Stick A Fork In The PAC-12

Other people doing actual physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Re: Stick A Fork In The PAC-12

Post by FSchmertz »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:12 am I'll go ahead and say it: The Big 10 is too big.
Change the name to "The Big 10 Plus The Somewhat Smaller 10"?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:12 am I'll go ahead and say it: The Big 10 is too big.
I think I read the Big 12 is now 18, or will be soon
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Football conferences should consider deleting any number from their names imo.

Though the Big 10's logo kinda conceals the number now.

P.S. I guess some names would be difficult. The BIGS? How about the AB1 (awfully big one?) ;)
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

FSchmertz wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:10 pm Football conferences should consider deleting any number from their names imo.

Though the Big 10's logo kinda conceals the number now.

P.S. I guess some names would be difficult. The BIGS? How about the AB1 (awfully big one?) ;)
I do like the idea of the opportunity (in theory) to play those west coast teams more often. Our only chance normally was a rare non-conference scheduling or a bowl game. It would be really cool to see Big 10 powerhouses like OSU, Michigan, Penn ST play west coast names like USC, Oregon, Washington and UCLA on a consistent basis. With this many teams in the conference how in the world are they going to break down this scheduling?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Ricrude
No life apart from this stupid forum board
Interests: Drinking, gambling, running around with the wrong crowd, pranks...typical UJ stuff.

Post by Ricrude »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... 11ca&ei=14

Interesting article on the ACC divide.
It is absolutely amazing that some people survive walking out of their homes...fo reelz!
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

This all boils down to the attraction for television contracts. Nothing more.

It's laughable when you'll have something like the "ACC Network Game of the Week" and it's Syracuse at Wake Forest, meanwhile Clemson is all over the major networks getting insane amounts of exposure just widening the gaps.

College Football is dumb.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Ricrude
Interests: Drinking, gambling, running around with the wrong crowd, pranks...typical UJ stuff.

Post by Ricrude »

saltydog wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:45 pm This all boils down to the attraction for television contracts. Nothing more.

It's laughable when you'll have something like the "ACC Network Game of the Week" and it's Syracuse at Wake Forest, meanwhile Clemson is all over the major networks getting insane amounts of exposure just widening the gaps.

As much as I love college football and being a Clemson fan for years, it all boils down to cash and who makes the most to justify their athletic program.
I read once where the highest paid public employee in a lot of states is a college football coach.
It is absolutely amazing that some people survive walking out of their homes...fo reelz!
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Ricrude wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:41 pm
saltydog wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:45 pm This all boils down to the attraction for television contracts. Nothing more.

As much as I love college football and being a Clemson fan for years, it all boils down to cash and who makes the most to justify their athletic program.
I read once where the highest paid public employee in a lot of states is a college football coach.
and, much like steroids in athletics, it boils down to which coach can cheat the most and not get caught.
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »

It's competition!
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Ricrude wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:53 pm It's competition!
yep. sort of like the mom's in those toddler beauty pageants.
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »

Animal wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:59 pm
Ricrude wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:53 pm It's competition!
yep. sort of like the mom's in those toddler beauty pageants.
Those are fucked up...
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Ricrude wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:06 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... 11ca&ei=14

I heard on the radio today that SMU, Cal Berkeley and Stanford are going to the ACC.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Animal wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:39 pm
Ricrude wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:06 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... 11ca&ei=14

I heard on the radio today that SMU, Cal Berkeley and Stanford are going to the ACC.
I'd assume they've decided to open up a West Division then. Which probably means more to come?
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Been reading up on this.

Washington State & Oregon State would essentially keep all of the PAC 2 stuff, not having to divide it up 12 ways if they don't dissolve the conference.

So rather than just dissolve it and join the Mountain West, what might happen is a "reverse merger," with the Mountain West "dissolving" and becoming the PAC 10 (with the leader of the Mountain West becoming the leader of the PAC, with all of the Mountain West teams in it plus the PAC 2)!
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Having a team from Texas and two from California being in the ATLANTIC COAST Conference makes all the sense in the world.

The NCAA is dumb.
Football is dumb.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?