Nikki Haley 2024

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Re: Nikki Haley 2024

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Biker wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:51 pm
saltydog wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:02 pm
Antknot wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:52 pm I think first they had to have to pass the same test that Africans take to become a naturalized citizen.
Like be slaves for a few generations?
All of humanity has been enslaved at some point in time, buttercup
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Ricrude
No life apart from this stupid forum board
Interests: Drinking, gambling, running around with the wrong crowd, pranks...typical UJ stuff.

Post by Ricrude »

FSchmertz wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:27 pm
Biker wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:10 pm
Antknot wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:52 pm I think first they had to have to pass the same test that Africans take to become a naturalized citizen.
I bet half of Congress would fail that exam
Though to be fair, I'm thinking something like 75% of U.S. citizens would fail it too.
They need to bring back civics in the schools...
It is absolutely amazing that some people survive walking out of their homes...fo reelz!
Ricrude
Interests: Drinking, gambling, running around with the wrong crowd, pranks...typical UJ stuff.

Post by Ricrude »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 946&ei=125

Washington Examiner
Nikki Haley's "charm, backbone, and relatability" are making headway with voters
Opinion by Salena Zito

16h

SALEM, New Hampshire — Jim Merrill, a respected, seasoned pro in New Hampshire Republican politics, said when he walked into the Salem-Derry Elks Club in the early days of the presidential campaign this spring, he was impressed with the number of people Nikki Haley, the former ambassador to the United Nations and South Carolina governor, drew to her event.

“It was packed, probably over 250 people, and I thought OK, there's no campaign infrastructure yet, but she's getting a good turnout and that is pretty impressive,” Merrill said. He is not working with any campaign this cycle, nor has he endorsed a candidate.

Since then, Merrill said he has seen her in people’s living rooms, doing round tables with small businesses, and in a variety of other settings, which is important in a primary state that has the intimacy of a congressional race.

Merrill says what strikes him most about her approach is that she is aspirational in her messaging, yet has the experience not to wear rose-colored glasses in explaining the country's current situation.

“I think she's kind of found this interesting niche where she's obviously not all doom and gloom but she's not just all like, 'Don't worry, be happy,’” Merrill explained.

Merrill said the best way to explain how voters are reacting to her was how she comes across as well grounded.

“She's relatable," he explained. "She's tough. She's charming. But there's a steel there too. I think people realize they're not just dealing with someone who doesn't have a backbone.”

In the hours before the second Fox News debate, this one set at the Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California, Haley has found herself gaining ground here in the Granite State. She has moved into second place behind former President Donald Trump, with 15% support.

St. Anselm College polling shows she holds a 37-point net positive favorability (65%-28%), second only to Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC), something pollster Neil Levesque suggests means she has room to grow her support.

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL), who spends the bulk of his time in Iowa, has seen his support here decline by 18 points since March and now trails Haley with 11% support.

Merrill said the substance she displays at these events is finding a way to thread a needle with New Hampshire voters: “Pay attention to that because when a candidate finds that message, that purpose that strikes a nerve with voters, no matter how far behind they are, things can move quickly."

In 2007 when then-senator Barack Obama was bucking the Washington Democratic establishment and the apparent inevitability that was then-senator from New York Hillary Clinton’s candidacy, he flailed for a very long time, until suddenly he didn’t.

“Hope and change,” Merrill said bluntly. “That cause, that drawing people together, pretty much changed the trajectory of that campaign.”

In an interview with the Washington Examiner, Haley said she has been consistent with her message and believes it is striking the right tone with voters.

“Stronger and faster from the very beginning,” she said with a broad smile, adding she may have subconsciously been running with that theme all of her professional career, which began when her mom told her if she wanted to see a change in government, she should stop shouting in the wind and do something about it.

“I had complained to my mom, in our family business, about how hard it was to make a dollar and how easy it was for government to take it and my mom to my great surprise said quit complaining about it and do something about it,” she explained.

Haley said she was so politically green she didn’t know she wasn't supposed to run against a third-year incumbent in a primary. “I truly didn't. And ignorance is bliss because once I realized he was related to half the district, the only option was to win.”

Haley explained that her husband Michael got in the driver's seat, she got in the passenger seat, they put their two little ones in the back seat, and she started knocking on doors.

“I basically said, ‘Look, no disrespect to the incumbent, but I think we have way too many lawyers at the state house and they need a really good accountant.’ And we were off to the races, but I had not been politically active in school or outside of that or anything at all. It was just feeling like it was a problem and I needed to go in there and fix it for myself,” she said.

A couple of decades later, with no disrespect to former President Trump, whom many voters view as the Republican incumbent, she is running again, only this time for a much bigger office in a much bigger arena, a race her husband Michael encouraged her to enter.

Haley explained her husband, a major in the South Carolina National Guard who recently left for a year-long deployment to Djibouti in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, was the last person she saw and talked to before she walked onstage to make the announcement.

“He's just always been home base for me. When I'm going through something it's always good to talk with him about things,” she said, adding, “He's also one that kind of keeps me levelheaded. He makes sure that I don't take something too far, or he makes sure that I stay true to who I am, and he keeps me grounded.”

If she is successful in the primary contest she would be the first Gen X presidential candidate and first female Republican presidential nominee. Right now, though, she said she is focusing on the task at hand, winning the primary.

Merrill said what makes Haley appealing to New Hampshire voters is that she has governing experience and she is not hesitant to call out or stand up to the Democratic or Republican status quo.

“I think she's hitting different people in different ways. They want someone tough, they want someone empathetic, they want someone willing to rumble, and they want someone who can reach their hand out,” explained Merrill.

During the last debate in Milwaukee late last month, Haley and DeSantis were the favorites among the 60 or so voters watching the debate at a western Pennsylvania tavern. They had all voted for Trump but were eager to move on. Her answers on abortion and foreign policy earned her their support.

Merrill said while Trump remains the hands-down favorite in the Granite State right now, he warns political junkies that we are nowhere near the January finish line here.

“There are so many twists and turns that can happen between now and then, January is a lifetime away in American politics,” he said.

“There's evidence that people are interested in her, last night after the St. Anselm’s survey came out showing her at 15. I got a text from a woman I know who runs an antique store in downtown Manchester who had reached out to me a few months ago saying if I heard Tim Scott was coming to the state she’d love to go,” he said.

After the woman's fruitless attempt to reach the Scott campaign, Merrill said, nothing came of it.

“And then out of the blue she called me last night and said, ‘Hey, if there's anything with Nikki Haley, I'd love to go see Nikki Haley,’” he said.

Merrill said this is anecdotal but noteworthy. “It not only shows that Haley is making headway, it serves as a reminder, voters change their mind and who is leading today might not be leading three months from now.”
It is absolutely amazing that some people survive walking out of their homes...fo reelz!
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

DeSantis is still my guy but I wouldnt hate having her on the top of the ticket. She is a pure politician, which is certainly a thing I dont like, but I tell you the R's could do a lot worse.
She would give The Left fits.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:13 pm DeSantis is still my guy but I wouldnt hate having her on the top of the ticket. She is a pure politician, which is certainly a thing I dont like, but I tell you the R's could do a lot worse.
She would only be the nominee if she were endorsed by Trump. Good luck with that.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

saltydog wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:22 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:13 pm DeSantis is still my guy but I wouldnt hate having her on the top of the ticket. She is a pure politician, which is certainly a thing I dont like, but I tell you the R's could do a lot worse.
She would only be the nominee if she were endorsed by Trump. Good luck with that.
The GOP is not going to nominate a woman unless Trump is in jail and they're 30 points back in the polls and they need all the wimmin's votes.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »

saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Whoops.

She's not the only one trying to pin this on Biden. This is the GOP playbook on the nose. Too bad they're finally getting called out on it.

The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

As much as I like them not taking this BS from the Rethugs, those tweets lately have been the worst-written mess I've ever seen. I'd be embarrassed to have them attributed to me.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

"Even the Secretary of State..."

Wow, a member of the Shit Show Administrations cabinet defended Shit Show? Shocker!

Well done Occupy Democrats! :lol:
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

saltydog wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:45 pm Whoops.

She's not the only one trying to pin this on Biden. This is the GOP playbook on the nose. Too bad they're finally getting called out on it.

money not spent…only used for humanitarian…
What about the money that would’ve been spent for humanitarian aid been diverted to Hamas? Didn’t address that.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Antknot wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:45 am

What about the money that would’ve been spent for humanitarian aid been diverted to Hamas? Didn’t address that.
I swear the entire Left cant help but be disingenuous. Basically, they used other money because they knew they had 6 billion more coming.

Former State Department Advisor Decimates Biden Team Excuses About the $6 Billion for Iran
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/10 ... n-n2164823
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

It’s the same sleight-of-hand the lottery for education scam is. Everybody that voted for the lottery thought the funds would be in addition to education spending when it turns out that they replaced education spending and let those funds go to other stuff that wasn’t what the voters wanted.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

The money has not been released to Iran.

Too bad the GullibleOP won't be told the truth by their representatives.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

saltydog wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:12 pm The money has not been released to Iran.

Didnt read the link, eh?
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:03 pm
saltydog wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:12 pm The money has not been released to Iran.

Didnt read the link, eh?
Why bother? You have your own versions of the truth.

Good luck with Gym Jordan by the way.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

saltydog wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:11 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:03 pm

Didnt read the link, eh?
Why bother? You have your own versions of the truth.

Good luck with Gym Jordan by the way.
That you for proving that you are basically unwilling to seek out or view anything other than your own viewpoint.
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:23 am
Antknot wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:45 am

I swear the entire Left cant help but be disingenuous. Basically, they used other money because they knew they had 6 billion more coming.

Former State Department Advisor Decimates Biden Team Excuses About the $6 Billion for Iran
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/10 ... n-n2164823
Kinda thought there was a way they may do that...
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:11 pm Good luck with Gym Jordan by the way.
is the democratic vote for "chaos" over what's best for government finally beginning to sink in? Just wait. Its going to get better.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:32 pm
saltydog wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:11 pm Good luck with Gym Jordan by the way.
is the democratic vote for "chaos" over what's best for government finally beginning to sink in? Just wait. Its going to get better.
Well, considering the fate of the last 5-6 GOP House leaders, Jordan seems to fit quite nicely.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Democrats:
MAGA IS EVIL AND A THREAT TO DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!1111

Also Democrats:
Hey lets vote unanimously with the MAGA wing!

:rollingyellow:
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:02 pm Democrats:

Also Democrats:

Awww... A vote initiated by the very MAGA wing you flaccidly condemn didn't work out for the GOP.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

saltydog wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:41 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:02 pm Democrats:

Also Democrats:

Awww... A vote initiated by the very MAGA wing you flaccidly condemn didn't work out for the GOP.
I condemn that action but in many ways I agree with a lot of their thoughts.
Tighter border?
Single issue votes and not multiple things lumped into gigantic packages?
America first?
Election integrity via voter ID?
America is not the worlds policeman?
Tough on China?

I'm not sure how anyone could disagree with those.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Salty only believes in the MAGA way when it comes to electing a Speaker of the House.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:13 pm Salty only believes in the MAGA way when it comes to electing a Speaker of the House.
McCarthy negotiated the rule that was used against him. By the MAGA Caucus.

Democrats decided that double talking Kevin wasn't worth it. After he needed Dems knowing it could lead to this.

Stop being a moron.