2023 Draft

Other people doing physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

Ricrude
No life apart from this stupid forum board
Interests: Drinking, gambling, running around with the wrong crowd, pranks...typical UJ stuff.

2023 Draft

Post by Ricrude »

The draft is almost upon us...I don't know how reliable any pundits information is but Young to the Panthers makes sense although I think Stroud would be the safer pick of the two.

It is absolutely amazing that some people survive walking out of their homes...fo reelz!
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: 2023 Draft

Post by Reservoir Dog »

I think they'll go with Stoud. He's NFL ready and he'll fit their system better.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Ricrude
Interests: Drinking, gambling, running around with the wrong crowd, pranks...typical UJ stuff.

Post by Ricrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:40 pm I think they'll go with Stoud. He's NFL ready and he'll fit their system better.
I agree...most everyone on the NFL Network and ESPN are claiming Young. I'm sure he can put butts in seats and would be entertaining to watch. I just don't see his size though. His height isn't an issue but his build may very well be unless his spidey sense kicks in.
It is absolutely amazing that some people survive walking out of their homes...fo reelz!
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Ricrude wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:48 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:40 pm I think they'll go with Stoud. He's NFL ready and he'll fit their system better.
I agree...most everyone on the NFL Network and ESPN are claiming Young. I'm sure he can put butts in seats and would be entertaining to watch. I just don't see his size though. His height isn't an issue but his build may very well be unless his spidey sense kicks in.
Yeah, this is one of those years where you can't really pick make a bad pick.
If they take Young... they made a great pick. If they take Stroud... they made a great pick.

But when push comes to shove, and it's time to write a name on a piece of paper... I'd go with the guy who has laser pin-point accuracy and is 5" taller.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:55 pm
If they take Young... they made a great pick. If they take Stroud... they made a great pick.

But when push comes to shove, and it's time to write a name on a piece of paper... I'd go with the guy who has laser pin-point accuracy and is 5" taller.
If I was having to make a decision on two players that were both fairly equally matched, and one of them played at Alabama, then I would go with the other one. If you can play at another school and end up equally matched to someone that has been surrounded by the talent at Alabama, then you are probably a better player.
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »

Animal wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:46 pm

If I was having to make a decision on two players that were both fairly equally matched, and one of them played at Alabama, then I would go with the other one. If you can play at another school and end up equally matched to someone that has been surrounded by the talent at Alabama, then you are probably a better player.
Agreed!
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Bonus FEARLESS prediction:

Houston trades down and takes Anthony Richardson at #4.
8-Ball
No Good Dirty Rotten Filthy Forum Spammer!

Post by 8-Ball »

Animal wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:46 pm

i was saying the same thing to my father the other day.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

I'm behind the 8-Ball.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:40 pm Bonus FEARLESS prediction:

That kid has the most boom or bust of anyone since Cam Newton...
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Ricrude wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:53 am

He's got Ben Rottencheeseburger size and Lamar Jackson's legs. With a little seasoning, I think he'll be pretty damn good.
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:44 pm

He's got Ben Rottencheeseburger size and Lamar Jackson's legs. With a little seasoning, I think he'll be pretty damn good.
Oh yeah...as long as someone lets him learn from the bench for a while! It would blow everyone away if Carolina took him first. Heads would literally explode...but I do see the upside.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Ricrude wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:53 pm

Oh yeah...as long as someone lets him learn from the bench for a while! It would blow everyone away if Carolina took him first. Heads would literally explode...but I do see the upside.
I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. :lol:

Houston still has the #12 pick so they could easily trade down from #2 to #4 and they will still land a pretty damn good QB.
Will Levis will still be on the board. (although I'm hoping he falls to the Redskins. I know... I know... it's a huge longshot, but stranger things have happened)
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:07 pm

Houston still has the #12 pick so they could easily trade down from #2 to #4 and they will still land a pretty damn good QB.
Will Levis will still be on the board. (although I'm hoping he falls to the Redskins. I know... I know... it's a huge longshot, but stranger things have happened)
Redskins have Sam Howell...I'm a fan of his. Rivera needs to let him have a legitimate shot. That kid can be very good. He's mobile with a great arm.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Ricrude wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:24 pm

Redskins have Sam Howell...I'm a fan of his. Rivera needs to let him have a legitimate shot. That kid can be very good. He's mobile with a great arm.
Sam Howell? You mean that guy who's played in one NFL football game and it was a meaningless week 18 game.
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:35 pm

Sam Howell? You mean that guy who's played in one NFL football game and it was a meaningless week 18 game.
THE SAME!...Had a heck of a career at UNC. Watched him play Clemson back in 2019 at Kenan Memorial, he scared Dabo. Wish Carolina had taken him instead of Matt Corral. Wasn't that one game a win over Dallas?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Ricrude wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:43 pm

THE SAME!...Had a heck of a career at UNC. Watched him play Clemson back in 2019 at Kenan Memorial, he scared Dabo. Wish Carolina had taken him instead of Matt Corral. Wasn't that one game a win over Dallas?
I don't know, man. If the #1 QB on your depth chart is a 5th or 6th round draft pick (not named Tom Brady) and you have a shot at a 1st round QB... you take it!
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:48 pm

I don't know, man. If the #1 QB on your depth chart is a 5th or 6th round draft pick (not named Tom Brady) and you have a shot at a 1st round QB... you take it!
Come next Thursday,( the 27th)...all will be revealed
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Ricrude wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:04 pm

I fully expect to be wrong... but hope springs eternal! :D
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:06 pm

We just hope you guys get a decent owner and get away from the DS seasonal shitshow. That would be a huge improvement for you.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Ricrude wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:12 pm

We just hope you guys get a decent owner and get away from the DS seasonal shitshow. That would be a huge improvement for you.
I fully expect the league owners vote to be unanimous just to get rid of that motherfucker!
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:15 pm

I fully expect the league owners vote to be unanimous just to get rid of that motherfucker!
Yes...Ron Riveras cancer will go away too.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Ricrude wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:16 pm

It already has.
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:21 pm
Ricrude wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:16 pm

It already has.
Good deal...always liked the guy.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

I get the Alabama has more talent idea, but Ohio State is loaded with NFL players as well.

I just hope Jalen Carter is there at 5.