Garden Thread 2024

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Garden Thread 2024

Post by Blast »

The garden is expanding, i ordered 8 - 4 x 8 raised beds, built 6 half barrel planters, tilled a 10 x 20 foot area next to the barn, ordered 4 new frontenac grape vines, have over 100 peppers, tomatoes, Brussel sprout, a broccoli plants started, planted 10 more strawberry roots, 5 rhubarb roots, placed 4 new blueberry bushes, and I've spread 8 yards of mulch. I need to get 9 yards of garden soil. My gf started a perenial garden along my driveway where there is now asparagus, primerose, bleeding heart, lupine, and some plant named Dale. I also planted 2 new apple trees. Next year I'm going to try and kill
All my grass and plant creeping thyme so i never have to mow again.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Re: Garden Thread 2024

Post by Biker »

How long before the blueberry bushes begin to produce?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Awesome, nothing beats the taste of fresh garden grown stuff. How do you plan on keeping the rabbits out?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:23 pm How long before the blueberry bushes begin to produce?
i have blackberry bushes and i noticed there is fruit on them now, but its not close to ripe. I would think a couple of more months.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Animal wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:51 pm
Biker wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:23 pm How long before the blueberry bushes begin to produce?
i have blackberry bushes and i noticed there is fruit on them now, but its not close to ripe. I would think a couple of more months.
I meant how many years. Do newly planted bushes produce fruit? I've always thought the plants needed to mature first
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:22 pm
Animal wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:51 pm
I meant how many years. Do newly planted bushes produce fruit? I've always thought the plants needed to mature first
If you plant a new black berry (not blue berry, i don't know anything about them) bush from a nursery that is about a foot tall or less, it will have fruit the first year. Maybe 20 berries or so. Then the bush grows and gets bigger each year with more berries. But you get just enough the first year to wish you had planted more.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

My blackberries grow and spread like crazy and I consistently have to tame them. They are actually kind of a nuisance but that week or two when the berries are perfectly ripe make it worth it to keep them around. I wish my raspberries would grow and spread as easily as the blackberries.

I tried growing a blueberry bush several years back but it didnt do well and never got past the size of a small shrub. What little fruit it produced was tasty but eventually it just died. I think they require very specific soil nutrients.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:25 pm My blackberries grow and spread like crazy and I consistently have to tame them. They are actually kind of a nuisance but that week or two when the berries are perfectly ripe make it worth it to keep them around. I wish my raspberries would grow and spread as easily as the blackberries.

I tried growing a blueberry bush several years back but it didnt do well and never got past the size of a small shrub. What little fruit it produced was tasty but eventually it just died. I think they require very specific soil nutrients.
the drought last summer got my blackberry bushes. i had to plant new this year.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Blueberry bushes here would just attract the bears.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

They produce right away. They do prefer more acidic soil, i had to modify my soil by adding sulfur. The bushes vary in sizes with most of mine being fairly small for now. I have 2 that are going to be larger and I may swap others out.
The rabbits are going to be shot, and everything they like to eat is going on the raised planters.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

Does anyone grow pot anymore?
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Who wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:42 am Does anyone grow pot anymore?
My babies. Bubba Kush. :smokingweed:

Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

stonedmegman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:12 am

I’m jelly
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

Who wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:34 am
stonedmegman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:12 am

I’m jelly
There's a thread for that.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

Moved 8 yards of dirt, filling 8 raised beds this weekend, planted a couple hundred bucks worth of perrenial plants, and got my first ringside plants in the ground this weekend. My back yard is looking more like a small hobby farm..
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Blast wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:00 am Moved 8 yards of dirt, filling 8 raised beds this weekend, planted a couple hundred bucks worth of perrenial plants, and got my first ringside plants in the ground this weekend. My back yard is looking more like a small hobby farm..
Awesome. I hope you can post pics as I'd love to see the progress. Perennials are amazing. It's great just watching them come back every year usually bigger and stronger.
Its an annual but if you plant cilantro be prepared for next year because you'll have 25 plants springing up.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:30 am
Blast wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:00 am Moved 8 yards of dirt, filling 8 raised beds this weekend, planted a couple hundred bucks worth of perrenial plants, and got my first ringside plants in the ground this weekend. My back yard is looking more like a small hobby farm..
Awesome. I hope you can post pics as I'd love to see the progress. Perennials are amazing. It's great just watching them come back every year usually bigger and stronger.
Its an annual but if you plant cilantro be prepared for next year because you'll have 25 plants springing up.
I seem to kill cilantro. I have 2 raised planters I made from 55 gallon drums that I'm planting herbs in. If I get more next year it saves me on seeds but I don't they would survive the winter here.
I'll post pictures of the perennials when I get them all planted. My gf is planning on raiding her mom's flower gardens for some plants in particular. She has some rare and hard to find stuff there and what is called the x-rated bed for hostas with wild or sex themed names such as bodice ripper. I May have abondoned my idea or replacing my grass along the street with thyme in favor of Daylillies and Irises.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

I have Columbines, Lupine, Bleeding Heart, Monkshood, a poppy, a daylilly, and A couple others I can't remember. Then there's the filled raised beds.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

any pics of the gf?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Blast wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:43 pm
I seem to kill cilantro. I have 2 raised planters I made from 55 gallon drums that I'm planting herbs in. If I get more next year it saves me on seeds but I don't they would survive the winter here.
I'll post pictures of the perennials when I get them all planted. My gf is planning on raiding her mom's flower gardens for some plants in particular. She has some rare and hard to find stuff there and what is called the x-rated bed for hostas with wild or sex themed names such as bodice ripper. I May have abondoned my idea or replacing my grass along the street with thyme in favor of Daylillies and Irises.
Daylilies are amazing. I call them the whores of the flower world because they will put out no matter what. There are some really cool varieties too other than the basic yellow you see so often but it might take some searching to find those.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:07 pm
Daylilies are amazing. I call them the whores of the flower world because they will put out no matter what. There are some really cool varieties too other than the basic yellow you see so often but it might take some searching to find those.
The gf has one they can't quite identify that's 20 years old or so and they've got it close to one of 6 old cultivars, spider variety with pink, green, and, yellow. She ran a trial garden at a botanical garden for 10 years, she knows people and has plants and I've given her free riegn on that patch next to my driveway.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

Animal wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:14 pm any pics of the gf?
None I'll share.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Blast wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:30 pm
None I'll share.
so that's how its going to be?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:07 pm
The gf has one they can't quite identify that's 20 years old or so and they've got it close to one of 6 old cultivars, spider variety with pink, green, and, yellow. She ran a trial garden at a botanical garden for 10 years, she knows people and has plants and I've given her free riegn on that patch next to my driveway.
Can you post a pic of that please when it blooms?
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Animal wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:14 pm
None I'll share.
so that's how its going to be?
BAN HIM!!!!