Direct bullseye in a month

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: Direct bullseye in a month

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:07 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:42 am I'll post my video of the eclipse soon. Anyone know of a superior posting platform other than Igmur? Used it years ago, what a pain in the ass. Like pulling teeth.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Get a GRIP on your OCD, Rick
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:55 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:07 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:42 am I'll post my video of the eclipse soon. Anyone know of a superior posting platform other than Igmur? Used it years ago, what a pain in the ass. Like pulling teeth.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Get a GRIP on your OCD, Rick
Sorry, dude... I can't talk right now. I'm busy loading some new memes onto my Imgur account.
It's as easy as Sunday morning.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

It was overcast for much of the morning but we lucked out and the clouds broke up

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:03 pm It was overcast for much of the morning but we lucked out and the clouds broke up

Yep. We lucked out when the clouds broke just seconds before the total eclipse.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

A lot of hotels cashed in on a non-event in a lot of cities including Niagara falls.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

I hope you all enjoyed the event. I do not get the hype.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

B-Tender wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:23 pm I hope you all enjoyed the event. I do not get the hype.
I know right?

This is my second one. Novelty wore off 50 years ago.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

stonedmegman wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:27 pm
B-Tender wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:23 pm I hope you all enjoyed the event. I do not get the hype.
I know right?

Once you've missed "The Rapture" twice, does life even have meaning anymore?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I think it is the rarity of it, along with the fact that we absolutely know its coming and exactly at what moment in time (unlike an earthquake or tornado or volcano) and nothing can be done to stop it, or delay it or change the date. People have lined up for 160 years and waited every hour for Old Faithful to erupt. I would think the hype would be easily understood.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:07 pm
stonedmegman wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:27 pm
I know right?

Once you've missed "The Rapture" twice, does life even have meaning anymore?
At least I got to see the world before it went to shit. 8-)
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

Animal wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:09 pm
I think it is the rarity of it, along with the fact that we absolutely know its coming and exactly at what moment in time (unlike an earthquake or tornado or volcano) and nothing can be done to stop it, or delay it or change the date. People have lined up for 160 years and waited every hour for Old Faithful to erupt. I would think the hype would be easily understood.
Meh, seems like a pretty insignificant event, however rare.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Plus people fail to realize how rare it is in the Universe to have a planet with a single moon (more than one would screw up the orbits) at the exact distance away to create a total solar eclipse. Go back several million years (a fraction of a second compared to Earth's 4.5 Billion years) and it's too close. Go forward several million years and it will be too far away. Goldilocks if you will like our distance from the Sun.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Don't despair though. There will be a Total Lunar Eclipse visible in Texas on March 3, 2026. It will be visible in every city in Texas (I think) and it will last over 3 hours (Totality last about 1 hour). The moon doesn't go completely dark when the earth blocks the sun's light. It will become sort of a red color. I think they call it a blood moon.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:49 pm
Plus people fail to realize how rare it is in the Universe to have a planet with a single moon (more than one would screw up the orbits) at the exact distance away to create a total solar eclipse. Go back several million years (a fraction of a second compared to Earth's 4.5 Billion years) and it's too close. Go forward several million years and it will be too far away. Goldilocks if you will like our distance from the Sun.
They're not that rare, dude.
There will be 68 total eclipses of the sun in the 21st century. 72 annular eclipises.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:05 pm
There will be 68 total eclipses of the sun in the 21st century. 72 annular eclipises.
the problem is that most of them are only visible from the ocean.

the next one visible from the united states is in 2044. and i will be honest, i don't think it would have been worth it unless you were within that lane of totality. and even that probably wasn't worth much unless you had it for a minute or so. which starts to narrow down the area pretty small.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:07 pm

the next one visible from the united states is in 2044. and i will be honest, i don't think it would have been worth it unless you were within that lane of totality. and even that probably wasn't worth much unless you had it for a minute or so. which starts to narrow down the area pretty small.
That doesn't mean they don't happen.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:13 pm

so, technically, unless there is a lunar eclipse there is a solar eclipse happening every second of every day.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:44 pm

so, technically, unless there is a lunar eclipse there is a solar eclipse happening every second of every day.
No.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:47 pm

No.
sure there is. you just have to be on either land, sea or in space to see it. nothing rare about it.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:50 pm

No.
sure there is. you just have to be on either land, sea or in space to see it. nothing rare about it.
And when the moon is on the other side of Earth from the sun?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:53 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:50 pm

No.
And when the moon is on the other side of Earth from the sun?
then the moon is still blocking the sun, you'd just have to go up in a rocket to see the eclipse.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

And as usual, you aren't listening to what I'm saying. I didn't say that Solar/Lunar eclipses are rare. I said that our planets alignment with our lone Moon in this tight time window is certainly very rare among planets in the Universe.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Why don’t you drive out and watch the next one over the ocean? (Fucking voice to text)
Last edited by Antknot on Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:55 pm
And as usual, you aren't listening to what I'm saying. I didn't say that Solar/Lunar eclipses are rare. I said that our planets alignment with our lone Moon in this tight time window is certainly very rare among planets in the Universe.
Actually, given the number of planets and stars in the universe I'm sure it's not all that rare at all.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:01 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:55 pm
Actually, given the number of planets and stars in the universe I'm sure it's not all that rare at all.
Agree. With 100's of Billion of Stars and what? Trillion planets just in the Milky Way Galaxy, rare is a relative term. You just get the hunch there is someone halfway across, 5th planet from Sargon V on a social media site calling himself Animal and wishing there was some nudes online of Kate Beckinsale.