I hope you climate change deniers are happy now

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

I hope you climate change deniers are happy now

Post by Biker »

Do you fuckfaces have no shame??
Reuters: Climate Change Hurting "Indonesian Trans Sex Workers'

Jason Walsh

A recently published article by Reuters is now warning that climate change is having a negative effect on Indonesian transgender sex workers.

The bizarre article, which we thought might have been an April Fool’s joke, is, in fact, real.

According to Leo Galuh, the author of the article:

“Nearly 93% of respondents saw decreased income during the rainy season.”

“Trans women…are among the most affected by extreme weather linked to climate change, as well as suffering disproportionately when disasters strike.”

Do they really think this will make people care more about “climate change?”

Bizarre that this is coming from Reuters…
— Son O' Joy (@Zero2One16) April 5, 2024

The article continues:

“Indonesia is particularly vulnerable to the effects of climate change, and trans women, who tend to face more stigma and marginalisation than trans men or other LGBTQ+ Indonesians, are also among those hardest hit by extreme weather.”

The sex workers are shut out of the formal economy” and have no other choice but to become prostitutes, the article argues.

“Despite gender-fluid communities being historically accepted in Indonesia, a rising tide of conservative Islam in the world’s largest Muslim-majority country has fuelled anti-LGBTQ+ persecution.”
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Re: I hope you climate change deniers are happy now

Post by CHEEZY17 »

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."