Boston Market

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Boston Market

Post by nerd_alert »

Anyone still have a Boston Market open in your area. I was driving over to a sandwich shop last and noticed the local one I used to go to appeared to be closed. All the signage had been removed. Got home, looked on Yelp and sure enough, permanently closed.

Tried going to their website, can't log into that anymore, you'd have to order via Door Dash. App wouldn't let me login or even change my password. No wonder you're going bankrupt. I think they closed 1/3 of their stores last year. Not a single location open in my state anymore.
jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Re: Boston Market

Post by jsdspif »

doesn't seem like search on their site works for me,even entering detroit says none found.I know about 20 years ago there was one near pine knob music thetre by Detroit,because my buddy went there,but I've never seen one in around southwest Michigan.
nerd_alert

Post by nerd_alert »

Wow, I remember they were hugely popular at one time. Down to 27 restaurants.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/202 ... ankruptcy/
jsdspif

Post by jsdspif »

i know why it happened way back when,but it seems like Kenny Rogers roasters could make a comeback. After they closed down here they started making them in the Phillippines and they couldn't build them fast enough.It wouldn't surprise me if they're still over there. "Kenny Roger's roasters,it's the wood that makes it good!"
BigChiefin
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by BigChiefin »

The one by me (an hour+ north of NYC) closed last year. No great loss because the quality of the food and the quality of the employees went down significantly in the last 5 years or so. It was in a nice area, but every time I went in there, I felt like I wandered onto MLK Blvd. somehow.
BigChiefin
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by BigChiefin »

jsdspif wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:55 pm i know why it happened way back when,but it seems like Kenny Rogers roasters could make a comeback. After they closed down here they started making them in the Phillippines and they couldn't build them fast enough.It wouldn't surprise me if they're still over there. "Kenny Roger's roasters,it's the wood that makes it good!"
jsdspif

Post by jsdspif »

I have not one but two devices called "vibra-bed" it was this super vibrating thing you put between the mattress and the box spring and it makes like that bed. I got them at a yard sale about 45 years ago.one is brand new in the box,the other seems brand new but no box.I have "powered them up" but never put it under the mattress,it's pretty big and seems like it would make a big bulge in the mattress,just like my dick...
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Popeyes and Chick-fil-A are killing off the competition in the same way Costco and Walmart killed off the small Mom & Pops.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
jsdspif

Post by jsdspif »

chick fil a i've never been there but in Battle creek I go by one every now and then and I could swear every time there is about 100 cars in line.It reminds me of costcos gasoline line. About 40 pumps with 30 or so cars lined up.How much money can they be saving sitting in line for an hour or more with their cars running? It can't be that good.For the chik,my buddy went once and told me he'd never go back.Wouldn't say why just "I'll never go back to one of those shitholes". On the plus side he got his harley running.When I first met him about 40 years ago he showed me a frame and boxes of parts "That's my harley,next year I'm putting it back together",well,40 years later he got it done.He's been working on it about 7 years.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

jsdspif wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:02 pm I have not one but two devices called "vibra-bed" it was this super vibrating thing you put between the mattress and the box spring and it makes like that bed. I got them at a yard sale about 45 years ago.one is brand new in the box,the other seems brand new but no box.I have "powered them up" but never put it under the mattress,it's pretty big and seems like it would make a big bulge in the mattress,just like my dick...
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Is Boston market and Boston pizza two different entities?

We have a Boston pizza in Peterborough.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Beverly D'Angelo was A-1 prime, ass definitely made for eating! :drool:

All the Boston Markets in the greater Orlando area closed up last year, all of them basically in a two week period. Sad, they were great in their day, except for the one by our house. I'd drive the extra 15 minutes to go to next one over, their food tasted a lot better. When the one by our house closed, I laughed, "finally the franchisee got smart with this location". Then found out the one we'd go to closed the same damn day. Now that broke our hearts. :(
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

The ones here in Scottsdale and environs are all shuttered. Not sure about Dallas or DFW
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:25 pm Beverly D'Angelo was A-1 prime, ass definitely made for eating! :drool:

All the Boston Markets in the greater Orlando area closed up last year, all of them basically in a two week period. Sad, they were great in their day, except for the one by our house. I'd drive the extra 15 minutes to go to next one over, their food tasted a lot better. When the one by our house closed, I laughed, "finally the franchisee got smart with this location". Then found out the one we'd go to closed the same damn day. Now that broke our hearts. :(
Same BS going on for decades. Original owners or family members of a successful organization (restaurant, retail, etc) decide they want to cash out. An investment company takes over. Goal is to bleed the franchise dry using their name but gutting the entire business dry by cutting costs, substitute crap ingredients etc. Same script almost every time. Welcome to the current US business model for success. Sad indeed.
peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by peterosehaircut »

There used to be a Boston market, USA steak buffet an golden corral in the nearest large town to me years ago. They're all closed. I'm not sure why, myself I liked them all and it always seemed like they were reasonably busy.
nerd_alert

Post by nerd_alert »

peterosehaircut wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:55 am There used to be a Boston market, USA steak buffet an golden corral in the nearest large town to me years ago. They're all closed. I'm not sure why, myself I liked them all and it always seemed like they were reasonably busy.
Still several Golden Corrals here in MD. They tend not to get great reviews. I haven't been to an all-you-can-eta place in years. Christ, half the time I can barely finish a whole sub. I lost a lot of weight from walking over the past few years and I think my stomach shrank. Just can't eat like I used to.

My favorite place to go to back in the day was Chesapeake Bay Seafood House. An all you can eat place. Man I devoured so many Alaskan king crab legs there. Oh and they had Dungeness crabs too which were awesome. Oh the memories
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

shit, i think the Boston Markets closed around the Dallas area over 20 years ago.
peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by peterosehaircut »

nerd_alert wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:28 am
peterosehaircut wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:55 am There used to be a Boston market, USA steak buffet an golden corral in the nearest large town to me years ago. They're all closed. I'm not sure why, myself I liked them all and it always seemed like they were reasonably busy.
Still several Golden Corrals here in MD. They tend not to get great reviews. I haven't been to an all-you-can-eta place in years. Christ, half the time I can barely finish a whole sub. I lost a lot of weight from walking over the past few years and I think my stomach shrank. Just can't eat like I used to.

My favorite place to go to back in the day was Chesapeake Bay Seafood House. An all you can eat place. Man I devoured so many Alaskan king crab legs there. Oh and they had Dungeness crabs too which were awesome. Oh the memories
Yeah I don't bother with buffets any more, I can't eat that much. Now days if I want Chinese I go to a sit down place where you order a plate off the menu.
nerd_alert

Post by nerd_alert »

peterosehaircut wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:31 am

Yeah I don't bother with buffets any more, I can't eat that much. Now days if I want Chinese I go to a sit down place where you order a plate off the menu.
I hear ya. It pains me, because here in MD, they often have Bull & Oyster roasts at the fire houses. It's incredible. I think the last one I went to was in 2019. I managed to eat a lot, way more than I should have, but damn, it was so good.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

nerd_alert wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:52 am
peterosehaircut wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:31 am

I hear ya. It pains me, because here in MD, they often have Bull & Oyster roasts at the fire houses. It's incredible. I think the last one I went to was in 2019. I managed to eat a lot, way more than I should have, but damn, it was so good.
Had a friend in Roatan Honduras who owned a restaurant called The hole in the Wall. Every Sunday he would offer All you could eat steak and lobster for $10 US. I always ate more than my fair share.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES