lol:
Now you have even more free time to drive hundreds of miles to watch boys play football.
Where you come from I thought that was called Cruising for Dates.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:17 pm I'm watching the game tonight. I will say this, if I see even one SJW Political BLM BS tonight, I will never watch the NFL ever again and they will have signed their death warrant. People watch for Sports as entertainment, not political BS. They have no clue. Goodbye massive salaries. Shit on the golden goose.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:54 pm
And that ended today. Other than football, my TV is a dark blank screen 23 hours day and I'm not paying $75/ month for that privilege. Paying for my internet now, that's always worth it. Looking at some YouTubeTV type services to get me through the Super Bowl.
Get the Dofu sports app. It's free and you can watch just about any sport on it.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:46 am
saltydog wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:49 am
Where you come from I thought that was called Cruising for Dates.
Interesting assumption from someone who can't even keep their cable bill going.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:01 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:54 pm
Get the Dofu sports app. It's free and you can watch just about any sport on it.
This looks great. I'll check it out. Appreciate it.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Any side bets on how the cheating Astros are going to cheat tonight?

I'm feeling a little nostalgic, so I'll go with either sandpaper or pine tar.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:19 pm Any side bets on how the cheating Astros are going to cheat tonight?

Well, since you seem all interested, I'll bet you nail them for having their plastic on deck circle area 2 inches too close to home base.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:53 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:19 pm Any side bets on how the cheating Astros are going to cheat tonight?

Well, since you seem all interested, I'll bet you nail them for having their plastic on deck circle area 2 inches too close to home base.
If it's against the rules, I'm sure they will.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

I got it. Non-regulation base runner hand mittens.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:16 pm I got it. Non-regulation base runner hand mittens.
Says the guy who had to ask what a sliding glove was for. :lol:
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Wrong colored shoestrings