Who's next? Blockfi? Coinbase? Binance?

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

squirt
More Anal, Less Shenanigans
Interests: sleep

Who's next? Blockfi? Coinbase? Binance?

Post by squirt »

I was thinking Binance, but maybe Blockfi before that.

If there's already a thread about it, merge this one I guess.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Who's next? Blockfi? Coinbase? Binance?

Post by Animal »

i saw a show a while back, maybe on 60 minutes, where some guy had gone into a town in central america (or somewhere) and he had somehow talked the entire town into converting 100% over to bitcoin. Every single transaction of anything done within that town has to be done with bitcoins. I think everyone had some kind of app on their phone that held their bitcoins and they could buy and sell them from their phones to trade with other people for food or gas or whatever.

I wonder how that town is doing.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Animal wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:58 am i saw a show a while back, maybe on 60 minutes, where some guy had gone into a town in central america (or somewhere) and he had somehow talked the entire town into converting 100% over to bitcoin. Every single transaction of anything done within that town has to be done with bitcoins. I think everyone had some kind of app on their phone that held their bitcoins and they could buy and sell them from their phones to trade with other people for food or gas or whatever.

The president of El Salvador made it an official currency and was buying it up.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
squirt

Post by squirt »

Animal wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:58 am i saw a show a while back, maybe on 60 minutes, where some guy had gone into a town in central america (or somewhere) and he had somehow talked the entire town into converting 100% over to bitcoin. Every single transaction of anything done within that town has to be done with bitcoins. I think everyone had some kind of app on their phone that held their bitcoins and they could buy and sell them from their phones to trade with other people for food or gas or whatever.

Perhaps El Salvador?

But that was not my question.

I think crypto is a house of cards. But I'm sure I'll be wrong in 20 years.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

squirt wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:02 am

Perhaps El Salvador?

i agree about the house of cards. but i have stayed away from an opinion because I honestly don't understand it.
squirt

Post by squirt »

Animal wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:05 am

Perhaps El Salvador?

i agree about the house of cards. but i have stayed away from an opinion because I honestly don't understand it.
Yeah, I get that. If you're so inclined, the Rational Reminder podcast did a series on crypto that's quite interesting. And Ben and Cameron are in no way crypto fan boys.

saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Perhaps El Salvador?

:shocked:
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:04 pm

Perhaps El Salvador?

:shocked:
Unlike you and your "court packing" opinion. :lol:
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Perhaps El Salvador?
Last thing we need is more Salvadoran migrants making their way here
nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

squirt wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:43 am I was thinking Binance, but maybe Blockfi before that.

Nova just did an episode on crypto currency last week. Available on their website or stream it on the app

https://www.pbs.org/video/crypto-decoded-eqvni3/
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

nerd_alert wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:10 pm
squirt wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:43 am I was thinking Binance, but maybe Blockfi before that.

Nova just did an episode on crypto currency last week. Available on their website or stream it on the app

Isn't that the company that tried to make Johnny 5 a war machine?
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
squirt

Post by squirt »

BigRedRetard wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:02 pm If it sounds too good to be true...
It's a gamble for sure, and I don't gamble.
squirt

Post by squirt »

nerd_alert wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:10 pm

I'll have a look-see
woohooguy
Forum God

Post by woohooguy »

The FTX collapse opens the door for US regulators to start overseeing crypto and that will invoke more IRS tracking and enforcement.

All crypto will continue to take a hit with the bottom being regulators roll it under the SEC for US based traders and holders, then the SEC will allow every major bank to skullfuck every small investor out of their savings.

Mission accomplished.
"stupid ass bitch ass bitch“
kwebber
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by kwebber »

I can't remember who the UJer was years ago who was all about Bitcoin. Telling everyone they should get into it. It was like $350 per Bitcoin at the time. At the time I had no idea how you bought it, or what it was good for, so I passed. It dropped to the $150 range and everyone poo poo'd it. Then it shot up to like $1000 or something. The rest is history. We all know hindsight is 50 - 50. I could give my opinion of where I think it's going, but then I would probably end up looking like a dumbass once again.
Currently AFK.
squirt

Post by squirt »

kwebber wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:57 am I can't remember who the UJer was years ago who was all about Bitcoin. Telling everyone they should get into it. It was like $350 per Bitcoin at the time. At the time I had no idea how you bought it, or what it was good for, so I passed. It dropped to the $150 range and everyone poo poo'd it. Then it shot up to like $1000 or something. The rest is history. We all know hindsight is 50 - 50. I could give my opinion of where I think it's going, but then I would probably end up looking like a dumbass once again.
Selectivecoal was the first one I remember talking about bitcoin. That had to be 12-ish years ago.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

squirt wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:30 pm
kwebber wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:57 am I can't remember who the UJer was years ago who was all about Bitcoin. Telling everyone they should get into it. It was like $350 per Bitcoin at the time. At the time I had no idea how you bought it, or what it was good for, so I passed. It dropped to the $150 range and everyone poo poo'd it. Then it shot up to like $1000 or something. The rest is history. We all know hindsight is 50 - 50. I could give my opinion of where I think it's going, but then I would probably end up looking like a dumbass once again.
Selectivecoal was the first one I remember talking about bitcoin. That had to be 12-ish years ago.
He certainly loved his MLM schemes.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

William Jennings Bryan needs to be resurrected.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

saltydog wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:12 pm William Jennings Bryan needs to be resurrected.
"Cross of Gold". Hey wait, I didn't think you thought highly of things religious.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:29 pm
saltydog wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:12 pm William Jennings Bryan needs to be resurrected.
"Cross of Gold". Hey wait, I didn't think you thought highly of things religious.
Calm down Mabel.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

squirt wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:30 pm
IIRC Heat dabbled with it also.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES