Enough evidence for SaltyDot?

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Enough evidence for SaltyDot?

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:08 pm
Animal wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:04 pm in other words, you are just talking out your ass and have no idea what any of this stuff is about. Tax jurisdiction. :lol: What. in. the. fuck?
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... es/675531/
New York State: Fraud
In the fall of 2022, New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a civil suit against Trump, his adult sons, and his former aide Allen Weisselberg, alleging a years-long scheme in which Trump fraudulently reported the value of properties in order to either lower his tax bill or improve the terms of his loans, all with an eye toward inflating his net worth.

When?
Justice Arthur Engoron ruled against Trump and his co-defendants in late September 2023, concluding that many of the defendants’ claims were “clearly” fraudulent—so clearly that he didn’t need a trial to hear them. (He also sanctioned Trump’s lawyers for making repeated frivolous arguments.) Engoron has also fined Trump a total of $15,000 for violating a gag order in the case. The trial ended in January, and a ruling is currently expected in mid-February.

How grave is the allegation?
Fraud is fraud, and in this case, the sum of the fraud stretched into the millions—but compared with some of the other legal matters in which Trump is embroiled, this is pretty pedestrian. The case is also civil rather than criminal. But although the stakes are lower for the nation, they remain high for Trump: Engoron could bar Trump’s famed company from business in New York, strip it of several key properties, and fine Trump hundreds of millions of dollars.

How plausible is a guilty verdict?
Engoron has already ruled that Trump committed fraud. The outstanding questions are what damages he might have to pay and what exactly Engoron’s ruling means for Trump’s business and properties in New York.
It will never be not fun showing off how little you know about what it is you try to argue about.
you are assuming that this dipshit Letitia James is any smarter than you are. Give me just one example of how inflating asset values (making yourself look more wealthy) would save you taxes. :lol: I have to hear this. You have made the point (or tried to make the point) that New York is somehow due this $350 million because of lost tax revenue. I have never ever heard that, but I am all fucking ears for you to explain it.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:18 pm you are assuming that this dipshit Letitia James is any smarter than you are.
Well, I already know she's smarter than you are.
Animal wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:18 pm Give me just one example of how inflating asset values (making yourself look more wealthy) would save you taxes.
And there it is again, your continued inability to acknowledge both halves of the fraud. Why are you so determined to make yourself look so stupid? Because even you know if you admit that overvaluing and undervaluing the same property for purposes of interest rates on loans and taxes, then you can't continue pretending that the case has no merit. And the best part? We've already established this, you got schooled already on this very subject in the past. Did you think I wouldn't remember?
Animal wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:18 pm I have to hear this. You have made the point (or tried to make the point) that New York is somehow due this $350 million because of lost tax revenue. I have never ever heard that, but I am all fucking ears for you to explain it.
Like I said, you're more than welcome to put your money where your mouth is and go to New York and argue Trump's case for him. But you clearly don't have the balls for that, mental midget.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I am going to assume you are talking about Property Taxes, even though you are too stupid to know what you are pretending to talk about. This case had zero, nothing, to do with property taxes. It had nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with under valuing property to lower tax burdens. It had nothing at all to do with taxes.

what in the literal fuck are you talking about?
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:05 am I am going to assume you are talking about Property Taxes, even though you are too stupid to know what you are pretending to talk about. This case had zero, nothing, to do with property taxes. It had nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with under valuing property to lower tax burdens. It had nothing at all to do with taxes.

dot wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:08 pm https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... es/675531/
In the fall of 2022, New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a civil suit against Trump, his adult sons, and his former aide Allen Weisselberg, alleging a years-long scheme in which Trump fraudulently reported the value of properties in order to either lower his tax bill or improve the terms of his loans, all with an eye toward inflating his net worth.

When?
Justice Arthur Engoron ruled against Trump and his co-defendants in late September 2023, concluding that many of the defendants’ claims were “clearly” fraudulent—so clearly that he didn’t need a trial to hear them. (He also sanctioned Trump’s lawyers for making repeated frivolous arguments.) Engoron has also fined Trump a total of $15,000 for violating a gag order in the case. The trial ended in January, and a ruling is currently expected in mid-February.

Fraud is fraud, and in this case, the sum of the fraud stretched into the millions—but compared with some of the other legal matters in which Trump is embroiled, this is pretty pedestrian. The case is also civil rather than criminal. But although the stakes are lower for the nation, they remain high for Trump: Engoron could bar Trump’s famed company from business in New York, strip it of several key properties, and fine Trump hundreds of millions of dollars.

Engoron has already ruled that Trump committed fraud. The outstanding questions are what damages he might have to pay and what exactly Engoron’s ruling means for Trump’s business and properties in New York.
Are you ever going to get tired of being wrong about everything you talk about?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:37 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:05 am I am going to assume you are talking about Property Taxes, even though you are too stupid to know what you are pretending to talk about. This case had zero, nothing, to do with property taxes. It had nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with under valuing property to lower tax burdens. It had nothing at all to do with taxes.

dot wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:08 pm https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... es/675531/

When?

Are you ever going to get tired of being wrong about everything you talk about?
sorry, stupid. posting something by a journalist is hardly submitting any facts. show me one court record. just one. that mentions property taxes. There is not one thing in that fraud case that has anything to do with Trump's property taxes. Dummy.

it would be impossible to "lower your property values" and at the exact same time "....all with the eye toward inflating his net worth". If you knew even a small drop of business you would realize how fucking stupid that statement is.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:20 pm sorry, stupid. posting something by a journalist is hardly submitting any facts.
You're welcome to present a factual record to the contrary. It would mean you'd have to understand the very thing you're trying to argue about though, fraud. And you do not have a good track record on this subject.
Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:20 pm show me one court record. just one. that mentions property taxes. There is not one thing in that fraud case that has anything to do with Trump's property taxes. Dummy.
https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/2 ... plaint.pdf
dot wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:37 pm Are you ever going to get tired of being wrong about everything you talk about?
Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:20 pm it would be impossible to "lower your property values" and at the exact same time "....all with the eye toward inflating his net worth". If you knew even a small drop of business you would realize how fucking stupid that statement is.
Is this from the same brain that doesn't understand how overvaluing assets for better loan interest rates and then undervaluing the same assets for better tax liability purposes is connected? Because the brain of that person consistently proves he doesn't know a single drop of the subject is you. But by all means, book a flight to New York and argue the case since you clearly think you have everything figured out. Until then, or until you finally understand how fraud works, seethe harder mental midget.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:25 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:20 pm sorry, stupid. posting something by a journalist is hardly submitting any facts.
You're welcome to present a factual record to the contrary. It would mean you'd have to understand the very thing you're trying to argue about though, fraud. And you do not have a good track record on this subject.
Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:20 pm show me one court record. just one. that mentions property taxes. There is not one thing in that fraud case that has anything to do with Trump's property taxes. Dummy.
https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/2 ... plaint.pdf
dot wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:37 pm Are you ever going to get tired of being wrong about everything you talk about?
Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:20 pm it would be impossible to "lower your property values" and at the exact same time "....all with the eye toward inflating his net worth". If you knew even a small drop of business you would realize how fucking stupid that statement is.
Is this from the same brain that doesn't understand how overvaluing assets for better loan interest rates and then undervaluing the same assets for better tax liability purposes is connected? Because the brain of that person consistently proves he doesn't know a single drop of the subject is you. But by all means, book a flight to New York and argue the case since you clearly think you have everything figured out. Until then, or until you finally understand how fraud works, seethe harder mental midget.
Thanks for providing the entire transcript of all charges brought by Lecretia James. If you notice, like I have said all along, there is not one single charge among any of those pages that charge Trump with undervaluing any property or any charges related to property taxes. None. If you can find one, i'm all fucking ears again. stupid.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:49 pm Thanks for providing the entire transcript of all charges brought by Lecretia James. If you notice, like I have said all along, there is not one single charge among any of those pages that charge Trump with undervaluing any property or any charges related to property taxes. None. If you can find one, i'm all fucking ears again. stupid.
Once again:
dot wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:03 pm Tell me you didn't do the reading without telling me you didn't do the reading. You're just making yourself look stupid.
Now if you'd actually read the filing, you'd know you are not only wrong, but blatantly wrong. It's not a surprise, because you have consistently failed to recognize what fraud actually is. I told you before, you are not properly equipped on this subject and that is by your own choice, you have chosen to remain dumb about this by refusing to learn about it. Otherwise, you'd see how you've been wrong at every turn. So once again, for your own benefit, just do some research for once instead of winging it and going by what your gut says. It's always led you to self humiliation.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

:lol: Notice how he doesn't produce anything he just says to read a huge document. its not in there. and he knows it or he would post it.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:49 pm :lol: Notice how he doesn't produce anything he just says to read a huge document. its not in there. and he knows it or he would post it.
If you're so sure about that, then why won't you read it?
Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:20 pm show me one court record. just one. that mentions property taxes.
Ball's in your court if you're brave enough to admit you were wrong. Might have to lead to you admitting you don't understand how fraud works though. Tough break, but I didn't force you to defend breaking the law.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

dot wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:50 pm
Animal wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:49 pm :lol: Notice how he doesn't produce anything he just says to read a huge document. its not in there. and he knows it or he would post it.
Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:20 pm show me one court record. just one. that mentions property taxes.
Ball's in your court if you're brave enough to admit you were wrong. Might have to lead to you admitting you don't understand how fraud works though. Tough break, but I didn't force you to defend breaking the law.
And if youre so sure why dont you just go ahead and post it? :lol:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i have read it you stupid fuck. i have also done a pretty simple search of it. I can only assume you have done the same and you are fully aware that it doesn't have anything to do with Trump lowering asset values or property taxes. If not, you would have posted it. :lol: Poor Dumb Dot.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

I hope you're not dumb enough to think that banks don't assess the property with their own people and not just take the word of the person requesting a loan do you?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

necronomous wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:27 pm
I hope you're not dumb enough to think that banks don't assess the property with their own people and not just take the word of the person requesting a loan do you?
he doesn't understand a single thing about any of this. all he knows is some dipshit attorney in NY doesn't like trump and loopholed a law on him and now Dot thinks FRAUD BAD!
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Animal wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:38 pm
necronomous wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:27 pm
he doesn't understand a single thing about any of this. all he knows is some dipshit attorney in NY doesn't like trump and loopholed a law on him and now Dot thinks FRAUD BAD!
How can anyone not see the state just gave themselves a huge payout to help pay for the new immigrants coming in.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

what is mind blowing for me is that NY is suing for "ill gotten gains" on the grounds that Trump duped some bankers and (I guess) some insurance companies out of potential profits because of higher asset values. So the state takes these ill gotten gains (that should have gone to the banks and insurance companies) and put it in their pocket. what. in. the. fuck?

that's more criminal than what they sued him over.

i have a good friend that is a real estate appraiser. for farms and ranches. he hunted on my last ranch for several years. When I got ready to sell it, he told me what he thought I could get. I wasn't impressed with his opinion. I sold it for over 100% of what he thought it would sell for (more than 2x his estimate). An asset is worth what someone pays for it. In the meantime its just an argument on whoever thinks what about its value.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Animal wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:18 am what is mind blowing for me is that NY is suing for "ill gotten gains" on the grounds that Trump duped some bankers and (I guess) some insurance companies out of potential profits because of higher asset values. So the state takes these ill gotten gains (that should have gone to the banks and insurance companies) and put it in their pocket. what. in. the. fuck?

i have a good friend that is a real estate appraiser. for farms and ranches. he hunted on my last ranch for several years. When I got ready to sell it, he told me what he thought I could get. I wasn't impressed with his opinion. I sold it for over 100% of what he thought it would sell for (more than 2x his estimate). An asset is worth what someone pays for it. In the meantime its just an argument on whoever thinks what about its value.
Exactly. And the bank will do their own assessment. Trump and his peeps can say whatever fucking value they want, the bank is still going to assess the value independently. No bank is just going to take their word for it. If they do, I want to take my loans out there.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

necronomous wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:07 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:18 am what is mind blowing for me is that NY is suing for "ill gotten gains" on the grounds that Trump duped some bankers and (I guess) some insurance companies out of potential profits because of higher asset values. So the state takes these ill gotten gains (that should have gone to the banks and insurance companies) and put it in their pocket. what. in. the. fuck?

Exactly. And the bank will do their own assessment. Trump and his peeps can say whatever fucking value they want, the bank is still going to assess the value independently. No bank is just going to take their word for it. If they do, I want to take my loans out there.
Kevin O'Leary said it best. "This is a victimless crime. Every penny was paid back. Everyone on both sides ended up happy. No one lost any money. Its how every loan in the world is done".

I'm not suggesting that Trump hasn't done many things wrong. This just isn't one of them unless you are at the point of splitting every possible legal hair that can be split.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:18 am
Appraisals are an opinion with parameters. Comps with similar size and amenities sold in last x amount of days. The free market doesn't have those same parameters.

It goes both ways. Sometimes appraisals are higher than market value. I have this discussion with sellers all the time. They waste money on an appraisal before listing to see "what the house is worth".

What a bank will lend on a property and what you can sell it for are rarely equal amounts.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:56 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:18 am
Appraisals are an opinion with parameters. Comps with similar size and amenities sold in last x amount of days. The free market doesn't have those same parameters.

It goes both ways. Sometimes appraisals are higher than market value. I have this discussion with sellers all the time. They waste money on an appraisal before listing to see "what the house is worth".

What a bank will lend on a property and what you can sell it for are rarely equal amounts.
That's certainly one way, and the main way that an asset is considered for value by a buyer. But you also have to consider potential income from a property that might have absolutely nothing to do with comps or similar sizes. Maybe there is a water source on this property that others don't have. Maybe there is a 3 phase power line running down one side that allows easy power access, etc. The list of maybes is endless and sellers might have knowledge of many of them that a buyer or appraiser would have no idea about. This is why you sit in a room and debate it out.

You don't walk into a car dealership and throw out the least you will take on a trade in as your starting point.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:42 pm And if youre so sure why dont you just go ahead and post it? :lol:
Already did. Not my fault if you are too scared as well to read it.
Animal wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:21 pm i have read it you stupid fuck. i have also done a pretty simple search of it. I can only assume you have done the same and you are fully aware that it doesn't have anything to do with Trump lowering asset values or property taxes.
Then you clearly didn't read it. Because your simple search would've shown exactly how it factors in but here's the catch. You'd have to admit you don't know how fraud works because it deals exactly with what you won't acknowledge reality is.
Animal wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:21 pm If not, you would have posted it.
I did. It's on you to read and discover for yourself how wrong you've been, because posting it here in black and white has clearly not changed your learning processes.
necronomous wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:27 pm I hope you're not dumb enough to think that banks don't assess the property with their own people and not just take the word of the person requesting a loan do you?
You're not going to play dumb on this, are you? Even you have to see how presenting overvaluations for loan interest rates and then undervaluing the same property for tax liability is fraud, and in this case, on a massive scale.
Animal wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:38 pm he doesn't understand a single thing about any of this. all he knows is some dipshit attorney in NY doesn't like trump and loopholed a law on him and now Dot thinks FRAUD BAD!
Says the guy that literally does not understand how fraud works and boasts about it.
necronomous wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:00 am How can anyone not see the state just gave themselves a huge payout to help pay for the new immigrants coming in.
No one made Trump commit fraud.
What is the malfunction in your brain that consistently leaves out the different valuations on the same properties aspect? Is it stupidity or partisanship?
necronomous wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:07 pm Exactly. And the bank will do their own assessment. Trump and his peeps can say whatever fucking value they want, the bank is still going to assess the value independently. No bank is just going to take their word for it. If they do, I want to take my loans out there.
Are you going to echo the same malfunction?
Animal wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:26 pm Kevin O'Leary said it best. "This is a victimless crime. Every penny was paid back. Everyone on both sides ended up happy. No one lost any money. Its how every loan in the world is done".
Wrong. The banks were entitled to more income as Trump did not have the assets he claimed to warrant the interest rates he got. Trump was on the hook for more tax liability. No matter which way you slice it, they committed fraud.
Animal wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:26 pm I'm not suggesting that Trump hasn't done many things wrong. This just isn't one of them unless you are at the point of splitting every possible legal hair that can be split.
But that's only because your brain won't acknowledge what was done either out of stupidity or out of partisanship.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

dot wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:03 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:42 pm And if youre so sure why dont you just go ahead and post it? :lol:
Already did. Not my fault if you are too scared as well to read it.
Animal wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:21 pm i have read it you stupid fuck. i have also done a pretty simple search of it. I can only assume you have done the same and you are fully aware that it doesn't have anything to do with Trump lowering asset values or property taxes.
Then you clearly didn't read it. Because your simple search would've shown exactly how it factors in but here's the catch. You'd have to admit you don't know how fraud works because it deals exactly with what you won't acknowledge reality is.
Animal wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:21 pm If not, you would have posted it.
I did. It's on you to read and discover for yourself how wrong you've been, because posting it here in black and white has clearly not changed your learning processes.
necronomous wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:27 pm I hope you're not dumb enough to think that banks don't assess the property with their own people and not just take the word of the person requesting a loan do you?
You're not going to play dumb on this, are you? Even you have to see how presenting overvaluations for loan interest rates and then undervaluing the same property for tax liability is fraud, and in this case, on a massive scale.
Animal wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:38 pm he doesn't understand a single thing about any of this. all he knows is some dipshit attorney in NY doesn't like trump and loopholed a law on him and now Dot thinks FRAUD BAD!
Says the guy that literally does not understand how fraud works and boasts about it.
necronomous wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:00 am How can anyone not see the state just gave themselves a huge payout to help pay for the new immigrants coming in.
No one made Trump commit fraud.
What is the malfunction in your brain that consistently leaves out the different valuations on the same properties aspect? Is it stupidity or partisanship?
necronomous wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:07 pm Exactly. And the bank will do their own assessment. Trump and his peeps can say whatever fucking value they want, the bank is still going to assess the value independently. No bank is just going to take their word for it. If they do, I want to take my loans out there.
Are you going to echo the same malfunction?
Animal wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:26 pm Kevin O'Leary said it best. "This is a victimless crime. Every penny was paid back. Everyone on both sides ended up happy. No one lost any money. Its how every loan in the world is done".
Wrong. The banks were entitled to more income as Trump did not have the assets he claimed to warrant the interest rates he got. Trump was on the hook for more tax liability. No matter which way you slice it, they committed fraud.
Animal wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:26 pm I'm not suggesting that Trump hasn't done many things wrong. This just isn't one of them unless you are at the point of splitting every possible legal hair that can be split.
But that's only because your brain won't acknowledge what was done either out of stupidity or out of partisanship.
Again, their valuations mean nothing. They can present the value of whatever they want, but the people that do the assessment determine the value, taxed or otherwise. And if the bank is entitled to more money, why is the state keeping the money and not giving it to the banks? And why haven't the banks filed suit. All your points are not only wrong, they are fucking stupid.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

:lol:
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Animal wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:26 am:lol:
Is dot mentally retarded
Antknot