Not a bad idea

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Re: Not a bad idea

Post by saltydog »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 5:32 pm
saltydog wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:48 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:10 pm Old enough to die for your country (when we go to war, declared or not) but not old enough to vote?

Also note that there's a documented increased risk of dying when you're in the military, regardless of whether you're actively being shot at.

Yeah, unless you change the mandatory draft registration age to the voting age, I'm not buying this.

And good luck selling this to the military.

P.S. There's no minimum age to purchase guns in a lot of States btw.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_ ... e#Overview (yeah I'm aware Federal Law doesn't allow selling to people below 18)

P.P.S. Smells like more GOP efforts to try to increase their chances in elections by not letting votes by "those people." Of course, they'd never try that. /s Signed the Geriatric Old (White) People's party. :lol:
Someone found the motive here. The GOP is deathly afraid of the youth vote. It probably doesn't help them that they haven't won a popular vote in nearly 2 decades.
While they're at it they should raise the age to buy a gun to 25.
"Age restrictions don't work!" -GOP
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

FSchmertz wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:10 pm Old enough to die for your country (when we go to war, declared or not) but not old enough to vote?

Also note that there's a documented increased risk of dying when you're in the military, regardless of whether you're actively being shot at.

Yeah, unless you change the mandatory draft registration age to the voting age, I'm not buying this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_ ... e#Overview (yeah I'm aware Federal Law doesn't allow selling to people below 18)

P.P.S. Smells like more GOP efforts to try to increase their chances in elections by not letting votes by "those people." Of course, they'd never try that. /s Signed the Geriatric Old (White) People's party. :lol:
Someone found the motive here. The GOP is deathly afraid of the youth vote. It probably doesn't help them that they haven't won a popular vote in nearly 2 decades.
Yeah, I know you're probably being sarcastic and using automatic righty triggers to make a point, but neither of the "25 year old" arbitrary minimum ages would make logical sense.

P.S. Our guns are sacred under the 2nd, but the right to vote isn't sacred. Ignore all the rest of that constitution! :P

P.P.S. It would make much more sense to ban guns entirely, along with not allowing "those kinds of people" to vote!
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i'd be okay with that.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

What's the legal age to own a gun in Europe?
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:57 pm

i'd be okay with that.
Same.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

saltydog wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:02 pm What's the legal age to own a gun in Europe?
UK is 18
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

I’d just say you have to file a tax return and pay something.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.