WWIII?

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

WWIII?

Post by stonedmegman »

Iran fires some 300 drones, missiles at Israel in first-ever direct attack; 99% downed
https://www.timesofisrael.com/iran-laun ... intercept/
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Re: WWIII?

Post by Antknot »

And 90% of the colleges and politicians will be rooting for the attackers.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I wonder if the billions we gave back to Iran helped pay for some of those munitions?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

If I was muslim I would pray for the safety of every iranian. And they should probably upgrade their virus protection.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:56 pm If I was muslim I would pray for the safety of every iranian. And they should probably upgrade their virus protection.
I wonder if secretly there are a ton of generals around the world who would love to see what would happen if the full power of the Israeli military were unleashed on its attackers unencumbered by UN feelings and feckless allies.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

It was all theater. What kind of nation announces an attack and then tells its enemy that the missiles will arrive in 3 hours?

This was total horseshit
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:45 pm It was all theater. What kind of nation announces an attack and then tells its enemy that the missiles will arrive in 3 hours?

This was total horseshit
it was theater. Iran's theater. It was their way of showing off that they have so much sophisticated missiles and drones and they can reach israel with them. Iran overplayed their hand though. I suspect even Hammurabi was rolling his eyes at that level of retribution.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I guess pigs are flying now? Saudia Arabia helped to defend Israel from Iranian attack:

Saudi Arabia says it helped defend Israel against Iran — report
Many of the drones and missiles had to travel over Jordanian and Saudi airspace to reach Israel.

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/saudi ... ran-797201
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:07 pm I guess pigs are flying now? Saudia Arabia helped to defend Israel from Iranian attack:

Many of the drones and missiles had to travel over Jordanian and Saudi airspace to reach Israel.

Saudi Arabia would probably fund every missile we launched at Iran.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Animal wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:56 pm If I was muslim I would pray for the safety of every iranian. And they should probably upgrade their virus protection.
Not necessarily. Iranians are Shi'ites, most other Muslims are Sunni, and they consider each other to be heretics. Sunnis can really hate Shi'ites for religious reasons, and they often barely tolerate each other. They often won't pray in each others' mosques. An example is Al Assad in Syria, who's an Alawite Shi'ite, his elite runs what is in reality a Sunni majority country. ISIS and Al Qaeda have been known to round up Shi'ites and basically massacre them, this happened in Syria and Iraq, which is Shi'ite majority in the east, bordering Iran, while more Sunni majority in the west. A lot of the beheading and shooting execution vids from ISIS you find on gore sites involve just that, Sunni on Shi'ite violence.

Back in the day, after Iranian revolutionaries took over the American embassy in Tehran, many Iranians not aligned with the Shah went on demonstrations in a number of American cities for the revolution. I learned most other Muslims, usually Sunni, did not support the revolution or the demonstrators, and a lot of fights broke out on the streets between them.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:44 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:07 pm I guess pigs are flying now? Saudia Arabia helped to defend Israel from Iranian attack:

Yeah, I get that these two are not exactly best of friends but I thought the whole "Muslim vs Jews" thing would trump their squabbles and they'd remain "neutral". Honestly, that seems like a big move on the part of SA as I think they are also on the verge of normalizing relations with Israel as well.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:00 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:44 pm

Yeah, I get that these two are not exactly best of friends but I thought the whole "Muslim vs Jews" thing would trump their squabbles and they'd remain "neutral". Honestly, that seems like a big move on the part of SA as I think they are also on the verge of normalizing relations with Israel as well.
nothing trumps the Sunni v shiite feud. I don't think.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Jordan also joined the coalition on helping to defend against the Iranian attack. The Iranian govt has made many enemies in nearby Countries for decades.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:33 pm

Jordan also joined the coalition on helping to defend against the Iranian attack. The Iranian govt has made many enemies in nearby Countries for decades.
and I would suspect, much like what Russia has accomplished in Ukraine, most of these arab nations got a glimpse of Iran's capabilities and will now want friends with lots of missiles and drones. Iran should have been content to keep letting Russia test their drones and missiles on a real battlefield while Iran kepts its hands clean and made a friend for life with Russia. But they chose to show off.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Animal wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:06 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:33 pm

and I would suspect, much like what Russia has accomplished in Ukraine, most of these arab nations got a glimpse of Iran's capabilities and will now want friends with lots of missiles and drones. Iran should have been content to keep letting Russia test their drones and missiles on a real battlefield while Iran kepts its hands clean and made a friend for life with Russia. But they chose to show off.
The regimes in Tehran have shown nothing but missteps since 1979. I feel sorry for the lost generations of mostly Iranians youths denied an opportunity to enjoy life for 45 years. Paying the price of the parents, grandparents blindly following an extreme Islamic path. Now paying the price and the bill is due.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

we won't run Iran out of oil, but they might run out of water. At least enough water to cause some real stability problems for their government. they only have a few dozen dams in the whole country that could be wiped out in an afternoon of cruise missiles. I'm not sure what their Plan B is for water.

water is their achilles heel.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

ISRAEL’S REVENGE: Explosions Reported In Iraq, Syria, And In Iranian Cities With Nuclear Facilities

https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/is ... ities.html
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

stonedmegman wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:57 am ISRAEL’S REVENGE: Explosions Reported In Iraq, Syria, And In Iranian Cities With Nuclear Facilities

apparently Israel only wanted to let them know that they also had drones and missiles that could reach Iran PLUS they could avoid detection.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:48 pm
stonedmegman wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:57 am ISRAEL’S REVENGE: Explosions Reported In Iraq, Syria, And In Iranian Cities With Nuclear Facilities

apparently Israel only wanted to let them know that they also had drones and missiles that could reach Iran PLUS they could avoid detection.
Or Israel is no better than the rest of the ME and need to show they have the bigger dick.

It's time we quit acting like they are different and more worthy of our support. At least Egypt stays in their lane and does what we ask for all the money we give them.

What return has the US ever received from all of our support of Zionism? They didn't participate in the Iraq wars, they make us more enemies than friends and they refuse to seek diplomatic solutions to the problems in the region. Sounds like a terrible ROI.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:55 pm
Animal wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:48 pm

Or Israel is no better than the rest of the ME and need to show they have the bigger dick.

It's time we quit acting like they are different and more worthy of our support. At least Egypt stays in their lane and does what we ask for all the money we give them.

What return has the US ever received from all of our support of Zionism? They didn't participate in the Iraq wars, they make us more enemies than friends and they refuse to seek diplomatic solutions to the problems in the region. Sounds like a terrible ROI.
the US asked Israel to stay on the sidelines during the Iraq war.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:16 pm
Totally, AIPAC was pushing for an invasion of Iraq involving Israeli soldiers until the Neocons decided it was more important to keep the Jordanians and Saudi Arabians involved and told them to sit it out.

https://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/03 ... index.html
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:58 am
Totally, AIPAC was pushing for an invasion of Iraq involving Israeli soldiers until the Neocons decided it was more important to keep the Jordanians and Saudi Arabians involved and told them to sit it out.

so if you know Israel was asked to sit out of the war in Iraq, why are you surprised that Israel didn't get involved in the war in Iraq?
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:46 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:58 am

so if you know Israel was asked to sit out of the war in Iraq, why are you surprised that Israel didn't get involved in the war in Iraq?
I didn't say I was surprised. I am upset they are lobbying us to fight wars they won't be a part of. Pretty shitty thing to do to an "ally".