The Masters

Other people doing actual physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

Animal
The Great Pretender

The Masters

Post by Animal »

I was busy all week-end and never got a chance to watch any of it, but heard updates on the news. Yesterday morning was filled with updates about Tiger withdrawing. Then stories yesterday about the huge comeback for Rahm to win and Jordan Speith getting back into contention, etc. I heard tons of stories about players and things going on, including the weather and the huge trees that fell. Then last night I got home and tuned in just in time to see the green jacket ceremony and they posted the final standing. Rahm won at -12. And tied for second was Justin Leonard at -8.

Wait.

Justin Leonard was in 2nd place? And I have not heard his name mentioned? Why wasn't that the biggest story of the week-end?

Even this morning I heard an update on the top things that happened at the masters and one was the number of Spaniards that had won among 10 or 12 others they mentioned. Not one mention of Justin Leonard coming in 2nd.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: The Masters

Post by Reservoir Dog »

What the hell are you talking about?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:59 pm Justin Leonard was in 2nd place? And I have not heard his name mentioned? Why wasn't that the biggest story of the week-end?
:think:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

BigRedRetard wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:15 pm Golf isn't a sport.
I agree with this. I like watching it anyway.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

B-Tender wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:52 pm
I agree with this. I like watching it anyway.
Reading a little about this, they never really said it, but it seems as if this is retaliation for Phil joining that Saudi golf tour and taking money from the Saudi prince to play there. They said that even the crowd failed to give him much attention at the Masters. Even when he sank some long ass birdie putt on Sunday to get within 2 shots of the lead.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Phil is a degenerate gambler who needs whatever money he can get his hands on.

The Augusta crowd knows this and is probably not interested in guys doing things on the backs of a Saudi conglomerate.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

I've played just about every sport in my life. Golf is by far the hardest to master I've ever tried.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

saltydog wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:37 pm Phil is a degenerate gambler who needs whatever money he can get his hands on.

The Augusta crowd knows this and is probably not interested in guys doing things on the backs of a Saudi conglomerate.
: :lol: Salty and his liberal media. Now Augusta is the rock of American ideals. Wasn't the liberal media all over them years ago for excluding women and gasp blacks. 🙄
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:47 am
saltydog wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:37 pm Phil is a degenerate gambler who needs whatever money he can get his hands on.

: :lol: Salty and his liberal media. Now Augusta is the rock of American ideals. Wasn't the liberal media all over them years ago for excluding women and gasp blacks. 🙄
Funny, but an acquaintance of mine was there, as he is every year. His commentary on the crowd, golfers and conditions I would trust more than you making morning toast.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

for me, this is actually good to hear. Historically, the great golfers were primarily hustlers. Like bar room pool hustlers. They played golf for the grift and got damn good at it and even better at taking people's money. That changed in our life times. Sounds like Phil might be keeping it alive.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:10 am

for me, this is actually good to hear. Historically, the great golfers were primarily hustlers. Like bar room pool hustlers. They played golf for the grift and got damn good at it and even better at taking people's money. That changed in our life times. Sounds like Phil might be keeping it alive.
You think Jon Daly still plays because of the health benefits? LOL
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

yeah, that's what I think. Isn't that weird?
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

The other "sport" that has shaky beginnings is stock car racing.

Virtually all the early names got into it as a side job for their main one, bootlegging/outrunning the revenuers!

https://prohibition.themobmuseum.org/th ... ohibition/
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FSchmertz wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:16 pm

Virtually all the early names got into it as a side job for their main one, bootlegging/outrunning the revenuers!

i saw a documentary on that one time. its amazing the advancements those bootleggers made to the automobile industry at the time.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:44 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:16 pm

i saw a documentary on that one time. its amazing the advancements those bootleggers made to the automobile industry at the time.
You should "research" that and enter it into a spreadsheet.
Ricrude
No life apart from this stupid forum board
Interests: Drinking, gambling, running around with the wrong crowd, pranks...typical UJ stuff.

Post by Ricrude »

The masters explained...

It is absolutely amazing that some people survive walking out of their homes...fo reelz!