DeSantis gets huge endorsement

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Re: DeSantis gets huge endorsement

Post by dot »

Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

dot wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:02 pm
It was naturally aborted.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Antknot wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:55 am It was naturally aborted.
Seemed pretty at will and by choice to me.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Well, I did my part.
I voted DeSantis today even though hes out of the race.
I thought about voting for Biden (Michigan is an open primary state) just because I want to do all I can to make sure Shit Show stays on the ballot.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

DeSantis Kicked Out Of Republican Party For Accomplishing Too Many Things

TALLAHASSEE, FL — The political landscape was rocked to its core today, with reverberations sure to be felt for several years, as Governor Ron DeSantis was kicked out of the Republican Party for accomplishing too many things.

The move was announced after careful deliberation by the Republican National Committee in coordination with top GOP leaders at all levels of government, with decision-makers citing DeSantis's ongoing tendency to get things done as evidence he does not belong with the party.

"We don't know what his deal is," said one Republican insider. "Everyone can plainly see that one of the most fundamental tenets of the Republican Party is the stubborn refusal to accomplish anything of note. Governor DeSantis continues to flagrantly disregard this core value by actually doing things. It's just totally unacceptable and unbecoming of anyone claiming to be a Republican."

As other members of the party at the state and federal levels doggedly adhere to the directive to maintain the status quo while making fiery, sternly-worded speeches, DeSantis has veered from the party line to accomplish things that actually improve the lives of his constituents, fight against radical woke ideology, and advance the cause of traditional American values. "We went over it with him time and time again," the GOP source said. "He wouldn't stop doing things. We can't work with a guy like that."

At publishing time, GOP powerbrokers were already looking forward to the conclusion of DeSantis's second term so they would have the opportunity to nominate someone else in an effort to grind the state's positive progress to a screeching halt.

https://babylonbee.com/news/desantis-ki ... any-things

:lol:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

My boy just gettin' it done.

Florida Gov. DeSantis signs bill to end squatters' rights, increase penalties
The bill grants law enforcement the authority to remove residential squatters
https://www.orlandoweekly.com/news/flor ... s-36505481

DeSantis eliminates 'squatters' rights' in Florida, gives power to cops to remove offenders
Desantis says Florida is 'ending the squatters scam'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desant ... -offenders
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

My boy keeps getting it done.

DeSantis: Protesters Blocking Roads, Extremists Harassing Others At Colleges Not Tolerated In Florida
“You think about what happened when you have these Hamas demonstrators out. They’re taking over bridges and they’re taking over roads,” he said at a press conference. “First of all, you don’t have a right to do that. You have someone get stuck in traffic … someone may need to get to a hospital, someone may need to pick up a child somewhere, and you’re just gonna commandeer the road because you have this ideological predilection? They tried to do that in Miami and what happened? In 10 minutes, they got dragged off the road where they belong. And we are not gonna tolerate that.”
https://www.dailywire.com/news/desantis ... in-florida
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i just don't understand. with these kids blocking roads and universities you would think that Netanyahu would have woken up and realized he needs to change his military strategy.
BigChiefin
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by BigChiefin »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:42 am My boy keeps getting it done.

DeSantis: Protesters Blocking Roads, Extremists Harassing Others At Colleges Not Tolerated In Florida
“You think about what happened when you have these Hamas demonstrators out. They’re taking over bridges and they’re taking over roads,” he said at a press conference. “First of all, you don’t have a right to do that. You have someone get stuck in traffic … someone may need to get to a hospital, someone may need to pick up a child somewhere, and you’re just gonna commandeer the road because you have this ideological predilection? They tried to do that in Miami and what happened? In 10 minutes, they got dragged off the road where they belong. And we are not gonna tolerate that.”
In two years he will be my governor and I can't wait.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

BigChiefin wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:06 pm

you are moving to florida?
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

BigChiefin wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:06 pm In two years he will be my governor and I can't wait.
Considering that by the time you get here Rhonda will only have a year left, and he's term limited, and for fuck-all he's done actually of benefit -for- the state, why?

Bring money, lots of money. This is not a cheap state anymore, hasn't been for almost two decades and only getting worse. Housing, house insurance, car insurance, groceries, it just goes on. Roads have gone to shit. And all he's done is pick an unnecessary fight with the stat's largest private employer, and make it so outdoor workers can't have water breaks. A real political record to be proud of.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
BigChiefin

Post by BigChiefin »

Animal wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:39 pm
BigChiefin wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:06 pm

you are moving to florida?
Sure am. Got two years left on my work contact and I'm out of shithole NY.
BigChiefin

Post by BigChiefin »

QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:02 pm
BigChiefin wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:06 pm In two years he will be my governor and I can't wait.
Considering that by the time you get here Rhonda will only have a year left, and he's term limited, and for fuck-all he's done actually of benefit -for- the state, why?

Bring money, lots of money. This is not a cheap state anymore, hasn't been for almost two decades and only getting worse. Housing, house insurance, car insurance, groceries, it just goes on. Roads have gone to shit. And all he's done is pick an unnecessary fight with the stat's largest private employer, and make it so outdoor workers can't have water breaks. A real political record to be proud of.
I love most things he's done. And fuck Disney. I thought he went about it all wrong, but fuck them. And that's coming from someone who went to WDW every year for 40+ years.

I'm prepared for the costs. It's still cheaper than NY and no more winters. I have family there and I love the heat.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:02 pm

Yet he was reelected easily. :!:
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:22 pm Yet he was reelected easily. :!:
Ya know, Cheez, I'm not even gonna try to argue with you about it. Yes, the state Democrat party really put two weak-sauce candidates up against Rhonda, especially in light of there had been better. But the party didn't choose better candidates, and a lot of political commentators took the party to task about it. The party "knew" better, though, and that is what (D) voters got to vote for. Not a few commentators say that the state party almost acts like it -wants- to lose elections. The Democrat party in Florida is basically moribund, has been for at least the last two decade, and not a few Democrats hold onto to their chairs mostly with the gerrymandering the Republicans engaged in, tossing some districts with a Democrat a bone to make their own plans look good. The party in many cases just hasn't backed more decently qualified candidates, and I simply can't explain the thought process.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:12 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:22 pm Yet he was reelected easily. :!:
Ya know, Cheez, I'm not even gonna try to argue with you about it. Yes, the state Democrat party really put two weak-sauce candidates up against Rhonda, especially in light of there had been better. But the party didn't choose better candidates, and a lot of political commentators took the party to task about it. The party "knew" better, though, and that is what (D) voters got to vote for. Not a few commentators say that the state party almost acts like it -wants- to lose elections. The Democrat party in Florida is basically moribund, has been for at least the last two decade, and not a few Democrats hold onto to their chairs mostly with the gerrymandering the Republicans engaged in, tossing some districts with a Democrat a bone to make their own plans look good. The party in many cases just hasn't backed more decently qualified candidates, and I simply can't explain the thought process.
I hear you. You basically just described Michigan but with the Dems in charge instead. The R party in Michigan is useless.