This is the SNL sketch Dana Carvey apologized for

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

This is the SNL sketch Dana Carvey apologized for

Post by CHEEZY17 »

This sketch certainly wouldnt be aired now but I dont really think he needed to apologize for it. Sharon Stone is no dummy and I'm sure she understood exactly what was happening. In 1992 she was at the height of her sex symbol status and looking hot AF and this would further add to that. She could have said no to the skit if she felt that strongly about it.
Inappropriate? Maybe.
Funny? Sure.
If she was fine with it then its water under the bridge now. Although I dont think Ive ever heard her mention it. Sometimes comedy is inappropriate. Phil Hartman is $$$ and Carvey is gold as always.

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: This is the SNL sketch Dana Carvey apologized for

Post by Animal »

That "apology" is getting way more media attention than it deserves. Its one of those stories that seems to make a big point, but the reality is that it was just a comment made during the two of them being interviewed together.

Carvey made his amends during Stone’s appearance on the Fly on the Wall With Dana Carvey and David Spade podcast.

These were Sharon Stone's comments during the exchange:

Stone said she wasn’t bothered by the sketch, but agreed it was created in a different time.

“I know the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony,” she said. “And I think that we were all committing misdemeanors [back then] because we didn’t think there was something wrong then. We didn’t have this sense. I had much bigger problems than that, you know what I mean? That was funny to me, I didn’t care. I was fine being the butt of the joke.”

Carvey was just using the "now appropriate" way to bring up sharon stone naked. He mentioned a time he wanted her to get naked and apologized for doing it, thereby bringing up her naked again and looking woke doing it. Its the new thing.