Space stuff

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Space stuff

Post by Animal »

these pictures are ridiculous. open this in another tab and zoom it in.

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/7c27 ... 0e~mv2.png
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:53 pm Set to land at 4:30 (central time) this afternoon.

the landing time has been changed to 3:24 central time.

15:24 CST

Flight controllers commanded a lunar correction maneuver to raise Odysseus' orbit overnight and updated the anticipated landing time to 1524 CST.
We expect the landing stream to start on this IM-1 web page and NASA TV at 1400 CST. The content on both streams is identical.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:24 pm these pictures are ridiculous. open this in another tab and zoom it in.

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/7c27 ... 0e~mv2.png
Bummer about the unshielded interstellar radiation :lol: :lol:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

its a real shame that Odie doesn't have any kind of a robot or drone that could drive over to the Japan Moon lander and push it over so that it could work.

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

:lol: :lol:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Well, fuck space.

Odysseus can't offer live footage of its landing attempt. The spacecraft isn't equipped with a video recorder capable of sharing its journey.

But Intuitive Machines will be sharing computer-generated graphics that are based on data delivered directly from the robotic explorer. So while it's not a live look, what appears on the livestream should be a fairly close representation of what the spacecraft is currently doing in lunar orbit.

That is, until about 10 minutes before landing.

After that, we won't be seeing live data as Odysseus begins its perilous final descent. But, if all goes well, there should be only about a 15-second delay before flight controllers confirm whether the spacecraft made it to the surface safely, according to Intuitive Machines.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Those MF-ers. Now they have decided to make one more lap around the moon before landing. Landing is now pushed to 5:24 Central time.
Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:54 pm Those MF-ers. Now they have decided to make one more lap around the moon before landing. Landing is now pushed to 5:24 Central time.
Well, maybe they are trying to communicate with it over the AT&T network. :roll:
What if it was one guy with six guns?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:50 pm Well, fuck space.

Odysseus can't offer live footage of its landing attempt. The spacecraft isn't equipped with a video recorder capable of sharing its journey.

But Intuitive Machines will be sharing computer-generated graphics that are based on data delivered directly from the robotic explorer. So while it's not a live look, what appears on the livestream should be a fairly close representation of what the spacecraft is currently doing in lunar orbit.

In other words animation. Exactly what I told you several times yesterday. Like I said, several reasons nobody has ever carried equipment to do that.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Weight, always weight
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:13 pm

In other words animation. Exactly what I told you several times yesterday. Like I said, several reasons nobody has ever carried equipment to do that.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

you are forgetting about the Eagle Cam.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:08 pm

"Odie also houses a camera system called EagleCam. The device is set to pop off of the lunar lander as it approaches the surface and captures images of the vehicle's descent."

https://www.ksbw.com/article/odie-lunar ... g/46800904
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Oooh, Eagle Cam. Last time Man was on the Moon was 52 years ago. They traveled like 20 miles in a dune buggy to collect rock samples in craters. Let that sink in. This is just "College kids" Yawn city
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:17 pm

Oooh, Eagle Cam. Last time Man was on the Moon was 52 years ago. They traveled like 20 miles in a dune buggy to collect rock samples in craters. Let that sink in. This is just "College kids" Yawn city
So you've gone from "space radiation" to "it has no cameras" to "okay, it has cameras, but they were made by college kids".

Keep digging that hole, dude. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:24 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:17 pm

So you've gone from "space radiation" to "it has no cameras" to "okay, it has cameras, but they were made by college kids".

Keep digging that hole, dude. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What if it was one guy with six guns?
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

If I remember correctly the first moon missions used Hasselblad film cameras.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

T minus 1 hour and 15 minutes until touchdown. Roger.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:07 pm T minus 1 hour and 15 minutes until touchdown. Roger.
The World is all tingly and riveted to their screens-not seen since Beyonce announced she's going Country last week.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

fuck, this looks about the same as that Japanese landing. Something may have gone wrong.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:23 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:07 pm T minus 1 hour and 15 minutes until touchdown. Roger.
The World is all tingly and riveted to their screens-not seen since Beyonce announced she's going Country last week.
Dude...

Just shut the fuck up.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

I will give this team props They've done tons more to get something landed on the Moon than Canada ever did. Canadians are used to sucking at the NASA funding tit.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

okay, maybe its all fine. they just had trouble making radio contact. seems they have it now.
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

Company: US spacecraft on the moon is on its side
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady