Not a single batted ball

Other people doing physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Not a single batted ball

Post by saltydog »

Left the entire infield.

This is horrifying if you're the defensive team.

The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Not a single batted ball

Post by Reservoir Dog »

There were only 2 pitchers used in that debacle. :eek:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:32 pm There were only 2 pitchers used in that debacle. :eek:
i wonder if the pitching coach keeps track of all of the times the pitcher had to pick up a bunt and throw it to first.

holy shit, talk about fucking up the other team's game plan.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:11 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:32 pm There were only 2 pitchers used in that debacle. :eek:
i wonder if the pitching coach keeps track of all of the times the pitcher had to pick up a bunt and throw it to first.

holy shit, talk about fucking up the other team's game plan.
What a comedy of errors.
Take a look at the freeze frame on Salty's post. The batter is showing bunt while the pitcher still has the ball and hasn't even started his windup. He's showing bunt ALL THE WAY!

And what does the pitcher do? He throws a Splitter right down the middle of the fucking plate !!!
He made NO attempt to adjust his pitch to the bunt!

I can only imagine the expletives that were coming out of the pitching coach's mouth! :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

I can only imagine the expletives that were coming out of the pitching coach's mouth!
Scout report watching game:

"This pitcher is an idiot"
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

FSchmertz wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:05 pm
I can only imagine the expletives that were coming out of the pitching coach's mouth!
Scout report watching game:

"This pitcher is an idiot"
:!:
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

The whole infield sucked from what I saw.

The catcher was telling 2b to go to first and conceed the run before he got the throw late and missed the tag. Then he thought someone called timeout or something and allowed the batter to get to 2nd with a throw to a shortstop who wasn't covering 2nd base.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Anyone who has played enough organized baseball has been a part of something like that (not so much the repeated bunting part). The fucking blunders and bad breaks just compound themselves. It fucking sucks ass. That entire infield was probably gripping like MFers.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:41 am Anyone who has played enough organized baseball has been a part of something like that (not so much the repeated bunting part). The fucking blunders and bad breaks just compound themselves. It fucking sucks ass. That entire infield was probably gripping like MFers.
But thats why you practice. I had my boys practice these scenarios every week, including multiple bunts. The coaching on that team was simply subpar
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Biker wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:39 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:41 am Anyone who has played enough organized baseball has been a part of something like that (not so much the repeated bunting part). The fucking blunders and bad breaks just compound themselves. It fucking sucks ass. That entire infield was probably gripping like MFers.
But thats why you practice. I had my boys practice these scenarios every week, including multiple bunts. The coaching on that team was simply subpar
I'm not excusing the players or the coaches. Players have to make the play and they have to make the right play. Mistakes happen though and sometimes they can just compound themselves...over and over and before you know it you've got 4 or 5 errors in a row and the entire infield is tense AF.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

there are only so many hours in a practice day. How many hours a week is a coach going to spend grilling his team on the nuances of an onside kick?

baseball has always been a game of statistics. I think bunts average around 1% of the plays. Now, that number fluctuates depending on the shift of the defense, but either way, there are statistics that determine the likelihood of a bunt. And I would assume that most coaches devote about that same amount of time in practice toward training the players to react to a bunt. 1%.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:05 pm
there are only so many hours in a practice day. How many hours a week is a coach going to spend grilling his team on the nuances of an onside kick?

baseball has always been a game of statistics. I think bunts average around 1% of the plays. Now, that number fluctuates depending on the shift of the defense, but either way, there are statistics that determine the likelihood of a bunt. And I would assume that most coaches devote about that same amount of time in practice toward training the players to react to a bunt. 1%.
Bunts at the pro level have been declining for two decades. They're pretty scarce these days.