Space stuff

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Space stuff

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:38 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:34 pm
Camera embedded in the upper lander. Those weren't even processed and released to the public until after Apollo 11 returned to Earth.
You do know that it was 1969 and cameras still used film, right???
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:34 pm Now show me the camera video footage of the main ship in orbit. That's right, there won't be because of the reasons I've already mentioned.
you simply have no idea what you are talking about.

This guy explains it. Even though he is a mush mouth that talks like his lips are taped together and I can't understand the end of any sentence that he speaks.

rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

Might want to keep an eye out for falling objects, they lost it on reentry.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

rule34 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:48 pm Might want to keep an eye out for falling objects, they lost it on reentry.
yeah. They first lost the booster rocket less than 1 km from landing. Then they lost the main rocket about the time it was in its hottest part of re-entry.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

And the space craft and booster didn't make it through the mission. I'm starting to get the feeling Animal is bad luck on any of these. He mentions them and like 5 minutes later-disaster.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:05 am And the space craft and booster didn't make it through the mission. I'm starting to get the feeling Animal is bad luck on any of these. He mentions them and like 5 minutes later-disaster.
look, you fucking moran. when i first posted this update, both had already been lost, which i said in my very clearly and well thought out description of the historic events of the day. this is egyptian pyramid level human achievement. This rocket is basically a modern day wonder of the world.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

and stick to not understanding how cameras work. you are much more qualified on that subject.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Space feelings seems to have been hurt. I miss Who
Last edited by CentralTexasCrude on Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:12 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:05 am And the space craft and booster didn't make it through the mission. I'm starting to get the feeling Animal is bad luck on any of these. He mentions them and like 5 minutes later-disaster.
look, you fucking moran. when i first posted this update, both had already been lost, which i said in my very clearly and well thought out description of the historic events of the day. this is egyptian pyramid level human achievement. This rocket is basically a modern day wonder of the world.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

In other space news, some of you (lol) might be aware that Voyager 1 is still alive and is now about 15 billion miles away and well outside of our Sun's bubble. Anyway, they haven't gotten any kind of usable data from that ship in a while. However, they recently "poked" it, or sent it some commands as they try to correct the glitch. They got back some data that was still scrambled, but this time different. Different to the point that some smart SOB decoded it. So, they may restore the communication and start getting more science back from it.

In other news, Voyager 2 is about 12.5 billion miles away now.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:12 am
Well done! :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

stonedmegman wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:30 pm Image
There you go. I kept hearing that the SpaceX rocket was the most powerful ever built- heaviest capacity. I was was like "No way". Saturn V that launched the Apollos to the Moon was by far. Then I see it. The Saturn had like 3 engines this one has 32 smaller ones. Brilliant- more lift and more redundancy in case of some malfunction. All I know is don't let Animal comment on any anything space related or it's liable to blow up in the factory or crater even in the planning stages. Like a bad luck charm.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:57 am
There you go. I kept hearing that the SpaceX rocket was the most powerful ever built- heaviest capacity. I was was like "No way". Saturn V that launched the Apollos to the Moon was by far. Then I see it. The Saturn had like 3 engines this one has 32 smaller ones. Brilliant- more lift and more redundancy in case of some malfunction. All I know is don't let Animal comment on any anything space related or it's liable to blow up in the factory or crater even in the planning stages. Like a bad luck charm.
The three stages of the Saturn V rocket had a total of 11 engines. Five in the first stage five in the second stage one and the third stage. The engines in the second and third stage were the same the first stage were different. You can wiki it if you want specifics
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

The three stages of the Saturn V rocket had a total of 11 engines. Five in the first stage five in the second stage one and the third stage. The engines in the second and third stage were the same the first stage were different. You can wiki it if you want specifics
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

It's Back! Voyager Is Making Sense Again After Months of Gibberish

https://www.sciencealert.com/its-back-v ... -gibberish
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

stonedmegman wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:59 am It's Back! Voyager Is Making Sense Again After Months of Gibberish

i heard this on the news this morning. 15 billion miles away. That's 5 times farther away than Pluto is. They said that it takes 22 hours for a communication to be sent or received at that distance.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Animal wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:21 pm
stonedmegman wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:59 am It's Back! Voyager Is Making Sense Again After Months of Gibberish

i heard this on the news this morning. 15 billion miles away. That's 5 times farther away than Pluto is. They said that it takes 22 hours for a communication to be sent or received at that distance.
On a sad note, at the end of the article they said that the batteries would die out sometime in 2025 and it would just drift through space assumingly forever.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

stonedmegman wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:13 pm

On a sad note, at the end of the article they said that the batteries would die out sometime in 2025 and it would just drift through space assumingly forever.
on an unsad note. i have been hearing stories about how this thing was on its last leg for 20 years or more. Everybody keeps talking about when its going to end and every time somebody figures out a way to revamp something. maybe they are just lying to us about it still communicating with them.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:53 pm
stonedmegman wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:13 pm

on an unsad note. i have been hearing stories about how this thing was on its last leg for 20 years or more. Everybody keeps talking about when its going to end and every time somebody figures out a way to revamp something. maybe they are just lying to us about it still communicating with them.
Superior technology producing things that way outlived their original expectations. A product of the number of skilled engineers and other high tech professionals still hanging around NASA and the private sector as Congress slowly reduced their budgets after Apollo, etc.