Massively over-rated movies

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Massively over-rated movies

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

#1 on my list/ Independence Day (1996)
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Massively over-rated movies

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Top Gun: Maverick
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:47 pm Top Gun: Maverick
The last 30 minutes is possibly the worst plot ever filmed.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Burn1dwn wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:14 pm
I actually thought the film was fairly good from a nostalgia point of view but that last part- wtf?
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:50 pm I actually thought the film was fairly good from a nostalgia point of view but that last part- wtf?
Same here. I thought they did a good job of pulling off the reboot until they ended up on the aircraft carrier.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

The attack on the installation is a complete ripoff of the attack on the Death Star in Star Wars.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:31 pm
The attack on the installation is a complete ripoff of the attack on the Death Star in Star Wars.
Same thing I said to my wife. It was like playing the original Star Wars game.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Burn1dwn wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:31 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:50 pm I actually thought the film was fairly good from a nostalgia point of view but that last part- wtf?
Same here. I thought they did a good job of pulling off the reboot until they ended up on the aircraft carrier.
He amazingly survives the jet crash. Then takes on an armed attack helicopter ON FOOT. Yeah, happens all the time
Cyberhonky
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Cyberhonky »

i never wanted to see Armageddon, then i watched it.

It confirmed why i didnt want to see it.
Vote for Pedro
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Cyberhonky wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:26 am i never wanted to see Armageddon, then i watched it.

It's easier to just say... "Any movie directed by Michael Bay." :lol:
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Cyberhonky wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:26 am i never wanted to see Armageddon, then i watched it.

Oh, but my ex was convinced we were going to use that Aerosmith song during our wedding!

🙄
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

I'll go to bat for Independence Day. Is it a "good" movie? No. But is it a fun movie? Fuck yes it is. I'm ready to smoke some fucking Xenos when Bill Pullman gives his go get em' speech
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Geist wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:57 am I'll go to bat for Independence Day. Is it a "good" movie? No. But is it a fun movie? Fuck yes it is. I'm ready to smoke some fucking Xenos when Bill Pullman gives his go get em' speech
Yes. It's a really fun movie. Which is exactly what it was intended to be. Pure popcorn cinema.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Independence day was great entertainment. Some people just have trouble enjoying it.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:25 am
Geist wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:57 am I'll go to bat for Independence Day. Is it a "good" movie? No. But is it a fun movie? Fuck yes it is. I'm ready to smoke some fucking Xenos when Bill Pullman gives his go get em' speech
Yes. It's a really fun movie. Which is exactly what it was intended to be. Pure popcorn cinema.
I kinda had fun the first time I saw it.

But repeated viewing has made me realize how really lame it is.

And that Pullman speech has to be some of the worst scripting ever. It makes me cringe.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

FSchmertz wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:52 pm

And that Pullman speech has to be some of the worst scripting ever. It makes me cringe.
Spoken like someone who has never knocked out an alien through its exosuit with a single punch.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Geist wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:56 pm

Spoken like someone who has never knocked out an alien through its exosuit with a single punch.
"Welcome to Earf!"
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

saltydog wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:20 pm

"Welcome to Earf!"
Some things you don't really want to consider, like "tell them how to bring the sumzbitches down"!

So wait, did that mean someone had to suicide themselves into each of the spaceship's ray beams?

(yeah, popcorn movie, not to be taken too seriously-you know, like wondering how the aliens got copies of Windows to run their computer systems so egghead computer geek can infect them?)
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

FSchmertz wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:56 pm

"Welcome to Earf!"
Some things you don't really want to consider, like "tell them how to bring the sumzbitches down"!

So wait, did that mean someone had to suicide themselves into each of the spaceship's ray beams?

(yeah, popcorn movie, not to be taken too seriously-you know, like wondering how the aliens got copies of Windows to run their computer systems so egghead computer geek can infect them?)
How about Jurassic Park, which holds up exceptionally well, aside from a child being able to hack into a Unix System to reboot the entire power/phone/security grid system?
Ricrude
No life apart from this stupid forum board
Interests: Drinking, gambling, running around with the wrong crowd, pranks...typical UJ stuff.

Post by Ricrude »

saltydog wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:14 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:56 pm

"Welcome to Earf!"

How about Jurassic Park, which holds up exceptionally well, aside from a child being able to hack into a Unix System to reboot the entire power/phone/security grid system?
He was a jello eating savant...
It is absolutely amazing that some people survive walking out of their homes...fo reelz!