Yall feel that?

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Yall feel that?

Post by disco.moon »

I was sitting at my vanity putting on some makeup and all of a sudden my whole house started shaking and I heard of really loud rumble! The stuff on my vanity started shaking and like every white woman in a scary movie I ran towards the sound which I thought was my boiler only to realize it wasn't the boiler and I ran straight outside where all my neighbors were out there too commiserating about what this sound was and feeling. They're estimating 4.8 earthquake! My boyfriend is currently on a high-rise in Jersey City and he felt it too!
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Re: Yall feel that?

Post by stonedmegman »

Hawk fell off his bar stool.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

How long did it last? The quake, not your BF that is
nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

disco.moon wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:04 pm I was sitting at my vanity putting on some makeup and all of a sudden my whole house started shaking and I heard of really loud rumble! The stuff on my vanity started shaking and like every white woman in a scary movie I ran towards the sound which I thought was my boiler only to realize it wasn't the boiler and I ran straight outside where all my neighbors were out there too commiserating about what this sound was and feeling. They're estimating 4.8 earthquake! My boyfriend is currently on a high-rise in Jersey City and he felt it too!
You are not imagining things.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/earthquake-r ... 31839.html
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

Biker wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:25 pm How long did it last? The quake, not your BF that is
:lol: about 20ish seconds I would guess. Long enough for me to think about what it could have been; a large truck or my boiler! The sound was quite unsettling.
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

nerd_alert wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:25 pm
disco.moon wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:04 pm I was sitting at my vanity putting on some makeup and all of a sudden my whole house started shaking and I heard of really loud rumble! The stuff on my vanity started shaking and like every white woman in a scary movie I ran towards the sound which I thought was my boiler only to realize it wasn't the boiler and I ran straight outside where all my neighbors were out there too commiserating about what this sound was and feeling. They're estimating 4.8 earthquake! My boyfriend is currently on a high-rise in Jersey City and he felt it too!

It's just so insane. NJ?! I mean I know about the Ramapo Faultline but I've never expected anything like this in NJ. I was really freaked out. And now.... it's fucking lightly snowing.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

were you nude when you ran outside?
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

Animal wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:38 pm were you nude when you ran outside?
Of course!
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

disco.moon wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:54 pm
Animal wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:38 pm were you nude when you ran outside?
Of course!
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

pssssshh

thats a normal friday out here.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

pork wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:13 pm pssssshh

thats a normal friday out here.
Aboot 15 years ago we had an extremely rare one in the Ottawa/Hull area, coming in at a 4. A bridge in Wakefield Queerbec collapsed.

The running joke to this day is it was just Quebec trying to separate again. :lol:
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

NEVER FORGET- 4/5/2024
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I have to believe Disco sitting at her vanity during the Earthquake looked something like this:

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

I'm in southwest michigan and I actually felt one here years ago.I was partying in my car at the local lake/party spot and first I could hear gas in the tank sloshing around and then my car started shaking a little bit,so I figured someone was shaking my car so I got out to look and then it started shaking pretty good.I believe it originated in northern indiana. The next day at work my dad asked us if we felt the earthquake and I was "aaah,that's what was happening".I'm 60 now and that must have been about 40 years ago ,one of those things that you don't want to say "that will never happen",never's a pretty long time.
jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:39 pm I have to believe Disco sitting at her vanity during the Earthquake looked something like this:

wasn't it Victorie Principal in earthquake that had the great set of tits? Regardless of who it was I've jacked to the photos.
nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

disco.moon wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:34 pm
nerd_alert wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:25 pm

It's just so insane. NJ?! I mean I know about the Ramapo Faultline but I've never expected anything like this in NJ. I was really freaked out. And now.... it's fucking lightly snowing.
Yeah, they don't happen that often here on the East Coast. Last big one I felt here was in 2011, registering 5.8. I was in the basement at work and at first I thought their was equipment being moved on the floor above. But it just kept rumbling more and more. By the time I was getting nervous, it started subsiding.

Back in the 90's, I was at my Dad's house in NW Indiana watching TV and I started feeling rumblings. At first I thought it was one of the big gravel trucks that drove by often. Later found out it was a quake along the New Madrid fault line. I think it primarily runs from Arkansas, through Missouri into Indiana. Major earthquakes in 1811-1812. Mostly small quakes since but always potential for "The Big One"