Direct bullseye in a month

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Re: Direct bullseye in a month

Post by disco.moon »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:17 am 18 hours to eclipse and absolute perfect viewing conditions.
Are you going to be naked?
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

disco.moon wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:49 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:17 am 18 hours to eclipse and absolute perfect viewing conditions.
He's going to sun tan.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

stonedmegman wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:42 am
He's going to sun tan.
He'll be out in the desert with his piece of cardboard with a hole in it.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:51 am
stonedmegman wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:42 am
He's going to sun tan.
He'll be out in the desert with his piece of cardboard with a hole in it.
And trying to watch it through the hole. :lol:
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Looking good so far. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

4 hours to go- fog just burned off and I see some blue skies. High wispy clouds.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:27 pm 4 hours to go- fog just burned off and I see some blue skies. High wispy clouds.
Weather Network says you're expecting thunderstorms.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:44 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:27 pm 4 hours to go- fog just burned off and I see some blue skies. High wispy clouds.
Weather Network says you're expecting thunderstorms.
Staying away so far. 2 hours to totality and the sun is out occasionally. Sure take it.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

1 hour to go...

BigChiefin
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by BigChiefin »

Pretty cloudy here in NY. Wife is disappointed. I couldn't care less.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Hear an Air Force jet high overhead. One is supposed to race with the eclipse all the way to Maine
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

OK that was awesome
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

Eclipse? What eclipse?

Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:40 pm OK that was awesome
Did your cardboard hold up?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Okay, so I went and saw the Eclipse out on my ranch. Picked a high spot with the best view of everything. Here's my takeaway. It was a bit cloudy for the first hour when the moon is gradually covering up the sun. Which turned out to be okay since that is a long fucking hour of not much happening. the clouds gave me a break from worrying about watching. But the clouds broke sporadically enough to see the gradual eclipsing of the sun. As it approached totality the skies cleared and it was an unobstructed view of the sun from then on. The last few seconds of the moon covering the sun are the most spectacular. You can sort of sense it is getting darker and cooler (similar to heavy cloud cover), and then suddenly its just like a ring of fire up in the sky. That light ring remains through the whole thing, which I wasn't expecting. I thought you had that ring for a second and then it got black for 4 minutes. It never got close to as dark as I was expecting. I had heard it got dark like night time. Not even close to that. I do a lot of night driving on the ranch and without a spotlight you can't see shit. I could have easily driven with no headlights in the peak of totality. The last lgood view was this red beam of light that starts at one point on the ring around the sun and then, from that point, the light reappears. and it happens fast and after that you can't see shit without glasses.

and shade 12 on a welder's lens is fine. I used it on my phone to take pictures. I never noticed anything peculiar with wildlife, as I had heard tons of stories. No animals thinking it was night. No birds doing weird stuff. And I was parked where I see deer, feral hogs, coyotes, duck, geese, beaver, otters, you name it. I saw or heard nothing out of the ordinary animal or wildlife related.

I would highly recommend the experience. I give it 8.5 out of 10 stars.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:56 pm Okay, so I went and saw the Eclipse out on my ranch. Picked a high spot with the best view of everything. Here's my takeaway. It was a bit cloudy for the first hour when the moon is gradually covering up the sun. Which turned out to be okay since that is a long fucking hour of not much happening. the clouds gave me a break from worrying about watching. But the clouds broke sporadically enough to see the gradual eclipsing of the sun. As it approached totality the skies cleared and it was an unobstructed view of the sun from then on. The last few seconds of the moon covering the sun are the most spectacular. You can sort of sense it is getting darker and cooler (similar to heavy cloud cover), and then suddenly its just like a ring of fire up in the sky. That light ring remains through the whole thing, which I wasn't expecting. I thought you had that ring for a second and then it got black for 4 minutes. It never got close to as dark as I was expecting. I had heard it got dark like night time. Not even close to that. I do a lot of night driving on the ranch and without a spotlight you can't see shit. I could have easily driven with no headlights in the peak of totality. The last lgood view was this red beam of light that starts at one point on the ring around the sun and then, from that point, the light reappears. and it happens fast and after that you can't see shit without glasses.

and shade 12 on a welder's lens is fine. I used it on my phone to take pictures. I never noticed anything peculiar with wildlife, as I had heard tons of stories. No animals thinking it was night. No birds doing weird stuff. And I was parked where I see deer, feral hogs, coyotes, duck, geese, beaver, otters, you name it. I saw or heard nothing out of the ordinary animal or wildlife related.

Maybe it was because you were not near the bullseye on the totality, but it was dark as night here. Pitch black. All the night lights in the town popped on. Birds went total silent. While I was videoing on my phone, about 3 minutes in, I noticed movement in the sky. A group of 10 or so hawks that appeared to be freaked out flying around together confused.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:23 pm
Animal wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:56 pm Okay, so I went and saw the Eclipse out on my ranch. Picked a high spot with the best view of everything. Here's my takeaway. It was a bit cloudy for the first hour when the moon is gradually covering up the sun. Which turned out to be okay since that is a long fucking hour of not much happening. the clouds gave me a break from worrying about watching. But the clouds broke sporadically enough to see the gradual eclipsing of the sun. As it approached totality the skies cleared and it was an unobstructed view of the sun from then on. The last few seconds of the moon covering the sun are the most spectacular. You can sort of sense it is getting darker and cooler (similar to heavy cloud cover), and then suddenly its just like a ring of fire up in the sky. That light ring remains through the whole thing, which I wasn't expecting. I thought you had that ring for a second and then it got black for 4 minutes. It never got close to as dark as I was expecting. I had heard it got dark like night time. Not even close to that. I do a lot of night driving on the ranch and without a spotlight you can't see shit. I could have easily driven with no headlights in the peak of totality. The last lgood view was this red beam of light that starts at one point on the ring around the sun and then, from that point, the light reappears. and it happens fast and after that you can't see shit without glasses.

Maybe it was because you were not near the bullseye on the totality, but it was dark as night here. Pitch black. All the night lights in the town popped on. Birds went total silent. While I was videoing on my phone, about 3 minutes in, I noticed movement in the sky. A group of 10 or so hawks that appeared to be freaked out flying around together confused.
maybe. I was definitely not a bullseye. In my area, the length of totality was about 3 min and 35 seconds, I think. I would have had to drive about 40 miles east to get the the centerline of totality.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:10 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:23 pm

maybe. I was definitely not a bullseye. In my area, the length of totality was about 3 min and 35 seconds, I think. I would have had to drive about 40 miles east to get the the centerline of totality.
And in the last hour here, clouds rolled in blocking the Sun. So, not sure how much or not that might have contributed to the darkness. Who knows. Still pretty awesome.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Overcast here to start with. Expecting 97%. Best I could do.

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

I'll post my video of the eclipse soon. Anyone know of a superior posting platform other than Igmur? Used it years ago, what a pain in the ass. Like pulling teeth.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:42 am I'll post my video of the eclipse soon. Anyone know of a superior posting platform other than Igmur? Used it years ago, what a pain in the ass. Like pulling teeth.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:42 am I'll post my video of the eclipse soon. Anyone know of a superior posting platform other than Igmur? Used it years ago, what a pain in the ass. Like pulling teeth.
YouTube, you boob.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Antknot wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:14 am
YouTube, you boob.
Give him a couple of years and he might figure it out. :lol: